Dvdfab 6 Resolutions

Is there anyway I can change the resolution to something higher then what is given or pick my own resolutions…most dvds are 800x300 or 640X480…how can I make it like 1024x800 or higher?

No point really - no additional information there to make the extra dots - so just making the file bigger without adding anything to it.
look in the other threads - there is a size line in the profile that controls the offered sizes (to some extent)
jen

I play movies in my computer using vlan vlc software with a config that always resizes the screen at the file resolution.
But when I play a vob file, it is always bigger than the file (xvid avi) obtained with DVDfab.

Why is that?

Because you should choose the same resolution as the original DVD. Usually 720 x XXX depending on the aspect ratio.

Oh, ok… but how do I do that???

[QUOTE=munu;2425386]Oh, ok… but how do I do that???[/QUOTE]

Once you have your title that you want to encode selected, click on the “Conversion Settings” button on the rihght hand bottom of the Fab window. You can also use the “Advanced” option to fine tune things.

Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2425405]Once you have your title that you want to encode selected, click on the “Conversion Settings” button on the rihght hand bottom of the Fab window. You can also use the “Advanced” option to fine tune things.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

but why is it - given that all dvds are 720 x something, that sometimes there are other weird choices of between 700 & 800. why offer anything larger than the source resultion anyway, since as you said previously it is pointless ?

some competitors have a tick box that basically says keep the original screen resolution & don’t mess with it. I wish DVDfab had such an option.

look e.g. at the attachement - NB they are all wrong as the correct aspect is 1.7777 ( =16:9)
I cannot convert this with a correct looking aspect ratio unless I use a competitor program.