Dear all,

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 is out (November 11, 2009):

http://dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB6

What’s New:

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Updated!

• New: Settings window is skinned now.
  • New: Updated language files.

DVDFab “DVD to DVD”:

• New: Added support for a new protection as found on “Up”.
  • New: Improved PathPlayer to support bonus disc of “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”.
  • New: DVD writable media size limit was increased to support over burn.

DVDFab “Blu-ray to Blu-ray”:

• New: Blu-ray writable media size limit was increased to support over burn.
  • Fix: Main movie title doesn’t be shown in title list in certain cases.
  • Fix: A crash problem when opening Blu-ray disc in certain cases.
    * Note: This release does not contain BD+ removal, which is still in beta. Please use v6.2.0.2 if you are working with this feature.

DVDFab “DVD to Mobile”:

• New: Added “Video Effect Settings” to allow user to adjust video in one UI. More controls like “watermark” will be added later.
  • New: Merged “Crop Settings” and “Advanced Resolution Settings” into new “Video Effect Settings” window.

DVDFab “File to Mobile”:

• New: Added “Video Effect Settings” to allow user to adjust video in one UI. More controls like “watermark” will be added later.
  • New: Merged “Crop Settings” and “Advanced Resolution Settings” into new “Video Effect Settings” window.

This release does not update new features for DVDFab HD Decrypter. Some fixes or general updates may be included.

Thank you SJ for the update…Will give a try when I get home from work…Best Regards…Bob…

It doesn’t seem to do well with region 1 version of UP. The title list comes back weird, with repeated titles and some odd title numbering. But it does open the disc and seems to rip OK.

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2463949]It doesn’t seem to do well with region 1 version of UP. The title list comes back weird, with repeated titles and some odd title numbering. But it does open the disc and seems to rip OK.[/QUOTE]

Do you have Pathplayer set as “Always enabled” ?

How can you not love this community! Great Support! Thanks for the update! Special thanks to SJ!

I know discussions here only concern using DVDFab to back up discs you own. However this may save a bit of trouble, posting etc… The US rental version of Up [UP_US_RENTAL] comes with a bunch of ads/trailers, no menus, Eng. 5.1 audio only, & no subs or CC. Can tell you that from just trying to watch it with PowerDVD 8 & a couple of decent players, + a DVDR.

On a side note, it would be nice – greatly appreciated if the DVD fans/pros here would help get the word out to anyone they know who is hearing impaired… It’s a rather nasty experience getting together to watch a new DVD to find out you can’t watch it – it’s not as if you can lip read animation, ya know. :a I have no idea of the retail version has subs/CC or not, but myself (& I assume many others) buy DVDs of movies we like, & it’s not as if I can go to the theater & turn on subs. :stuck_out_tongue:

In a 2nd, quick note, I wondered if someone would forward a suggestion to fengtao?.. Perhaps StormJumper?

With this version the free DVDFab is feature restricted [as posted in another, closed thread]. Not complaining – I can’t work because of disability so just having a free version is very much appreciated. I wanted to suggest checking out giveawayoftheday.com. I don’t know if it’s worth it or just hype, but apps featured there [for just 1 day as the name implies] get a huge amount of exposure, & supposedly, lots of sales afterwards. They’ve had some known names like Paragon & Womble in the past.

DVDFAB already gives you a full working copy for 30 days to try out

Just want to mention that the new Star Trek can be successfully copied with this version. 3 cheers

Thanks Ojib :clap: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2464135]DVDFAB already gives you a full working copy for 30 days to try out[/QUOTE]

I’m not complaining at all.:slight_smile:
Being on limited income, having no choice in the matter, the generosity of people like fengtao makes a huge difference.

What I meant by my suggestion, was that the reason for restricting features is ultimately to make more cash from their hard work. The Giveaway sites have quite a bit of traffic, & advertise their service as helping developers find & get more buyers. If in fact it does work that way, and developers do benefit, it could mean added revenues for fengtao.

[QUOTE=ekim;2464229]I’m not complaining at all.:slight_smile:
Being on limited income, having no choice in the matter, the generosity of people like fengtao makes a huge difference.

What I meant by my suggestion, was that the reason for restricting features is ultimately to make more cash from their hard work. The Giveaway sites have quite a bit of traffic, & advertise their service as helping developers find & get more buyers. If in fact it does work that way, and developers do benefit, it could mean added revenues for fengtao.[/QUOTE]
Giveaway sites are a total crapshoot. You can get some decent software sometimes. Other times, you can get software that will disable your entire system. Bottom line, it’s not worth the risk.

Alright we are now allowed to use reantal ???

it is mention on this site that ekim used it or did i read wrong. cause no one said hey you can’t give out info on rented dvds

By the way it was ekim who said it on here

[QUOTE=me_2_u;2464380]Alright we are now allowed to use reantal ???

it is mention on this site that ekim used it or did i read wrong. cause no one said hey you can’t give out info on rented dvds

By the way it was ekim who said it on here[/QUOTE]

The simple answer [B]NO[/B]

Okay guys, the rules of the forum are very clear. Please take a moment and read them.

http://club.myce.com/f116/announcement-copying-rented-dvds-illegal-such-discussions-not-allowed.html

I just tried Independence Day Blu-ray with this version. When DVDFab sees the disk, it immediately exits. No problem report, just gone.

DVD writable media size limit was increased to support over burn.

Hi, as mentioned above on the DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Updated the DVD Writable media size limit has increased…what writable media size? Where can I find the information.

Video Effect Settings = Where is this feature? Can’t find it.

Settings window is skinned now = Looks the same as previous versions. What actually changed?

TGIF

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2464484]DVD writable media size limit was increased to support over burn.

Hi, as mentioned above on the DVDFab 6.2.0.5 Updated the DVD Writable media size limit has increased…what writable media size? Where can I find the information.

Video Effect Settings = Where is this feature? Can’t find it.

Settings window is skinned now = Looks the same as previous versions. What actually changed?

TGIF[/QUOTE]
Common settings was skinned and to set the over burn you need to go to write in common settings

Hey Guys,I keep getting a “cannot run program-corrupt files” error box.I’ve tried several times ,at several times with the same result.Anyone else experience this problem?..Thanx,:bow: to All You Demi=Gods of the Web:)

[QUOTE=bandog101;2464601]Hey Guys,I keep getting a “cannot run program-corrupt files” error box.I’ve tried several times ,at several times with the same result.Anyone else experience this problem?..Thanx,:bow: to All You Demi=Gods of the Web:)[/QUOTE]

Try StormJumpers Complete uninstall and then Re download a new file and install from it.