DVDFab 6.1.2.5 is out (October 27, 2009)

The free version of Fab now at 6.1.2.5 will not work with TF2 ROTF according to Fengtao until 30 to 60 days after the new protection is released in the paid version of Fab

From the “other” forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter
Dear All,

Effective with DVDFab v6.1.2.5, the updates for the free version of the product, DVDFab HD Decrypter, will no longer be linked to updates of the registered version. There are many reasons for this, some of which are explained below.

The effect of this new policy is that some of the features, fixes and updates in the release notes will not apply to the HD Decrypter version of the product immediately. Users attempting to use a feature that has not been updated will receive a message to that effect. This includes updates to copy protection schemes for both DVD and Blu-ray. Specifically, for V6.1.2.5, the protection removal for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is not included in DVDFab HD Decrypter. For Blu-ray to Blu-ray, only through MKB10 is supported, while MKB11-16 have been added to the registered version.

This new policy was developed in part due to the increased staff workload in maintaining all the versions and defeating the new protections of both Blu-ray and standard DVDs. We also feel that the registered users who support product development financially should have the most timely access to new features. These and other business factors will make it more feasible for us to continue to offer the free version of DVDFab on an ongoing basis.

DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to receive immediate bug fixes, and new protection removal will be updated generally within 30-60 days of initial release to registered users. Thank you for understanding this new policy and we hope you will continue to use and enjoy DVDFab products.

Best regards,
Fengtao

Edit -Ya can’t blame him for this. Now people who want to use the free version will have to wait to be able to copy the latest releases. But I give him credit, at least he will still be giving it away free

[QUOTE=jm1647;2458405]The free version of Fab now at 6.1.2.5 will not work with TF2 ROTF according to Fengtao until 30 to 60 days after the new protection is released in the paid version of Fab

From the “other” forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter
Dear All,

Effective with DVDFab v6.1.2.5, the updates for the free version of the product, DVDFab HD Decrypter, will no longer be linked to updates of the registered version. There are many reasons for this, some of which are explained below.

The effect of this new policy is that some of the features, fixes and updates in the release notes will not apply to the HD Decrypter version of the product immediately. Users attempting to use a feature that has not been updated will receive a message to that effect. This includes updates to copy protection schemes for both DVD and Blu-ray. Specifically, for V6.1.2.5, the protection removal for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is not included in DVDFab HD Decrypter. For Blu-ray to Blu-ray, only through MKB10 is supported, while MKB11-16 have been added to the registered version.

This new policy was developed in part due to the increased staff workload in maintaining all the versions and defeating the new protections of both Blu-ray and standard DVDs. We also feel that the registered users who support product development financially should have the most timely access to new features. These and other business factors will make it more feasible for us to continue to offer the free version of DVDFab on an ongoing basis.

DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to receive immediate bug fixes, and new protection removal will be updated generally within 30-60 days of initial release to registered users. Thank you for understanding this new policy and we hope you will continue to use and enjoy DVDFab products.

Best regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Guess we do need the paid version if we want to do the movie right away.

@jm1647 good edit

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2458413]@jm1647 good edit[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jimbo! Like I said you can’t blame him :disagree: It is still going to be free with updates (just at a later time) and for that ya hafta give him a few :bow::bow::bow:

Yeah but now we will have nothing but complaints from the people who use the free version only. But I agree with how he is offering it now as he wants to sell a product and can not do that if the free version can do the latest releases when the paid version can as well

He’ll probably sell some new subscriptions to folks that have no will power to wait a little while.
Can’t blame him, I assume this is how he makes a living. Has anyone tried the newest free version to see if it does work?
It appears that according to Fentao, it should not work starting with this version.
I assume the paid version does work as of today (or a day or two ago?) and the free does not.
I have not tried either free or paid version yet.

Yes the free and paid version does work, did it yesterday with both.

[QUOTE=burdiman;2458015]If you are “updating” you must uninstall your current DVD Fab, restart your PC and then install 6.1.2.5 and choose the free edition when you start the program.

That will take care of the purchase message when copying Transformers 2.[/QUOTE]

I did uninstall and reinstalled and I was able to do Transformers ROTF…Now, when I try to other discs I get the message that I need to purchase dvd fab again…I got that before the uninstall…Yet before the uininstall other discs that I have worked…Now, with the reinstall Transformers ROTF worked but now other dvd’s will not work…Is there somethging wrong??? Can anyone help???

Go back and re-install the older version, It will only work once it seems.Then you are under the new way of doing business

Maybe you could just buy the program then you wouldn’t have that trouble

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2458593]Maybe you could just buy the program then you wouldn’t have that trouble[/QUOTE]

Worked for me Jimbo :bigsmile: :iagree:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2458593]Maybe you could just buy the program then you wouldn’t have that trouble[/QUOTE]

FYI- I have paid for the blu-ray part of dvdfab…Now I won’t be able to get the latest blu ray updates for dvd fab if I want to use the hd dvd fab part…It’s not like I’m not paying for anything…Is there anyway to run an earlier version of DVDfab along with an older version at the same time??? It’s not like I’m not paying anything since I have already paud for a blu ray sub…

You can run 2 different versions like say 3 and 4 or 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 but you can not run 2 versions of 6.

To Fengtao and Team
Great Job
DvdFab,v.6.1.2.5 worked great w/o any problems at all . I burned off two2 different movies
and it ran fast 10 minutes to do a complete job
I thank you

[QUOTE=bean55;2458497]Yes the free and paid version does work, did it yesterday with both.[/QUOTE]

Yo Bean, when you say both do you mean the the 1st & 2nd disc of the 2 disc version???
Or do you have 2 different versions of the DVD (vanilla & any other)
mine reads on the source bar as [TRANSFORMERS2_IMAX_DISC 1]
& [TRANSFORMERS2_D2_AC]
& I’m having problems with disc 2 coming in @29+GB @ 26%
I’m still using the free version, yeah, & this couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m pretty poor right now. So if you’ve got the 2 disc “Big Screen” version, did you do anything special?
thanks in advance
zenhed
PS I totally understand where the boys are coming from on the new pay deal, it’s actually very compromising.
Even though I’ve encouraged most of my newbies to BUY DVDFAB. I’m way overdue & will ante up as soon as I can afford it.

[QUOTE=lebb;2458609]FYI- I have paid for the blu-ray part of dvdfab…Now I won’t be able to get the latest blu ray updates for dvd fab if I want to use the hd dvd fab part…It’s not like I’m not paying for anything…Is there anyway to run an earlier version of DVDfab along with an older version at the same time??? It’s not like I’m not paying anything since I have already paud for a blu ray sub…[/QUOTE] You should still get the updates to the BR section and that would be all if thats all you bought. from the way I understand it but I could be wrong maybe this could help please read post #437 in this thread http://club.myce.com/f116/transformers-2-backup-standard-dvd-copy-302203/index18.html#post2458668

zenhed

I meant that I had got the single disc version with both the Free DVDFab and with the bought version of DVDFab. I have them on 2 different systems for testing purposes.

[QUOTE=bean55;2458694]zenhed

I meant that I had got the single disc version with both the Free DVDFab and with the bought version of DVDFab. I have them on 2 different systems for testing purposes.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t another post from Fengtao say that 6.1.2.5. would only work on Transformers 2 if it was the paid version?

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2458704]Didn’t another post from Fengtao say that 6.1.2.5. would only work on Transformers 2 if it was the paid version?[/QUOTE]

Yes he did but some have found a way to use it once for the movie. do some reading and you will find out how

Worked perfect for me, THANKS!!! :slight_smile:

Great job Fengtao and anybody else who helped with version 6.1.2.5.

By the way, I [I]think[/I] the movie MAX KEEBLE’S BIG MOVE has the same copy protection on it. Acts exactly the same, would read just 5 mb of data just like ROTF and now, this version will back up my original DVD of this movie. (now the kids can scratch up the copy) No other version would back up this DVD. The real kicker is that this is a 2001 movie.