DVDFab 8.0.8.6 Beta (Qt):

Dear all,

After several months of hard working, the brand new qt build of DVDFab is available now.

DVDFab 8.0.8.6 Beta (Qt version):
http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_QT

Why Qt?

1. We can have some advanced UI effects like skins and animations in future versions.
  2. We have moved an important step to the Mac version.

Please help us to try it if you like to do beta testing, thank you very much!

To report problem of this version, please start your own thread at specific sub-forum, with 8086Qt in prefix or title, thanks.

What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.8.6 Beta (April 1, 2011)

New: Rewritten user interface with Qt.
New: Changed language files to Qt format.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.

Blu-ray Copy:
New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
Note: Please update AMD Radeon video card drivers first.

1. Visit http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/DOWNLOA...downloads.aspx
  2. Download both “Catalyst Software Suite” and “AMD Media Codec Package” (Optional Downloads).
    Currently the ATI Stream support is limited to H.264 and VC1 video decoding. It’s the problem of AMD driver, and we need to wait for driver updates to support more features like MPEG2 video decoding and H.264 encoding. Also the decoding speed of ATI Stream is not very faster than DXVA, but it should be more stable than DXVA.
    Fix: A problem that output size is too small when compressing certain discs like “The Social Network” to BD25.
    Fix: A problem that 2D copy of Blu-ray 3D disc cannot be played on certain players like PS3.

Blu-ray Ripper:
New: Added support for ATI Stream acceleration technology.
Fix: A crash problem when converting certain discs like “Robin Hood”.

Blu-ray to DVD Converter:
New: Added support for multiple audio stream selection.
Fix: A video quality problem caused by the new VBR encoding.

Video Converter:
Fix: Several problems when rendering external subtitle.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

No 8.0.8.6 Regular version. Is it only QT now?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2582729]No 8.0.8.6 Regular version. Is it only QT now?[/QUOTE]

Sooner or later DVDFab will migrate to the QT version/style , so maybe this is the start of the [B]new regular[/B] :bigsmile:

For us who are not computer smarts.What is QT and how is it different from just plain beta.

You say it might be QT soon and only QT and I personaly have no idea what QT is or does.

It’s like when you go shopping.I always buy the same thing but now it is New and Approved products or food.I like old and lousy cause been using it for years so why fix something that works.Guess that is my Question.:confused:

Thanks.

[QUOTE=altitude;2582734]For us who are not computer smarts.What is QT and how is it different from just plain beta.

You say it might be QT soon and only QT and I personaly have no idea what QT is or does.

It’s like when you go shopping.I always buy the same thing but now it is New and Approved products or food.I like old and lousy cause been using it for years so why fix something that works.Guess that is my Question.:confused:

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Hi altitude

There really is no difference in functionality between the normal version and the Qt version, whats in bold below is the basic differences.

"Why Qt?

1. We can have some [B]advanced UI effects like skins and animations [/B]in future versions.
  2. We have moved an important step to [B]the Mac version[/B]."

:wink:

Thanks for the reply but still not getting it.I was a blonde at one time and changed the colour of my hair so guess that did’nt work.

What does Q stand for
What does T stand for.

Thanks

[QUOTE=altitude;2582742]Thanks for the reply but still not getting it.I was a blonde at one time and changed the colour of my hair so guess that did’nt work.

What does Q stand for
What does T stand for.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

According to Haavard Nord, who developed Qt, the letter ‘Q’ was chosen as the class prefix because the letter looked beautiful in Haavard’s Emacs font. The ‘t’ was added to stand for “toolkit”, inspired by Xt, the X Toolkit.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank You.I knew someone had the answer so now i’ll be able to sleep at night.

Much Love from this End of the World.

Jeannie

[QUOTE=altitude;2582756]Thank You.I knew someone had the answer so now i’ll be able to sleep at night.

Much Love from this End of the World.

Jeannie[/QUOTE]

You’re more than welcome. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Just downloaded the new beta onto a brand new laptop. I then downloaded my reg key and ran it to register QT. No go. Comes up with the trial version screen every time I run FAB.

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2582780]Just downloaded the new beta onto a brand new laptop. I then downloaded my reg key and ran it to register QT. No go. Comes up with the trial version screen every time I run FAB.[/QUOTE]

Hi rhazzon.

Try the latest version here and see if that helps.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I think the QT version is not for sale yet, but that means its not ready for sale, the regular Fab Released version is and I ask people to use it unless they want to beta test the QT version.

Please help us to try it if you like to do beta testing, thank you very much!

[QUOTE=altitude;2582742]What does Q stand for
What does T stand for.
[/QUOTE]

Qt should be read as Cute. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2582826]Hi rhazzon.

Try the latest version here and see if that helps.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Nope. Still shows TRIAL USER under LICENSEE for all options.

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2582844]Nope. Still shows TRIAL USER under LICENSEE for all options.[/QUOTE]

Potentially there will be lot of problems with this version as it’s a genuine beta (not the usual DVDFab protection update).

You might therefore be best uninstalling it and using the current full release version until they get this sorted.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I would ask

QT mean use of new code for interface?

QT does not mean 2D to 3D?

Is to be the QT starting version 9, since it differ from 8085 so much?

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2587609]

Is to be the QT starting version 9, since it differ from 8085 so much?

Thank you[/QUOTE]
It has been stated somewhere else that there will by [U]no[/U] future updates to V8085.

Future release will be of the QT type.

Makes since that it will be V9 but who knows until it happens.