DVDFab 8.0.5.0 Issue

Im having a weird issue with DVDFab 8.0.5.0. I put a DVD in my drive, click on DVFab. It pops up the open dvd source box. The correct drive is listed as the source its opening. Everything’s fine at this point. Then I click on the info tab in the common setting. When i do it says no disc inserted, and the wrong drive letter. I have to use the drop down menu and select the right drive. It works but it should select the right drive automatically. I have a version 6 installed, and it only shows the correct drive the dvd’s in. It only has one drive in the drop down menu, and its the correct one. It works, i just have to do an extra step every time. Does this happen to anyone else? It aint because i have two versions of dvdfab installed is it?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559443]Im having a weird issue with DVDFab 8.0.5.0. I put a DVD in my drive, click on DVFab. It pops up the open dvd source box. The correct drive is listed as the source its opening. Everything’s fine at this point. Then I click on the info tab in the common setting. When i do it says no disc inserted, and the wrong drive letter. I have to use the drop down menu and select the right drive. It works but it should select the right drive automatically. I have a version 6 installed, and it only shows the correct drive the dvd’s in. It only has one drive in the drop down menu, and its the correct one. It works, i just have to do an extra step every time. Does this happen to anyone else? It aint because i have two versions of dvdfab installed is it?[/QUOTE]

I believe this is being checked into by Fengtao and his staff, however is there any particular reason why you have or need to use the info in common settings ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559447]I believe this is being checked into by Fengtao and his staff, however is there any particular reason why you have or need to use the info in common settings ?[/QUOTE]

I use it to check what kind of copy protection the disc has, to help me decide if i need to use Pathplayer or not. I can use info, just have to use the drop down menu to select the right drive. Glad to hear its being worked on.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2559448]I use it to check what kind of copy protection the disc has, to help me decide if i need to use Pathplayer or not. I can use info, just have to use the drop down menu to select the right drive. Glad to hear its being worked on.[/QUOTE]

you can’t really go by what you see in the info area to decide whether or not to use Pathplayer, Pathplayer should always be set to “Always Enabled” unless you are having an issue during a rip oops I should say the copy process mostly with older movie titles.

I am using 8.0.5.0 and have not had any of the problems listed in post #1 but then again I alway start DVD FAB before I put a disc in the drives