DVDFab 8.0.7.3 is out (January 29, 2011):

DVDFab 8.0.7.3 Updated!

* New: Updated language files.
* New: Some minor changes and improvements.

Blu-ray Copy:

* New: Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc for playing on PS3.
* New: Added option "Create Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia" in "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" mode.
* For more info about Cinavia, please see the sticky on Cinavia protection.

Blu-ray 3D Ripper

* New: Improved multi-thread MVC decoder performance.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Download:

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB

Thanks for the update.

New version installs but will not load up when double clicked in Vista 32 BIT.

[QUOTE=Eidos;2572322]New version installs but will not load up when double clicked in Vista 32 BIT.[/QUOTE]

Did you do a clean un-install?? Maybe there some leftover files causing problems.

Thanks for the update. New updates coming out before I even used the last one. Slowing down in my old age.

:clap:
thanks, Miroku

Thanks, Miroku :flower:
Ant

[QUOTE=Eidos;2572322]New version installs but will not load up when double clicked in Vista 32 BIT.[/QUOTE]

This has to be on your end ( computer), because if it were rampant we would have many many posts on this and we do not. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled the new version with my product keys and it came up ok. I hope I reset all the settings the way I had them!

Thanks for your help Miroku44444!

Thanks Miroku44444. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I, also, just downloaded the new 8.0.7.3 version and had the same problem!! It seemed to download okay but did hesitate during the end of the installing process which is not the norm. I double-clicked to open it (use Windows 7) and it does not open. I am going back to 8.0.7.2 Beta as we should not have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work. I have not had any such problem with any of the other versions.

BrendaJC

[QUOTE=brendajc;2572472]I, also, just downloaded the new 8.0.7.3 version and had the same problem!! It seemed to download okay but did hesitate during the end of the installing process which is not the norm. I double-clicked to open it (use Windows 7) and it does not open. I am going back to 8.0.7.2 Beta as we should not have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work. I have not had any such problem with any of the other versions.

BrendaJC[/QUOTE]

I didn’t have any trouble on my Win 7 or my XP rig :confused:

When you downloaded it was the download very slow ? if so delete the installer you have and re-download a new installer, the installer has been known to get corrupt during the download .

When my Vista 32 computer failed I installed it on a Window 7 computer and it worked fine. I then did a clean uninstall on the Vista 32 including cleaning the registry. I then downloaded the new version 8.0.7.3 for the fourth time and it installed OK.

The version 8.0.7.2 worked on the Vista 32 computer and worked even reinstalled. Honestly the clean uninstall solved my problem so you should try it. I am now running 8.0.7.3.

[QUOTE=Eidos;2572482]When my Vista 32 computer failed I installed it on a Window 7 computer and it worked fine. I then did a clean uninstall on the Vista 32 including cleaning the registry. I then downloaded the new version 8.0.7.3 for the fourth time and it installed OK.

The version 8.0.7.2 worked on the Vista 32 computer and worked even reinstalled. Honestly the clean uninstall solved my problem so you should try it. I am now running 8.0.7.3.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the guide or did you just go through the registry on your own ?
either way glad you fixed your issue :clap:

The download took the usual amount of time and was not slow. I downloaded the installer 3 times and the same thing still occurs. With an [U]earlier [/U]version download, there was one time that a screen appeared to say it was
corrupt and to download again but no problem with this latest version. At the very end of the installation when in the “finishing installing” process is when it seems to hesitate a little. Then when the screen to “Launch DVDFab and What’s new” options appears, if both are checked, the “What’s new” appears but DVDFab does not launch. If “What’s new” is unchecked, DVDFab still does not launch and when I double-click on the DVDFab icon, it also does not launch either.

After sending my last reply, I decided to try restarting my computer before downloading 8.0.7.3 for the fourth time. No problems at all and DVDFab launched just fine:clap: My problem is solved without having to clean uninstall, etc. Sorry, there is no problem with the latest version:o

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2572493]Did you use the guide or did you just go through the registry on your own ?
either way glad you fixed your issue :clap:[/QUOTE]
I used the guide. Even though I have done a clean uninstall seaveral times, it is useful to have a roadmap. I was unable to enter the Application Data Folder as mine appears to be a a shortcut folder. I have opened it in the past but now it resisted any attempts to see the files.

[QUOTE=Eidos;2572529]I used the guide. Even though I have done a clean uninstall seaveral times, it is useful to have a roadmap. [B]I was unable to enter the Application Data Folder as mine appears to be a a shortcut folder.[/B] I have opened it in the past but now it resisted any attempts to see the files.[/QUOTE]

That is strange I’ve never known it as being a shortcut :confused:
are you using Vista home premium ? if so you may need to be logged on as administrator with a log on password.

Thanks Miroku44444

cannot install this new version on Windows7 ultimate 64 bits computer. I tried to uninstall the old version and install this DvdFab 8.0.7.3 version, there is an error and the installation is stopped. However, when I reinstalled the old version DvdFab 8.0.7.2, it worked fine.