DVDFab 7.0.2.1 Beta is out

vbimport

DVDFab 7.0.2.1 Beta is out
Dear all,

DVDFab 7.0.2.1 Beta is out (March 16, 2010):

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab7021Beta.exe

To report problem of this version, please start your own thread at specific sub-forum, with prefix 7021 in title, thanks.

What’s New:

DVDFab 7.0.2.1 Beta (March 16, 2010)

DVD to DVD:
Fix: Unintended deletion of files and folders when “Create files in subfolders of output directory” is unchecked, which was introduced in v7020.

DVDFab 7.0.2.0 Beta (March 15, 2010)

New: Language files.

Blu-ray to Blu-ray:
Fix: Black screen problem when playing Blu-ray backup on standalone player.

Blu-ray to Mobile:
Fix: A crash problem at end of conversion when there is idx/sub subpicture output, in certain cases.
Fix: Left and central channel is exchanged for PS3 (AAC 5.1) output.

File to Mobile:
Fix: 1080p output is back.

This version is stable and safe for everyone, please try it to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thank you Alan :flower:

Hi. I can’t get this or the newest Passkey to work on my 2 builds. Tried all the suggestions on Fab’s Forum, and even posted there as well emailed Fab. Many others having same issue. Both the new Fab 7 and Passkey just won’t open my disc. Errors out in Passkey w/the wave error sound and in Fab 7 it just doesn’t do anything but say disc not opened.

I’m running 7 x64 Home Premium on both builds. Funny DVDFab 6 latest stable version works fine. Any tips please post. always appreciated. I want to get this rolling, especially Passkey. Either that or I’ll have to wait for a fix/stable version.

Idk why they keep posting this version is stable? Thnx.

[QUOTE=dr_ml422;2501738]the new Fab 7 … just won’t open my disc. … it just doesn’t do anything but say disc not opened.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed! On my Win7 Ultimate 32-bit box, ALL the Betas after 6.2.1.8 Final display “Disc is not opened.” after the open dvd source progress bar finishes, so its basically useless.

Directory “%UserProfile%\Documents\DVDFab\Temp” doesn’t get created automatically either.

I have no idea why new beta’s have come out saying stable new version please try? Fix this issue 1st then come out w/the next beta. I always wanted them to totally separate all these options also. Just makes getting things right more complicated. I still would of bought a only DVD version, and later if I wanted to a separate Blu-ray version etc…

I’m hopping on the Passkey asa they get this straight. Though again I would of preferred a DVD only Passkey. Right now the Bd-r blanks are even more useless so ripping Blu-ray actually doesn’t make sense.

They’ve come down so much also that if you’re just getting what you really want it’s just better to go get it.

I sent them another email. Lets see. :iagree:

Try resetting the default settings to see if that fixes the problem as that all I can think of as I have no problems with the latest betas

I never touched the settings to begin with. You seen all the posts on Fab’s Forum. It’s some bug. I’ve wasted too much time on this already. I uninstalled it and using Fab 6 latest stable. To put 7 Beta back and leaving 6 in there would just have me spinning my wheels again.

The only thing I would touch in settings is write output size and read/ignore/retry settings. Maybe the read ahead cache too as suggested for some discs.

It can’t be a Windows Update issue either as all my other apps. are working. I thought maybe some conflict w/copytodvd as it uses the Patin Couiffin driver as does 1Click, but I removed copytodvd and just left 1click and no dice. Anything I try has been tried. The other member even installed it on a new install w/no proggies and useless as well.

Still no reply from Fab’s Forum. I’ll check my other email for Fab’s support.

[QUOTE=AGJ;2501839]Try resetting the default settings to see if that fixes the problem as that all I can think of as I have no problems with the latest betas[/QUOTE]

I too have no issues with version 7 :confused:

Hey SJ Hows it going?

Did you have 5,6 and 7 all three loaded ?
Or does 7 overwrite 6 now, just getting back into things and was wondering.

7 installs in it’s own folder Eugene

Thanks Jimbo

Did not want to get rid of my other fine tuned stuff :bigsmile:

I hear ya

[QUOTE=bean55;2501857]Hey SJ Hows it going?

Did you have 5,6 and 7 all three loaded ?
Or does 7 overwrite 6 now, just getting back into things and was wondering.[/QUOTE]

I did have v5 and v6 on my systems but when v7 came out I uninstalled v5 and installed v7so now I have v6 and v7 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2501866]I did have v5 and v6 on my systems but when v7 came out I uninstalled v5 and installed v7so now I have v6 and v7 :)[/QUOTE] Ditto but haven’t tried 7 yet

5 has worked and is still working so good for me I hate to get rid of it.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2501868]Ditto but haven’t tried 7 yet[/QUOTE]

I have tested and use DVDFab now and then so I can still give some help to members/users, however it is no longer my main program I use :cool:

7 is great for me, it does everything it says and more, I really it. Since I have Fab Platnium 7 I really dont use Passkey that much, but I would never have them open at the same time.

I like Fab myself and have become so use to it so really no need to start/buying another proggie. I am frustrated I can’t join the new Beta 7 and Passkey party.

That’s computers for you though, and exactly what makes them so interesting. Never a dull moment.

They’re working on this though. Support got back to me. Wanted a lil more detail but I really couldn’t as there was no real log either. Other than Failed to open Disc on both new Betas.

Is it just me, or does this version just not function at all for full disc or main movie backup? It brings up the normal blue dialog and scans the various discs tried , but does not ever show any tracks. The same discs are fine under 7.0.1.2.

“Blu-ray to Blu-ray:
Fix: Black screen problem when playing Blu-ray backup on standalone player.”

HA!! This was my problem!

Will give this version a shot.