DVDFab 8.0.8.7 Beta (Qt):

vbimport

Dear all,

After several months of hard working, the brand new qt build of DVDFab is available now.

DVDFab 8.0.8.7 Beta (Qt):http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_QT

Why Qt?

1. We can have some advanced UI effects like skins and animations in future versions.
  2. We have moved an important step to the Mac version.

Please help us to try it if you like to do beta testing, thank you very much!

What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.8.7 Beta (April 3, 2011)

New: Updated all Qt languages to latest version.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.

DVDFab 8.0.8.6 Beta (April 1, 2011)

New: Rewritten user interface with Qt.
New: Changed language files to Qt format.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.

Blu-ray Copy:
New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
Note: Please update AMD Radeon video card drivers first.

1. Visit http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/DOWNLOA...downloads.aspx
  2. Download both “Catalyst Software Suite” and “AMD Media Codec Package” (Optional Downloads).
    Currently the ATI Stream support is limited to video decoding only. It’s the problem of AMD driver, and we need to wait for driver updates to support H.264 video encoding. Also the decoding speed of ATI Stream is not very faster than DXVA, but it should be more stable than DXVA.
    Fix: A problem that output size is too small when compressing certain discs like “The Social Network” to BD25.
    Fix: A problem that 2D copy of Blu-ray 3D disc cannot be played on certain players like PS3.

Blu-ray Ripper:
New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
Fix: A crash problem when converting certain discs like “Robin Hood”.

Blu-ray to DVD Converter:
New: Added support for multiple audio stream selection.
Fix: A video quality problem caused by the new VBR encoding.

Video Converter:
Fix: Several problems when rendering external subtitle.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Just so everybody understands this, this is a beta program, you cannot register it, you cannot buy it, the rules have not been told to me or anyone else on whether this is a new version of the older Fab Platnium or something you may have to upgrade to, I have no idea, but for now its a beta, that means for testing purposes only, if you do not want to test dont use this version. If you do I dont think you can register a beta until its ready for distribution.

It imports the old licens stuff on what you have bought.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2582837]It imports the old license stuff on what you have bought.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Gummigutta, I was not sure, thanks for clarifying that.:flower:

I just downloaded it and checked and I still have Never Expire.I thought a new key was needed but i’m not complaining.

I will try it out and see if it makes a difference.

Jeannie

So is “QT” mean this is for Mac users only? or is this for everyone??

[QUOTE=tankeryanker;2582908]So is “QT” mean this is for Mac users only? or is this for everyone??[/QUOTE]

Currently it’s only for Windows (and Linux through Wine). I guess the Mac version will come later.

Might also work on a Mac if you run it trough something similar to Wine.

Thanks Wombler:clap:

Is everyone using this instead of the latest Stable version? How you all making out, I am still using V 8.0.8.5 LOL. I just hate to ruin a good thing, I have absolutely no problems with V8.0.8.5 using Imgburn as my burning engine , I get very picky with new build.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2583564]Is everyone using this instead of the latest Stable version? How you all making out, I am still using V 8.0.8.5 LOL. I just hate to ruin a good thing, I have absolutely no problems with V8.0.8.5 using Imgburn as my burning engine , I get very picky with new build.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

I’m still using v8083 because I have had no problems yet and most updates/improvements now a days are not related to DVD copy or DVD Ripper.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2583716]I’m still using v8083 because I have had no problems yet and most updates/improvements now a days are not related to DVD copy or DVD Ripper.[/QUOTE]
I use most of the fuctions of the last non beta and they all work great for so I am not so inclined to use this QT version until its perfected, and even then I am not embarrassed to say I don’t understand alot of what the Qt version is trying to accomplish, but I am sure its all good. But at this point I am backing up my blurays and reg DVds just fine making .iso files and doing all the good stuff that I need to get done, and with my newer more powerful build ( you can see it in my sig if you click on " Here" in my sig.):flower:

My Computer specs are Herehttp://club.myce.com/f7/signature-thread-post-your-pc-specs-here-191453/index14.html#post2583565

[QUOTE=alan1476;2583717]I use most of the fuctions of the last non beta and they all work great for so I am not so inclined to use this QT version until its perfected, and even then I am not embarrassed to say I don’t understand alot of what the Qt version is trying to accomplish, but I am sure its all good. But at this point I am backing up my blurays and reg DVds just fine making .iso files and doing all the good stuff that I need to get done, and with my newer more powerful build ( you can see it in my sig if you click on " Here" in my sig.):flower:

My Computer specs are Herehttp://club.myce.com/f7/signature-thread-post-your-pc-specs-here-191453/index14.html#post2583565[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here on the QT version not sure why but the QT version opens off the screen as shown below and having to relocate on the screen evey time I want to use it is just a pain in the …well you know :rolleyes:

From my understanding the QT was created so DVDFab can run on other operating system and also have the ability of skinning the UI.

I am still using 8.0.7.9 as I cannot get 8.0.8.5 to work on DVD rip for iPod and iPhone. I have gotten no response after posting my files and 8.0.8.5 made 8 bad movies.

[QUOTE=Eidos;2583796]I am still using 8.0.7.9 as I cannot get 8.0.8.5 to work on DVD rip for iPod and iPhone. I have gotten no response after posting my files and 8.0.8.5 made 8 bad movies.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird, I make .mp4 files all the time for my IPOD and they work great.
Everyones config is different.

Thanks for your input. I have tried everything including checking all the settings and reinstalling the software and downloading it multiple times. I just gave up and use the old one.
I got no response from my post on the topic so I guess I must be the only one with such a problem.

So far, so good with the latest QT version. Haven’t done any conversions to mobile, but the basic backup and burn features working perfectly on my Win7 64-bit box.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2583716]I’m still using v8083 because I have had no problems yet and most updates/improvements now a days are not related to DVD copy or DVD Ripper.[/QUOTE]

Same here. :iagree: Again, the old adage seems appropriate: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…and copy and ripper work perfectly for me in 8083.

I still don’t know enough about what the “QT” version is all about either. I don’t know what it’s purpose is (other than for a Mac). If it’s going to stay a separate version or if it’s going to end up being the new DVDFab altogether. Currently choosing not to use it, I just can’t come up with a reason to other than as a strict beta tester (which I’m not).

I have tried this latest version and it seems to work most of the time. There is an issue with the sliders for Fixed Bitrate and Fixed File size under the ripper edit mode in that the numerical values do not chance and you have to click the slider handle toget the number to update. This was not required in the older versions.

I have done 4 disks with no issues but could not make a MP4 of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader. The process seems to work but then the MP4 file comes up with no file extension and the file size is “0”. I went back to old reliable 8.0.7.9 and it worked fine. I am still having problems with all new DVD FAB releases since 8.0.7.9.