DVDFab 7.0.1.0 Beta is out

vbimport

DVDFab 7.0.1.0 Beta is out Dear all,

After several months of hard working, we are proud to announce the first beta version of DVDFab 7.

DVDFab 7.0.1.0 Beta is out (March 3, 2010):

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab7010Beta.exe

Please post feedback for this version only in this thread, thanks.

What’s New:

New: Added full BD+ support.
New: Added new “Blu-ray to Mobile” option. Note: We suggest to use MKV file as output format, and use WD TV Live as player, it’s a perfect match for Blu-ray backup.
New: Added chapter support for “Blu-ray to Blu-ray” and “Blu-ray to Mobile”.
New: Added our own CUDA H.264 encoder. Note: If the video card is really high end, we recommend to enable both CUDA decoder and encoder for max speed.
If the video card is not, we suggest to use CUDA encoder for BD25 output, and use CUDA decoder for BD5 and BD9 output.
New: Main window is resizable now, and more readable on large screen.
Fix: Lots of small bugs from V6.

This version is stable and safe for everyone, please try it to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

This will install in a separate folder so you can still have your V6 and V7 on the same machine. Remember this is just a [B]beta[/B] so please report your findings and let us know. Thanks. Enjoy.:smiley:

To Alan1476
Hi I just found this new version V7 I believe that it will be great as is all the others
Thanks
I will try asap
ntm

[QUOTE=Ned T Madingjer;2498583]To Alan1476
Hi I just found this new version V7 I believe that it will be great as is all the others
Thanks
I will try asap
ntm[/QUOTE]
I think so also Ned. But its a beta and their might be some bugs, so please report them so we can get them looked at.

A quick question here- Does this new beta 7 support BD compression for the full disc yet??? I know that is something that was originally promised…

I just installed version 7, and noticed that the folder button for the source drive is missing. The one for the target drive is there, but not the source.

As always, a lengthy delay between releases = something big
You guys never disappoint, Nice work.

Quick question though, are we going to have to pay more for the bd > mobile option?

[QUOTE=K1LL3M;2498669]Quick question though, are we going to have to pay more for the bd > mobile option?[/QUOTE]

I gather that hasn’t been determined yet.

It can be used as a trial in the meantime though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Does the new beta version fix the issue mentioned in the “Mobile Option” forum? Audio getting out of sync with the video on conversion from a DVD, either direct or from the rip to a hard drive, to a WMV file. When ripped, the movie on the HD is fine and plays great. It’s on the conversion to WMV that it “slips” or gets out of sync. The audio starts out sync’d just fine but about 3/4 of the way begins to slip or get out of sync so the lips are moving for a brief time before the audio is heard. I have verified this issue with versions 4.1.2.0, 5.1.1.0, 5.2.2.2 6.1.1.0 and 6.1.2.5. Tried it in [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important][FONT=arial]Vista[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Win7. Changed the frame rate 3 times. Same story. Not all movies. I didn’t notice it until watching “What Women Want” and found the same issue with others. This question has gone unanswered on the “Mobile Option” forum and was curious if it has been addressed with the new version. Thanks.

Hi, I have a question:

Does DVDFAB 7 support 1080i ?

I had some problems on version 6220. 1080i movies couldn’t be compressed whereas 1080p could be compress to bd25, bd9 or bd5.

Thank you

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2498647]I just installed version 7, and noticed that the folder button for the source drive is missing. The one for the target drive is there, but not the source.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this to I guess its a bug that will have to be fixed in the next beta.

I think, there might be a few more betas before this is released. I like it alot though.

Glad to see a new beta and continued development. Continue to have same criticism and that is we go from beta to beta to beta and no “final” and stable release of the current product line.

I do not understand why a little effort can not be invested in creating a stable/final release of version 6 before we go on to another beta bug wrestling match.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2499059]Glad to see a new beta and continued development. Continue to have same criticism and that is we go from beta to beta to beta and no “final” and stable release of the current product line.

I do not understand why a little effort can not be invested in creating a stable/final release of version 6 before we go on to another beta bug wrestling match.[/QUOTE]Try this one :wink:

DVDFab 7.0.1.2 Beta is out (March 5, 2010):

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab7012Beta.exe

Always glad to try beta’s. Not sure how that answers my criticism however.

I was just posting a new beta for you to try is all

Thanks and again I do appreciate beta releases and the non-stop development of DVD Fab. It is not unrealistic nor unreasonable to ask for a stable, “final” if you will, version of the current release. We are in perpetual beta land…

I just posted a new beta 7.0.1.2.:flower:

After two days of testing (mostly due to the slow speeds), I would like to offer my report on findings.
My system:
Motherboard: Asus P5Q3; CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8500@3.16GHz;
RAM: Kingston DDR3 1333 6 Gig; Video: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX295
All drivers are current.
Optical Drives:
ATAPI BD O DH401S
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L

I tested two movies, both BD (sorry, I’m not interested in DVDs anymore. Besides, I think DVDFab 6 have reach a perfection in DVD processing, and there’s not much to improve). One tested movie is from older release: Independence Day, and another - from recent release : Push.
Coincidentally, this test happened at the same time when I upgraded my videocard (from GTX250 to GTX295).

First of all CUDA issue:
Despite the fact that GTX295 is waaaay more powerful, and considered as “top of the line”, I haven’t notice much of a improvement in processing speed:
Push:
DVDFab 6, BluRay to BluRay mode, GTX250 card - processing time 3:06:17
DVDFab 6, BluRay to BluRay mode, GTX295 card - processing time 2:53:24
DVDFab 7, BluRay to BluRay mode, GTX250 card - processing time 3:23:06
DVDFab 7, BluRay to BluRay mode, GTX295 card - processing time 2:58:14
Pretty much same picture with Independence Day. It appears that DVDFab 7 doesn’t employed all resources of available GPU(s). According to manufacturer’s description, GTX295 have “multiple GPU”. I don’t know what that means, but looks like not all of “multiple GPU” are engaged. Maybe this is similar situation, when first multicore CPUs were came out, not all software was able to “see” them and engage into process. I think this issue worth to look into by developers.

Secong - BluRay to BluRay mode (Sttings for Writable Media (DVD-9) Size is 8103 (DVD-R DL):
Output file (folder) size is too big for writing on DVD DL. Independence Day end up being 8.02 Gig, and both ImgBurn and DVDFab VSO burning engines refused to write it on my Verbatim DVD+DL ( 128 Mb too big ).
I end up using DVDFab 6 without any problems - output size was 7.68 Gig.
Also, despite the setting to automatically remove HD audio, I have to check this box again on main UI window.

Third - BluRay to Mobile. This is long waiting feature for me, because I backing up all my movies using BDtoBD option, but actually watching them off the WD TV player/external HDD. MKV container is my favorite. The only flaw I could see right away was resolution settings. With source resolution 1920:1080 DVDFab (with autocrop setting) offers 1920:816 as first preference. Sure enough, after encoding - stretched picture and wide smiles on character’s faces :slight_smile: I think source resolution should be a default for output, and anybody could change it when needed. Same thing happening in both MKV.h264 and MKV.remux options.

So far, these are all bad news I have. Thank you for your great work - you are in right direction.

Oh, by the way, what’s up with the DVDFab.com Logo on output video in BluRay to Mobile mode. I understand it’s trial and all that, but it make video useless, and all encodings only for test purposes.

There is a new beta just released less than anhour ago, please try it, many of these things have been fixed, thanks for your input.

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab7012Beta.exe