DVDFab 6 full disc copy does not copy all, sees wrong size of DVD

I’ve been using DVDFab 5 for awhile and recently upgraded to DVDFab 6…I noticed that the DVDs I’d been copying lately seemed small - which is sometimes normal but most DVDS take up 7-8GB these days. Anyways, I took a closer look and saw that Windows recognized the disc to be much larger than DVDFab 6 did…and then I found that if I reloaded DVDFab 6, it would change the size it thought the DVD was…and so now I’ve copied several of my DVDs to my HD and they are incomplete!

What’s going on here?

Please help, thanks.

EDIT: I’m using full disc copy, DVD9 100% - so, like with DVDFab 5, I want a complete copy of each DVD - I do not have it set to remove DTS, just PGCs

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2294993]I’ve been using DVDFab 5 for awhile and recently upgraded to DVDFab 6…I noticed that the DVDs I’d been copying lately seemed small - which is sometimes normal but most DVDS take up 7-8GB these days. Anyways, I took a closer look and saw that Windows recognized the disc to be much larger than DVDFab 6 did…and then I found that if I reloaded DVDFab 6, it would change the size it thought the DVD was…and so now I’ve copied several of my DVDs to my HD and they are incomplete!

What’s going on here?

Please help, thanks.

EDIT: I’m using full disc copy, DVD9 100% - so, like with DVDFab 5, I want a complete copy of each DVD - I do not have it set to remove DTS, just PGCs[/QUOTE]

With the reload of Fab v6 - does the size of the disc now showing in Fab agree with what Windows shows?

Re burning D/L discs…suggest you download and install a program called Imgburn (a freebie on the web). For D/L discs, it’s far superior to the supplied VSO burner.

Find a post by Stormjumper, and in his signature is a guide to setting up Imgburn in Fab.

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

I’m not burning, just copying to hard drive.

Latest example is a DVD that’s 7.2GB.

DVDFab 6 sees it as 5.275MB - then I close and reload DVDFab 6 and it sees it as 5.320MB - and keeps changing…but nowhere near full size recognized.

EDIT: DVDFab 5, on the other hand, which I still have installed, has no problem recognizing and copying the full size of the same DVD…

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295020]I’m not burning, just copying to hard drive.

Latest example is a DVD that’s 7.2GB.

DVDFab 6 sees it as 5.275MB - then I close and reload DVDFab 6 and it sees it as 5.320MB - and keeps changing…but nowhere near full size recognized.

EDIT: DVDFab 5, on the other hand, which I still have installed, has no problem recognizing and copying the full size of the same DVD…[/QUOTE]

Going back to your first post for a second, you say the copies so far to the HD are incomplete…is this based on the size shown by Fab of the source disk, or is this an actual check of the files themselves?

And (terrible way to start a sentence…) what method are you using to copy these discs? (Clone, Full Disc, Main Movie, etc., etc.).

Please advise.

OC

I am using “Full Disc” to copy the vobs/ifos etc.

All the copies using DVDFab 5 are complete.

The copies with DVDFab 6 are missing or have incomplete sets of vobs.

I noticed copying “Ice Age” it did not copy over the VOBS for the FS version of the movie, leaving only the WS. I thought this was some sort of feature and wasn’t too concerned. But then copying “The Butterfly Effect” I noticed it copied VOBS 1-3 and just skipped 4-6.

I am comparing what Windows Explorer tells me the size of the VIDEO_TS folder in my DVD drive is to the size of both the output VIDEO_TS folder from DVDFab as well as the bottom of the DVDFab screen where it shows you the size of the disc (where I have DVD9 selected)

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295029]I am using “Full Disc” to copy the vobs/ifos etc.

All the copies using DVDFab 5 are complete.

The copies with DVDFab 6 are missing or have incomplete sets of vobs.

I noticed copying “Ice Age” it did not copy over the VOBS for the FS version of the movie, leaving only the WS. I thought this was some sort of feature and wasn’t too concerned. But then copying “The Butterfly Effect” I noticed it copied VOBS 1-3 and just skipped 4-6.

I am comparing what Windows Explorer tells me the size of the VIDEO_TS folder in my DVD drive is to the size of both the output VIDEO_TS folder from DVDFab as well as the bottom of the DVDFab screen where it shows you the size of the disc (where I have DVD9 selected)[/QUOTE]

Try Clone mode, and see if that leaves you with any VOB shortages…

Also, please advise which version of Fab 6 you are using…

OC

Why use clone mode when full disc works perfectly on 5.2.3.2?

