DVDFab 8.0.5 and 8.0.3 hangs at 50%

I am in the middle of a project to convert all my DVDs to AVI for my WD player and my protable player. This week, I had a problem with 3 movies, Jackel, Interpreter and Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the ring. I use the generic profile, avi, and on version 8.0.3 and 8.0.5 they hang at 50% and never goes an further. I have tried all the usual settings changes and nothing worked. I tried ver 7 and it worked fine.

For now, I’ll switch back to 7 when I need to, since I had issued with audio sync before 8. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, DVDFab is still the easiest and best program I have seen so far.

[QUOTE=Drum;2561295]I am in the middle of a project to convert all my DVDs to AVI for my WD player and my protable player. This week, I had a problem with 3 movies, Jackel, Interpreter and Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the ring. I use the generic profile, avi, and on version 8.0.3 and 8.0.5 they hang at 50% and never goes an further. I have tried all the usual settings changes and nothing worked. I tried ver 7 and it worked fine.

For now, I’ll switch back to 7 when I need to, since I had issued with audio sync before 8. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, DVDFab is still the easiest and best program I have seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is always a good idea to keep a copy of older versions specially the most stable ones, I myself still have a copy of stable versions of 4, 5, 6 and 7 on my system :bigsmile:

I don’t have anything before 6, but I think I will stay with 7 untill I have problem disks. 7 is 20 to 30% faster on the conversion to avi than 8 is from my experience, although 8 can be a little faster on copying to my hard drive.

I am converting my entire collection so I convert one at a time when I have time and do large batches at night and when I have things to do. It is pretty annoying when I wake up and it’s stuck on the first movie of the batch.

Also with 8 the conversion speed can be erratic, for example on the same movie it might run at 85 fps the first time and 15 fps the second. Usually restarting DVDFab fixes this, but you can’t do this in the middle of a batch while you are sleeping.

It’s also good to have a spare computer. I installed office 2010 last night and it ate the registry. :sad::a

[QUOTE=Drum;2561638]It’s also good to have a spare computer. I installed office 2010 last night and it ate the registry. :sad::a[/QUOTE]

What do you mean it ate the registry :confused:

Technically, the entries to the registry made by the Ofiice 2010 installer only affected office 2010 causing it to reinstall every time I tried to run any application, and not run properly. However, the recomended repairs, none of which worked, caused changes to the registry that affected almost everything on the computer including Windows.

One fo the problems the installer created that I could identify was all the registry entries didn’t have an owner or any permissions. This is about the third Microsoft application that has made incorrect registry entries on instalition. The others were 60 day versions of developer tools and I just uninstalled bacause I didn’t need them, I already had other software.

I would go back to a restore point, but for some reason system restore shut itself off every time I started it. I suspect I had a bad install, but apperantly people are having this problem with a clean “good” install of windows and Office 2010. Unfortunately Windows is so complex, it is hard to know if you get a good install.

I never had any problems like this with any other software, DVDFab installed perfect every time on.

[QUOTE=Drum;2561655]Technically, the entries to the registry made by the Ofiice 2010 installer only affected office 2010 causing it to reinstall every time I tried to run any application, and not run properly. However, the recomended repairs, none of which worked, caused changes to the registry that affected almost everything on the computer including Windows.

One fo the problems the installer created that I could identify was all the registry entries didn’t have an owner or any permissions. This is about the third Microsoft application that has made incorrect registry entries on instalition. The others were 60 day versions of developer tools and I just uninstalled bacause I didn’t need them, I already had other software.

I would go back to a restore point, but for some reason system restore shut itself off every time I started it. I suspect I had a bad install, but apperantly people are having this problem with a clean “good” install of windows and Office 2010. Unfortunately Windows is so complex, it is hard to know if you get a good install.

I never had any problems like this with any other software, DVDFab installed perfect every time on.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is that your having trouble with your operating system and office 2010 ? I doubt DVDFab has anything to do with this issue.

May I ask what OS your running ?

Windows 7 professional 32.

No, I don’t think DVDFab has anyhting to do with this problem, more likely it may have caused problems with DVDFab.