DVDFab 8.0.4.0 ( Nov 11 2010 )

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 is out (November 11, 2010).

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB
What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 (November 11, 2010)

• New: Updated language files.
  • New: Several minor changes and improvements.
  • New: Added “Blu-ray to DVD Converter” option.
  • “Blu-ray to DVD Converter” option converts Blu-ray titles to DVD which can be played on standalone DVD player.

Note:… Blu-ray to DVD Converter

The retail price for this product (1 year license) is US$40, less any promotional discounts that may be in effect, but it is included FREE if you purchase the All-In-One package before December 31, 2010.

It is also FREE for existing customers that have licenses that are equivalent to the All-In-One package. You must Register (click here) or login ( click here)to use the Members area on the DVDFab website (not the forum) to take advantage of this offer by downloading a new key. Do not wait until after the deadline to purchase, you will be disappointed.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks bean for the update :flower:

Bean is on the ball.;):iagree::bow:

Why not thank me. Didnt i post this first??? :confused: Why was my thread deleted? :a

Miroku was on the ball also.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2556351]Why not thank me. Didnt i post this first??? :confused: Why was my thread deleted? :a

Miroku was on the ball also.[/QUOTE]

I do thank you for posting it too however since bean posted it 1 hour before you did I made his a sticky and deleted your because no since in having it posted twice, it is a good idea to look at what has been posted prior to posting :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2556360]I do thank you for posting it too however since bean posted it 1 hour before you did I made his a sticky and deleted your because no since in having it posted twice, it is a good idea to look at what has been posted prior to posting :flower:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]
I looked and didnt see it. Might have slipped down the posting list because it wasn’t sticky-ed right away?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2556366]I looked and didnt see it. Might have slipped down the posting list because it wasn’t sticky-ed right away?[/QUOTE]

Probably what happened, no problem here.

Wake up SJ and Alan :bigsmile:

Lets get out of the " Who posted first Mode" here. It makes no difference as long as its posted, The Mods thank everyone for helping. Now lets chat about the program and the new additions they have made. Has anyone had any problems with the new Bluray to DVD Converter? I havent.:clap:

I could not find any new key for the BR to DVD v8.0.4.0 the get new key just says for v6 of DVDFab. :confused:

Well anyway wouldn’t this option just defeat the purpose of having a BR movie in the first
place as it would have to really, really, really, compress it a lot to fit it on a DVD and you
would loose a lot of the picture quality among other things but I’m just guessing here so
maybe I’m wrong. :eek: :confused:

great feature added as now you can convert Blu-ray to DVD and have a Blu-ray to play on the Blu-ray player and a DVD copy to give the kids to play on the DVD player. Nice that I get it for free since I have all modules for DVDFab already

[QUOTE=getit29;2556421]I could not find any new key for the BR to DVD v8.0.4.0 the get new key just says for v6 of DVDFab. :confused:

Well anyway wouldn’t this option just defeat the purpose of having a BR movie in the first
place as it would have to really, really, really, compress it a lot to fit it on a DVD and you
would loose a lot of the picture quality among other things but I’m just guessing here so
maybe I’m wrong. :eek: :confused:[/QUOTE]

The members center on the DVDFab website is being worked on and should be fixed within 24 to 48 hours please try later, you may want to re-read this http://club.myce.com/f116/pricing-sales-policies-new-products-317355/#post2556370 to make sure your doing what you need to do to get the key.

[B]SJ[/B]

maybe I’m wrong

Thats what the movie studios do for some DVD’s also, but it still looks ok. If the blu-ray is of high quality, and if the algorithms Bluray to DVD Converter uses are good it should look sweet. Think back how dvd shrink took a 7gb movie down to 4.64gb and how good it looked.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2556514]The members center on the DVDFab website is being worked on and should be fixed within 24 to 48 hours please try later, you may want to re-read this http://club.myce.com/f116/pricing-sales-policies-new-products-317355/#post2556370 to make sure your doing what you need to do to get the key.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Done exactly that SJ but still no joy on getting the new key. :sad: oh well maybe tomorrow it
will be working correctly. :iagree:

Yes that is very true but there is a lot of difference between compressing a 7GB movie to fit 4.64GB disc
and compressing a what is it 25GB to 50GB movie to fit the same 4.64GB disc. :eek:

I guess if it can be done then DVDFab is the one to do it with. :iagree:

Yes that is very true but there is a lot of difference between compressing a 7GB movie to fit 4.64GB disc
and compressing a what is it 25GB to 50GB movie to fit the same 4.64GB disc.

Yes, but your not reducing it form 50-25 GB to 4.64 in the same resolution of 1080P. Its being downgraded to 420P resolution. So that reduction will drastically reduce the file size. Look at when you take a PNG image file and convert it too jpeg. A 20 MB file can go down to just a couple or so mb. If saved at a high setting it will still look good. I think this same logic can be applied to Bluray to DVD Converter.

[QUOTE=getit29;2556523]Done exactly that SJ but still no joy on getting the new key. :sad: oh well maybe tomorrow it
will be working correctly. :iagree: [/QUOTE]

Download and install v8.0.4.0 first. Then follow the click here link(s) in the post. You should see Blu-ray to DVD on the list if you qualify. Download your new key from the Members area on the DVDFab website and register the new key on your PC. Use “?”->About to make sure everything registered OK.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2556530]Yes, but your not reducing it form 50-25 GB to 4.64 in the same resolution of 1080P. Its being downgraded to 420P resolution. So that reduction will drastically reduce the file size. Look at when you take a PNG image file and convert it too jpeg. A 20 MB file can go down to just a couple or so mb. If saved at a high setting it will still look good. I think this same logic can be applied to Bluray to DVD Converter.[/QUOTE]

You are correct I wasn’t thinking in those terms but it makes perfectly reasonable
sense to me now 1080P down to 420P would reduce the file size immensely :bigsmile:

"It is also FREE for existing customers that have licenses that are equivalent to the All-In-One package. "

I have a full lifetime license for DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, Blu-Ray Copy, Blu-Ray Ripper, Video Converter & File Transfer. No All in one was available at the time I bought them and I cannot see the option for a FREE license. I have redownloaded my key but it still says trial and to fork out another $60 odd dollers for another lifetime license is a bit much for loyal customers.

[QUOTE=WeeHappyPixie;2556581]"It is also FREE for existing customers that have licenses that are equivalent to the All-In-One package. "

I have a full lifetime license for DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, Blu-Ray Copy, Blu-Ray Ripper, Video Converter & File Transfer. No All in one was available at the time I bought them and I cannot see the option for a FREE license. I have redownloaded my key but it still says trial and to fork out another $60 odd dollers for another lifetime license is a bit much for loyal customers.[/QUOTE]

Did you log in to the members center at DVDFab.com? it should be on your list in the user center (Members). If you purchased the other options with a different email address, they will need to be consolidated. All of the options have to be on the list for BD->DVD to show up.

Hi All,

Got an email from support. They had a fault with the website. If you now login and are entitled to the free addon it will show up in your list.

All sorted now.

John

Thanks WeeHappyPixie

Mine came up trial user earlier and I was hoping there was a problem to be fixed somewhere.