DVDFab 8.0.7.9 Beta is out (March 10, 2011)

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.7.9 Beta is out:

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

There is another good news, after several months of hard working, the first qt build of DVDFab is available now.
http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_QT for advanced user only

Why Qt?

1. We can have some advanced UI effects like skins and animations in future versions.
  2. We have moved an important step to the Mac version.

What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.7.9 Beta (March 10, 2011)

New: Update language files.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: A crash problem at startup in certain cases.

DVD Copy:
Fix: A freeze problem when opening “127 Hours” with PathPlayer enabled.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks Ant just downloaded it and saved it to my collection of download updates on my memory stick.

Thanks ant :flower:

Hi :iagree:
ant and thanks for the update
Question why a advanced version ?
Again thinks
nedt

Very disappointing!! Been waiting for the new version because 8078 wont open for me…for some odd reason…and now i have the same problem with 8079! I’m at a loss…guess i will run 8076 until the new non beta comes out. :frowning:

Oh well. Maybe Fengtao will fix the crashing on Win7SP1.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDFab.exe
Application Version: 8.0.7.9
Application Timestamp: 4d78a3bc
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 04406910
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Back to 8.0.7.6

Why don’t I have any of these problems, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1?

Will our licenses also work on the QT version??

Why don’t I have any of these problems, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1?

Problem might only be on the 32-Bit or the Professional/Home Editions of Win. 7? What Version of Win 7 are you running sorewinner?

im running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit sp1

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2579286]Will our licenses also work on the QT version??
[/QUOTE]

Yes your reg key will work on the new QT version.

BTW…For those members that want to know what the QT version is…
It is a GUI development environment that is cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). It doesn’t do anything extra. It is just an incremental step to allow DVDFab to work on a Mac. Nothing to see here for anybody that isn’t already familiar with Qt.

It will install within it’s own folder so you can have both v8079 beta and v8079 QT beta installed together and when you do install it, it auto detects your reg key and will have the same settings you have in v8079 beta.

Thanks for that info SJ

@tankeryanker I have installed the new version on Win 7 Ult 32 and 64 bit and also on Win 7 Pro 32 and 64 bit and have had no issues.

Are you getting any pop ups or messages?

Thanks ANT1ROCK:clap: :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2579347]Yes your reg key will work on the new QT version.

It is a GUI development environment that is cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). It doesn’t do anything extra. It is just an incremental step to allow DVDFab to work on a Mac. Nothing to see here for anybody that isn’t already familiar with Qt.

It will install within it’s own folder so you can have both v8079 beta and v8079 QT beta installed together and when you do install it, it auto detects your reg key and will have the same settings you have in v8079 beta.[/QUOTE]

Yes it’s only for advanced users as it’s more likely that there are bugs in the QT version.

So unless you need it guys (or want to experiment) stick with the normal version in the meantime. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2579347]Yes your reg key will work on the new QT version.

It will install within it’s own folder so you can have both v8079 beta and v8079 QT beta installed together and when you do install it, it auto detects your reg key and will have the same settings you have in v8079 beta.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!! :cool: BTW, QT=? What does it mean?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2579387]Good to hear!! :cool: BTW, QT=? What does it mean?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure that it stands for anything but it could just be a play on words (cutie).

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2579383]Yes it’s only for advanced users as it’s more likely that there are bugs in the QT version.

So unless you need it guys (or want to experiment) stick with the normal version in the meantime. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I already found a few bugs and since it does the same job as the regular version no one really needs it but I’m sure Fengtao released it so users can find any bugs it may have.

No i am not getting any pop ups or messages…the program simply will not open up AT ALL.

Do you happen to have any optical drives assigned to A: or B:? Sometimes you can get away with that and sometimes…

If I block WERfault from attaching to the DVDFab process when it crashes, you get the popup:
The instruction at 0x04306910 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

When you double-click DVDFab, it first accesses the hardware, then the registry key HKLM/Software/Classes/.key , which is an empty key.

That’s when it crashes. Both 8.0.7.8 & 8.0.7.9 give the StackHash_0a9e fault.

[QUOTE=sorewinner;2579463]If I block WERfault from attaching to the DVDFab process when it crashes, you get the popup:
The instruction at 0x04306910 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

When you double-click DVDFab, it first accesses the hardware, then the registry key HKLM/Software/Classes/.key , which is an empty key.

That’s when it crashes. Both 8.0.7.8 & 8.0.7.9 give the StackHash_0a9e fault.[/QUOTE]

Doyou have a registered version of DVDFab ? if so when does the key expire ? also if it has not expired yet have you tried entering your reg key again ?