DVDFab 7.0.8.5 Beta (July 23, 2010)

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 7.0.8.5 Beta is out (July 23, 2010):

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

What’s New:

New: Updated language files.

DVD to DVD:
New: In “Clone” mode, removes characters not allowed by the file system from volume name to help programs, which use the volume name as a file path, e.g. bookmark files of Zoom player.

Blu-ray to Blu-ray:
New: In “Clone” mode, removes characters not allowed by the file system from volume name.
New: In “Clone” mode, patches UDF file system to allocate more space for jar files when decryption on certain discs, like “The Lovely Bones”.
New: Rewritten Blu-ray scanning code to improved speed up to 500%.
Fix: A freeze problem when scanning in certain cases.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks SJ. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[B]Thank You[/B].One step closer to a roll over in numbers

Kimberley
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any more insight on the two disk/two instances burning issue?

Thanks SJ :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2533682]Any more insight on the two disk/two instances burning issue?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully someone will step in and answer your question, I myself do multiple instances.

Sorry Can’t help here :disagree:

I have never done 2 at a time :disagree:

Two disk ripping worked fine until .2. Will try it with new beta. Used to be simple as pie. Pop a disk in each drive, DVD Fab opens, scans relevant disk, etc., as appropriate.

Did not work with .2 release.

Thanks SJ…

Seems to be working fine with .5 beta.

Spoke to soon. Something still not right. When one instance of DVD Fab finishes ripping disk and ejects disk, that instance of DVD Fab then goes to the still ripping disk/drive and starts to scan it and wants to rip the second disk that is already and currently ripping.

Previous versions of DVD Fab did not do this. Previously each instance was locked on to or focused on the drive so when finished DVD Fab did not then go and try to read the 2nd disk.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2533709]Spoke to soon. Something still not right. When one instance of DVD Fab finishes ripping disk and ejects disk, that instance of DVD Fab then goes to the still ripping disk/drive and starts to scan it and wants to rip the second disk that is already and currently ripping.

Previous versions of DVD Fab did not do this. Previously each instance was locked on to or focused on the drive so when finished DVD Fab did not then go and try to read the 2nd disk.[/QUOTE]

I have reported your issue to Fengtao and I’m sure it will be fixed please be patient while he looks into this problem.

[B]SJ[/B]

Who is being impatient?

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2533713]Who is being impatient?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t mean any thing by that it was only a figure of speech, so if you took it wrong I apologize :flower:

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2533682]Any more insight on the two disk/two instances burning issue?[/QUOTE]

I had never tried multiple instances until last night after reading this thread it ripped
2 movies to the hdd and worked without a hitch for me I’m using version 7.0.7.0 :iagree:

Thanks SJ! Appreciate the hard teamwork that goes into them!:cool:

“I’m using version 7.0.7.0”

Yes. It worked simply and as one would expect prior to the last two versions for me as well.

I still have last release of version 6 installed on one pc. When using it multiple instances work as expected also.

While it is probably not exactly accurate description the versions that work seem to focus on the drive being used not if there is disk in any drive. The software only concerns itself with a particular drive and when that disk is done, the software doesn’t look elsewhere. When putting disk in each drive, each drive launches a version of DVD Fab that focuses on that particular drive.

Last two versions when putting in a disk DVD Fab launches. But it doesn’t seem to know what drive it is suppose to be looking at.

Its not a big deal. Just that it used to work, now it doesn’t. And I’m sure it will be investigated and addressed in due time.

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone having any problems with Clash of the Titans or Repomen? I wont be able to purchase my copies until later in the week, too busy with work. I know I am jumping the gun early on this one but was just wondering for the people who get them earlier. I like to be prepared.:bigsmile:

Thanks,

Ray

No problems here, worked fine with 7.0.7.7 and newer 7.0.8.5

Thanks bean55!:bow:
If you dont mind me asking but what part of the country are you from?

Ray