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295038]6.0.1.0

Why use clone mode when full disc works perfectly on 5.2.3.2?[/QUOTE]

Because I’m trying to narrow down the problem to where it is occurring, and see if it can be corrected.

So far, of all the problems I’ve seen with V6, any release, this is the first time for this problem. I’m not sure what’s causing it, so all I can do is eliminate some areas and concentrate on others.

Have you tried updating to a newer version of Fab 6 to see if that helps?

Why specifically Clone Mode? To see if the version you are using can get it all under any mode. Full Disc (less the PGCs ain’t workin’)…let’s see if anything [B]DOES[/B] work.

Also, because v5.2.3.2 eventually won’t work as copy protections change, and you might as well be ready.

OC

here’s a screenshot of the same DVD in 5 vs 6

and now here’s DVDFab 6 again with the same DVD but showing a different size than in the pic above

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295076]and now here’s DVDFab 6 again with the same DVD but showing a different size than in the pic above

[/QUOTE]

Fine if I could see the pictures (too small on this forum), but you still haven’t answered the questions.

As I mentioned, so far you are the only one with this problem, leading me to think it’s not a software problem, but something to do with the way you have things set up. (or something on your system I don’t yet know about).

Can you offer any help?

OC

You can click the images then click full size to get a good look. Sorry they didn’t show full size on the forum.

I’m not sure what else the problem could be, considering how flawlessly DVDFab 5 always worked for me…

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295179]You can click the images then click full size to get a good look. Sorry they didn’t show full size on the forum.

I’m not sure what else the problem could be, considering how flawlessly DVDFab 5 always worked for me…[/QUOTE]

OK…Please try disabling pathplayer ([B]NOT[/B] enable when needed), and let us know the results for both Ice Age and The Butterfly Effect.

Thanks.

OC

Ok Clone worked and disabling PathPlayer also worked. So what gives?

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295315]Ok Clone worked and disabling PathPlayer also worked. So what gives?[/QUOTE]

Far as I can tell (and find out through checking) is that something about the main IFO file foxes pathplayer enabled, and causes several problems - which you have experienced.

Disabling pathplayer takes care of it, but you won’t be able to exclude PGCs from recordings made with PP disabled, but as UOPs are also killed, it’ll be easy to skip past them.

Fortunately, it’a only a few films that require PP disabled.

Have fun!

OC

So I should continue using DVDFab 5 until a new DVDFab 6 comes out that can handle it? How come I’m the only one reporting this problem?

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295377]So I should continue using DVDFab 5 until a new DVDFab 6 comes out that can handle it? How come I’m the only one reporting this problem?[/QUOTE]

You’re not the only one reporting it, but the last one was so long ago, I had to look up the solution to give it to you.

You can use v5 'til the cows come home, but to the best if my knowledge, no future version will “fix” this issue. The current “fix” is being able to turn pathplayer on and off.

It happens rather infrequently, so I expect no further change to the programming is anticipated, unless there is a dramatic increase in this type of problem…at which time Fengtao will decide if he needs to adjust the coding or just let it ride.

Might just as well update to v6 and take advantage of the improvements it offers.

Pathplayer should stay as ‘always enabled’, unless you run into something similar to Ice Age, et al., then you’ll have to turn PP off to get a successful copy.

OC

5 of my last 6 DVD’s had this problem - what happens when I need pathplayer to copy a DVD and I have to disable it?

And in the future, what if DVDFab 5 won’t crack the protection and I need pathplayer? SOL? lol

[QUOTE=jeffreii;2295535]5 of my last 6 DVD’s had this problem - what happens when I need pathplayer to copy a DVD and I have to disable it?

And in the future, what if DVDFab 5 won’t crack the protection and I need pathplayer? SOL? lol[/QUOTE]

If you need pathplayer to copy a disc, you won’t need to disable it.

SOL? Only if you don’t update to a newer version.

OC

So your saying I for sure won’t have this problem on discs that need pathplayer? It’s just discs that don’t need it, while it’s enabled, that cause this? I hadn’t come to that conclusion based on the few tests I’ve done.

BTW thanks for all your help on this issue - I do really appreciate it.