DVDfab 6 HD Decrypter

I installed and used DVDfab 6 for 30 days. Today it expired, but the HD Decrypter function states that it never expires.

When I try to use it, the program ‘Opens’ the DVD in the DVD drive and does everything it used to do up to the point where you click Start.

Nothing happens. It doesn’t try to read the DVD, it doesn’t copy the DVD files to the hard drive address I’ve put in the Target space. It doesn’t do anything. Doesn’t tell me why or what is wrong.

I did an uninstall (which is a “remove”) and then installed it again.

Nothing changed.

Can anyone help me?

I’m going to move you to the DVDFab forum secretcodebreaker. You should get more informed replies in there from the Fab regulars.

I should probably add that my O/S is Windoze XP with all updates.

[QUOTE=secretcodebreaker;2413547]I should probably add that my O/S is Windoze XP with all updates.[/QUOTE]

Since you was using the free 30 day trial the quality size may have been set as DVD5 which the free version does not have the compression functionality, so make sure that DVD9 is selected as the quality size before clicking start.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2413626]Since you was using the free 30 day trial the quality size may have been set as DVD5 which the free version does not have the compression functionality, so make sure that DVD9 is selected as the quality size before clicking start.[/QUOTE]

True, indeed. Please also check and make sure that ypu are using DVD to DVD mode, as that’s the only one that works with the options of full disc or main movie only.

OC

:slight_smile:

Yes, I had done both those things (more than once) before I posted and just tried it again. I’ve tried both DL and SL DVDs, same result.

It will open them but it won’t rip’em.

I selected Main Movie to DVD and it acted like it would do that, including playing the video in the little screen in the lower left corner, but alas, when I clicked next and arrived at the screen with the Start button, nothing happened.

Selecting the other options, like Split, Customize, etc. causes the little DVD to DVD has expired message to pop-up.

[QUOTE=secretcodebreaker;2413836]Yes, I had done both those things (more than once) before I posted and just tried it again. I’ve tried both DL and SL DVDs, same result.

It will open them but it won’t rip’em.

I selected Main Movie to DVD and it acted like it would do that, including playing the video in the little screen in the lower left corner, but alas, when I clicked next and arrived at the screen with the Start button, nothing happened.

Selecting the other options, like Split, Customize, etc. causes the little DVD to DVD has expired message to pop-up.[/QUOTE]

This was an issue in a earlier version but was fixed in a newer release, which version are you running ?

It stopped loading and running altogether.

So, I tried to remove (uninstall) it. The Windoze XP Control Panel Add/Remove programs said it couldn’t find an unistall program for DVDFab6.

So, I searched for all files with a DVDFab label (including hidden files) and deleted them all.

I read over that Guide about a clean install of DVDFab on XP and I’m mulling over whether or not I want to print that out and go through that hassle. I read some other threads that were not very pleasant about the removal of DVDFab.

For the moment I think I’m going to give-up on DVDFab6. I had downloaded it (DVDFab6010.exe dtd 6/26/2009) as I was considering buying it for the ‘Splitting Files’ function.

That part of the program worked fairly well.

I have two identical PCs and I use the B machine for installing and trying out new programs, so my A machine doesn’t have DVDfab6 installed on it.

I don’t want to pay for a program that turns out to be a problem and be unable to remove it, so I’ll probably never install DVDFab6 on my A machine.

DVDFab6 had much more function than I need. I just want to be able to ‘split’ a DL DVD into two SL DVDs. I use ImgBurn to burn the output (VIDEO_TS).

Can you point me to a place on the forum that evaluates, discusses or describes other programs that will ‘split’ DL DVDs into two SL DVDs?

Thanks for your replies and assistance.

[QUOTE=secretcodebreaker;2413914]
For the moment I think I’m going to give-up on DVDFab6. I had downloaded it [U]([B]DVDFab6010[/B].[/U]exe dtd 6/26/2009)[/QUOTE]

6010 is known to have a bug in HD Decrypter, download and install 6.0.4.0
and you should be good to go after the 30 day trial period if you want to
continual using HD Decrypter. :iagree: