DVDFab 8.0.5.6 is out (December 5, 2010)

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.5.6 is out (December 5, 2010).

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB

What’s New:

DVD Copy:

• New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on another version of “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” (US).

Thanks SJ :flower:
Ant

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2561413]Thanks SJ :flower:
Ant[/QUOTE]

:wink:

After installing this update may want to check your registration.

Wow, 3 versions to fix Eclipse LOL

Thanks SJ. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Good Morning New York, Thanks SJ.:flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2561422]After installing this update may want to check your registration.[/QUOTE]

Why, isnt it excepting it??

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2561493]Why, isnt it excepting it??[/QUOTE]
OH,a wise guy! nyuk,nyuk,nyuk :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2561513]OH,a wise guy! nyuk,nyuk,nyuk :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yup, whoo whoo whoo…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2561422]After installing this update may want to check your registration.[/QUOTE]

First off Thanks go out to Fengtao for such a quick update :clap:

SJ I didn’t have any problems with my registration after doing the update :disagree:

Watched original of Eclipse yesterday, made back up about an hour ago today with new update of DVDFab (8056).
Didn’t have problems with license. Thanks, SJ.

[QUOTE=baggman;2561585]Watched original of Eclipse yesterday, made back up about an hour ago today with new update of DVDFab (8056).
[B]Didn’t have problems with license[/B]. Thanks, SJ.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the problem was my download of the installer :rolleyes: it seems it was 1 MB extra which should have triggered a corrupt file message but didn’t :confused:

and doing a normal uninstall didn’t work so had to use my guide which has never failed me :smiley:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2561417];)[/QUOTE]

Stormjumper,

I had DVDFab Platinum dvd to dvd with a 2 year license. I had approximately 5months left on the license. Last week I purchase the “All In One” program and also bought the “Lifetime” license for all the programs. The key they sent me did not upgrade the programs to the Lifetime licenses, but the manual copy and paste method that came with in the email they sent with the non working key worked fine.

You are correct in warning “Check your license” after installing DVDFab 8.0.5.6.

I installed it DVDFab 8.0.5.6 and it burned a custom burn of Twilight eclipse to a single layer dvd, but I had to use the title with the longest run time to get the whole movie in, not the title the program wanted to default to. This was mentioned in another post someone has put up. I just wanted to confirm that their message was correct, but I also want to mention that your message about the license is correct.

After manually pasting the new license they sent me, all programs show as “Never Expire” in the “About” section, but when I looked at the license number itself, in the (Enter Key Registration), it was the “old” license number I had for the 2 year license, not the Lifetime license number. To make things more confusing, I turned off the computer. Today, after booting up, I decided to check the license number. It was blank. Nothing there at all, yet the program in the “About” section shows everything is active and set to “Never Expire”. I just now looked at the section to Enter License number and it now says Dvdfab “8.0.5.6”. No license number listed there at all.

Some people might ask why I am even concerned with this since the program (is) working and in “About” all programs are listed as never expire.

My concern is that this just doesn’t seem correct and if something is not correct, who knows what will happen, or not happen, in 5 months when my old 2 year license would have expired.

Thanks,

NAH51

My results of backed-up discs, XP Pro SP3, 8.0.5.6 & Eclipse… [B]Full backup:[/B] Plays well. [B]Main title backup:[/B] Plays well (although subtitles are on by default :rolleyes: ). [B]Customize[/B], choose title 6, start at menu: It starts at menu, but when you hit play it only shows the FBI Warning then goes right back to the menu. [B]Customize[/B], choose title 6, start at movie: It’s forever Loading

Main title backup: Plays well (although subtitles are on by default )
I think that’s normal. I think it needs something in the menus to tell it not to play automatically. Since you got rid of the menus it cant do that. Just turn off the subtitles. Not all are like this, just some.

[QUOTE=NAH51;2561778]Stormjumper,

I had DVDFab Platinum dvd to dvd with a 2 year license. I had approximately 5months left on the license. Last week I purchase the “All In One” program and also bought the “Lifetime” license for all the programs. The key they sent me did not upgrade the programs to the Lifetime licenses, but the manual copy and paste method that came with in the email they sent with the non working key worked fine.

You are correct in warning “Check your license” after installing DVDFab 8.0.5.6.

I installed it DVDFab 8.0.5.6 and it burned a custom burn of Twilight eclipse to a single layer dvd, but I had to use the title with the longest run time to get the whole movie in, not the title the program wanted to default to. This was mentioned in another post someone has put up. I just wanted to confirm that their message was correct, but I also want to mention that your message about the license is correct.

After manually pasting the new license they sent me, all programs show as “Never Expire” in the “About” section, but when I looked at the license number itself, in the (Enter Key Registration), it was the “old” license number I had for the 2 year license, not the Lifetime license number. To make things more confusing, I turned off the computer. Today, after booting up, I decided to check the license number. It was blank. Nothing there at all, yet the program in the “About” section shows everything is active and set to “Never Expire”. I just now looked at the section to Enter License number and it now says Dvdfab “8.0.5.6”. No license number listed there at all.

Some people might ask why I am even concerned with this since the program (is) working and in “About” all programs are listed as never expire.

My concern is that this just doesn’t seem correct and if something is not correct, who knows what will happen, or not happen, in 5 months when my old 2 year license would have expired.

Thanks,

NAH51[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems that they have made alterations within the programming that effects the entries of the licensing of their products in the registry, however I think this type of issue is or will be limited to very few members/users depending on how they have their security setup for making system or registry changes.

If you are concerned you can do a clean uninstall using my guide which is below in my signature to correct your issue, even though it is working fine now there may or may not be complications during your next update.

Note after reinstalling the new lifetime reg key will need to be re-entered.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=Man In Black;2561811]My results of backed-up discs, XP Pro SP3, 8.0.5.6 & Eclipse… [B]Full backup:[/B] Plays well. [B]Main title backup:[/B] Plays well (although subtitles are on by default :rolleyes: ). [B]Customize[/B], choose title 6, start at menu: It starts at menu, but when you hit play it only shows the FBI Warning then goes right back to the menu. [B]Customize[/B], choose title 6, start at movie: It’s forever Loading[/QUOTE] You can go to settings and then to streams and select not to show subtitles by default, if I am reading this post correct

Thanks SJ!

Miroku44444: Three or four versions ago the subtitles did not display (on Main Movie) by default. I was hoping this feature would be restored. Jimbo: That setting simply keeps the subtitles from being included in the copy. I want them available… just not displayed by default.

I really just wanted to point out that Customize has a major problem with Eclipse. I was hoping to keep the menu (I think it looks cool, OK?) while cutting the Spanish audio (so the video wouldn’t have to compress as much). Subtitles displayed by default in main Movie mode is just an annoyance.