DVDFab 8.0.2.2 (October 1,2010) is out!

I agree the terminology should be changed, but using the term upgrade makes you think of a payment coming along with it. :frowning:

Updates sound like Microsoft and that can leave a bad taste to some, and they may want to sue you for the term usage :bigsmile:

So I can’t think of anything else at the moment to call it, do you have some other suggestions?

I’d say this forum would be a good place to brainstorm. Maybe appropriate terms we’d never consider just lurking “out there”.

Having said that, I’d use “update” not “upgrade” for 99% of these fixes.

Beta for when we do a new numbered version only. When it is a true beta.

I’m not sure final or released or whatever the term being used now is, not sure that works either. Stable isn’t the right word either. I say put it “out there” and see what suggestions are made.

The terms should help sell DVD Fab. The way it is updated is of value.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2548345]Final releases aren’t “final” releases which makes the betas not “betas”.

The terms don’t work with DVD Fab. The terms used to describe the software are square holes and the software is a round peg. They don’t fit together.

The terms used need to be changed to something that reflects the actual software. IF its a true beta like the first release of a new numbered version, ok, that’s a beta. When what is being released is an update to decryption algorithms, that’s an update, not a beta.

I’ve been around for some time. Nothing about a final release is final. And that is not a bad thing. The problem is not the software but the terms being used to tell us what to expect.

For a “beta”, I expect beta issues, try at your own risk, be ready to report bugs.

For a “final” release, I expect it to be a final release. Stable, mostly finished, may need an update once and awhile but what you see is what you get. You get used to how it works, you tackle the learning curve, you learn the ins and outs of the software as it is because what it is, it is going to be.

For an “update” I expect rarely to periodically see some fixes/tweaks to a few things, address security issues, maybe some cosmetics, a copy protection scheme, etc., but in general the core is left unchanged.

Those terms, except when a brand new next higher number version is in development, do not reflect how DVD Fab presents itself to the world.

The terms and the software need to dance the same dance.

As it is betas are not betas and final releases are not final releases. The current terms are outdated for how DVD Fab’s software is developed.[/QUOTE]

jsmiddleton4

Are you really concerned on what or how DVDFab updates are called :confused: I mean come on now do you realize how often people in this world use the wrong terminology in everyday life :rolleyes:

When someone you see or hear that uses a wrong term do you actually go out of your way to tell them hey your using the wrong terminology on what you are saying or calling that ? I’ll tell you what if you are that bored and wish to pursue this conversation( :eek: sorry should I have said discussion) you should do so in this thread here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvd-fab-products-discussion-thread-210538/ because you are taking this thread way off topic and the one I have pointed to has no topic.

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Gee, only took you a couple of post to make it about me and something is amiss with me.

Glad to see the standard operating procedures are still in place around here.

Please feel free to call DVD Fab releases anything you wish.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2548366]Gee, only took you a couple of post to make it about me and something is amiss with me.

Please feel free to call DVD Fab releases anything you wish.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem my friend just trying to keep threads on track, as I stated above the thread I pointed to has no set topic and is for all members to get to know one another and talk about any topic within reason if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

Thank you for understanding :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2548366]Gee, only took you a couple of post to make it about me and something is amiss with me.

Please feel free to call DVD Fab releases anything you wish.[/QUOTE]

Sigh… is it really so difficult to be polite. :rolleyes:

In any case the important thing is that Fengtao releases these betas, not what they’re called.

A large number of software developers have private beta teams and only release full versions when they’re ready, so I for one am thankful that we’re getting these updates at all.

[B]Wombler[/B]

To avoid this thread from going off topic any further I am closing it, if any of you have problems or issues please start a thread so you can receive help you need thank you.

[B]SJ[/B]