vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 7.0.5.3 Beta is out (May 7, 2010):

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA

What’s New:

DVDFab 7.0.5.3 Beta (May 7, 2010)

New: Updated language files.

DVD to DVD:
New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on “Leap Year” (US).

Blu-ray to Blu-ray:
New: Improved output bitrate control, “Full Disc” BD25 output should be safe to burn now.
Fix: A crash problem when copying Blu-ray in certain cases.
Fix: The display quality of BD50 output is set to 100% always now.
Note: “Full Disc” BD25 is very stable now, please try this version to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks for the update :flower:

Thanks for the update :clap:

I’m glad you said Leap Year (U.S.) cause I had no problem with it but i’m also in [B]Canada[/B] and now know that some [B]Canadian[/B] use of backups are easy where [B]U.S.[/B] can’t and then other backups where [B]Canada[/B]
can’t do but [B]U.S.[/B] can do with no problem

[B]Thanks for the Update[/B]

Kimberley

Kimberley_1987 ,

Just completed Leap Year with Dvd Fab 7.0.5.3 Beta :bow:with no problems!

Thanks,

Ray:cool:

Fengtao,

You truly are the best at what you do my friend!:slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Ray

A quick question here…I’ve been fooling with this new Beta and I can’t do any blu rays that I have saved on my hard drive…I previously decrypted a few blu rays I had and let them sit on one of my hard drives…When I try to use these folders now and compress them DVDFab crashes…but I can compress a blu ray that I insert in my blu ray drive…Am I doing something wrong?? In summary, blu ray compression works from a blu ray drive but not from a folder saved on the hard disc…Seems strange to me…

[QUOTE=lebb;2516596]A quick question here…I’ve been fooling with this new Beta and I can’t do any blu rays that I have saved on my hard drive…I previously decrypted a few blu rays I had and let them sit on one of my hard drives…When I try to use these folders now and compress them DVDFab crashes…but I can compress a blu ray that I insert in my blu ray drive…Am I doing something wrong?? In summary, blu ray compression works from a blu ray drive but not from a folder saved on the hard disc…Seems strange to me…[/QUOTE]

Are you able to use the DVDFab version that was used for the original rip to the hard drive ?

I don’t understand what you mean by the original version of dvdfab…Do you mean that the blu rays I ripped may not work with this new version??? These are blu rays that were bd50 and I did the movie only- but I kept a few of them on one of my hard drives so I could see if the compression feature would work when it was ready…So they are decrypted blu rays but it seems that the new dvdfab beta analyzes them quickly and then crashes…I was trying to save time by keeping them on my hard drive. Shouldn’t the new beta work with folders saved on a hard drive??? I know that the dvd part of dvdfab works fine with folders saved on my hard drive…I’m just wondering if my setings are wrong or there is still a bug or two??? Any help or advoce would be greatly appreciated…

There is some type of problem with trying to do a blu ray backup from a folder on your hard drive…I have the movie BoondockSaints 2 and I was able to back it up from the actual blu ray with compression…I then decrypted the same movie to my hard drive and tried to back up the whole movie with compression and it fails…The program analyzes the files for a minute or so and then crashes…I’ve tried to send the the error report from the form I get after every crash and it gets bounced back to my email…Why does it crash and why doesn’t the error report go thru??? Any help??? I can say I’m frustrated but then I know all those on this forum will mark me as a PIMA…I want this program to work but it is getting to me now…

Have just done Avatar 50GB disc to 25GB disc keeping HD audio and for some reason when it built ISO with IMGBurn the image was 43GB and did not have the DVD-Fab logo encoded into the video like the trial should have so i looked in the DVD-Fab folder and sure enough there was a Avatar folder with all the files in and 23GB in size so i burned with IMGBurn to 25GB BD-RE and it worked 100% on my BD Player :slight_smile: im so happy with this software i have just bought it with lifetime upgrades :iagree:

Only problem was for some reason when it come to making the ISO after encode it ISO’d the Original 43GB files instead of the 23GB re-encoded files… but im sure this will be fixed in a future update.

Thanks to all involved in this Great software :clap: keep up the great work :smiley:

Having a problem selecting chapters greater than chapter 16 on my Avatar BD25 encode… its fulnny because before buying this software i tried Avatar with 7.0.5.3 and tried all the chapters etc and it worked 100% in my BD player but now i bought the software and ran Avatar through again so not to have the DVD-Fab logo encoded in, i burned to BD-R 25GB and put in my player… it plays great but if i use chapter selection to select 17 or higher all i get is black screen with the audio :sad:

Hope this can be fixed soon but does not explain why the same disc worked 100% in trial mode :rolleyes: