DVDFab 7.0.1.2 Beta is out

vbimport

DVDFab 7.0.1.2 Beta is out
Dear all,

After several months of hard working, we are proud to announce the new version DVDFab 7.

DVDFab 7.0.1.2 Beta is out (March 5, 2010):

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab7012Beta.exe

To report problem of this version, please start your own thread at specific sub-forum, with prefix 7012 in title, thanks.

What’s New:

DVDFab 7.0.1.2 Beta (March 5, 2010)
New: Language files.
Fix: Several known problems in 7010.

DVDFab 7.0.1.0 Beta (March 3, 2010)
New: Added full BD+ support.
New: Added new “Blu-ray to Mobile” option. Note: We suggest to use MKV file as output format, and use WD TV Live as player, it’s a perfect match for Blu-ray backup.
New: Added chapter support for “Blu-ray to Blu-ray” and “Blu-ray to Mobile”.
New: Added our own CUDA H.264 encoder. Note: If the video card is really high end, we recommend to enable both CUDA decoder and encoder for max speed.
If the video card is not, we suggest to use CUDA encoder for BD25 output, and use CUDA decoder for BD5 and BD9 output.
New: Main window is resizable now, and more readable on large screen.
Fix: Lots of small bugs from V6.

This version is stable and safe for everyone, please try it to see the result.

Best Regards,

Great stuff, please try it and post your results.

Tried. None of my findings (see my message in 7.0.1.0 thread) were fixed. Hopefully in next beta… :frowning:

[QUOTE=IPopov50;2499171]Tried. None of my findings (see my message in 7.0.1.0 thread) were fixed. Hopefully in next beta… :([/QUOTE]
I am sure there will be many more betas before a release version. So please discuss the problems and the developers will read them here. Thankyou again for your input.

Hey E’body, is it just me or is dfab slowly creepin’ away from standard b/up’s to blueray ? …jim

[QUOTE=bandog101;2499776]Hey E’body, is it just me or is dfab slowly creepin’ away from standard b/up’s to blueray ? …jim[/QUOTE]

The program will eventually do both kinds of discs, and do them very well at that. The nice part is that if you do not want the Bluray option you do not have to buy it. But you can try it for free.

I to was wondering about that as well.Is DVDFab one day down the road be for Blu-Ray only? I have the bought version of no expire but every back up is standard and never tired Blu-Ray.I don’t own a Blu-Ray player so no point in doing back up for Blu-Ray.Will it come down to one day only Blu-Ray and Standard is no more or will Standard be here for years to come.I guess this is more of a question then a reply.
Kimberley

[QUOTE=Kimberley_1987;2499849]I to was wondering about that as well.Is DVDFab one day down the road be for Blu-Ray only? I have the bought version of no expire but every back up is standard and never tired Blu-Ray.I don’t own a Blu-Ray player so no point in doing back up for Blu-Ray.Will it come down to one day only Blu-Ray and Standard is no more or will Standard be here for years to come.I guess this is more of a question then a reply.
Kimberley[/QUOTE]

I can’t see any reason why they would choose remove the DVD functionality from the program although obviously DVD and even Blu-ray will eventually become redundant.

As to how long that takes though is anyone’s guess.

As a format though DVD is here to stay for a while yet. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’m VERY happy with the new release. :bow: Bluray to mobile is what I’ve been using the software for over the past year or so (using bluray to bluray but instead specifying an output folder rather than a BD-R), but its been a pain because first I’d rip it using DVDFab, then I’d still have to convert the audio to something useful for my WD TV.

Offering BD-9 fixed most of my troubles, but it still wasn’t truly a one-step process, especially since most Blu-rays have very low audio volumes so even after I remuxed it, it was barely playable.

Bluray to mobile is perfect! My only complaint is that since I was never going from bluray to bluray, I pretty much paid $80 for a lesser version of bluray to mobile. It stinks that I’ll have to pay again to get what I wanted in the first place. Adding a volume slider to bluray to bluray would help though…

It sounds like I’m complaining, but I’m really not. Version 7 is a huge improvement, and it is now the full package- one stop shopping for blurays, dvds, and mobile files. I paid the “early adopter” premium, but that’s nobodys fault but my own!

Thanks for this release.

It works very well.

But 1080i is not supported. I can’t compress 1080i to BD9 or BD5.

Please work on it and it will be the ultimate program!!!

Wow, this is very cool. How’s the subtitle support when converting blu-ray to mobile? Will it embed bitmapped subtitles?

I’ve played with it a bit, and just “wow!” This is cool stuff. :slight_smile:
The only bug I’ve found so far is that the encoder thinks I wanna do two-pass encoding from time to time even if only one-pass has been selected (blu-ray to mobile).

[QUOTE=clovershield;2500348]Thanks for this release.

It works very well.

But 1080i is not supported. I can’t compress 1080i to BD9 or BD5.

Please work on it and it will be the ultimate program!!![/QUOTE]

1080i on a Bluray disc??

I’d like to see that!

Testing now BD50 to Movie only BD25

Will report back when done, about an hour :wink:

Yo-

The Beta Version 7.0.1.2 is working without a hitch.

Thanks to all at DVDFab-eh!!

[QUOTE=chef;2500577]1080i on a Bluray disc??

I’d like to see that![/QUOTE]

Cold Prey 1 and 2 are 1080i.

Mini serie XIII (by Duane Clark, with Val Kilmer) is also 1080i.

DVDfab 6225 and 7012 are unable to compress them to BD9 or BD5

Convert and burn finished without a hitch but the resulting Blu-ray won’t play on my PS3 though it plays on the computer with VLC and PowerDVD.

Is there any setting I or something i might have wrong??

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2500613]Testing now BD50 to Movie only BD25

Will report back when done, about an hour ;)[/QUOTE]

The men who stare at goats blu ray ( UK version )
is also 1080i.
Hopefully Dvdfab will soon support this.:frowning:

[QUOTE=simontink;2512611]The men who stare at goats blu ray ( UK version )
is also 1080i.
Hopefully Dvdfab will soon support this.:([/QUOTE]

Not sure why you posted in this thread unless your still using the outdated v7012, in which case you may want to try v7040-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-7-0-4-0-out-april-15-2010-a-311023/ :smiley: