DVDFab 6.1.0.2 Beta is out

DVDFab 6.1.0.2 Beta is out
Dear all,

DVDFab 6.1.0.2 Beta is out (September 26, 2009):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab6102Beta.exe

This version add the world’s first all-in-one Blu-ray compression feature, and it is stable and safe for all users.

What’s New:

DVDFab 6.1.0.2 Beta (September 26, 2009)

New: Updated VSO burning engine.

> “Blu-ray to Blu-ray” option:
New: Added “BD9 1080P” output size for “Main Movie” mode.
New: Improved source size display.
New: Improved error reporting in internal log.
New: Force “remove HD audio” for “BD5 720P” output size.
Fix: Video reencode bitrate may be wrong in certain cases.

DVDFab 6.1.0.0 Beta (September 25, 2009)

Fix: A “Visual C++ Runtime Library” error for floating point support.

> “DVD to DVD” option:
Fix: Playable content may be removed in very special case when PathPlayer is enabled. Hopefully it’s been fixed permanently now.

> “Blu-ray to Blu-ray” option:
New: Added world’s first all-in-one Blu-ray compression feature.
New: Added “compress BD-50 to single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5” feature. For now only “Main Movie” mode is supported, “Full Disc” mode will be supported later.
New: Added “Remove HD Audio” to convert Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3 and DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS, to save space for video when compression is needed.
New: Improved speed for copying “BD-50” with no compression in “Main Movie” mode.
New: CUDA and DXVA GPU acceleration are supported to speed up compression.
Fix: Failed to enable DXVA at second time.

Notes:

[ul]
[li]The process is extremely CPU intensive. Make sure you have adequate cooling and powering.[/li][li]Don’t multitask while compressing for best performance.[/li][li]If you select BD5 or BD9, a “scanning” progress bar will be shown, wait until it finishes for an accurate size estimate, or DVDFab will finish the scan while copying.[/li][li]The process can be time consuming, especially with a slower CPU or limited RAM.[/li][li]The video quality of the compressed output is impressive, superior to an uncompressed standard DVD.[/li][li]This feature does not turn a BD disc into standard DVD format, it compresses the BD content so that it can fit on standard DVD blank media, supported by many Blu-ray players. The output files can be played on a PC as well with a suitable software player.[/li][/ul]
> “File to Mobile” option:
Fix: Failed to enable DXVA at second time.

Best Regards,

Thanks you Alan
:cool:

Nice with the blu-ray stuff… :slight_smile:
However, inserting a european version of “Terminator 2 - Judgement Day” blu-ray displays nothing in the title/audio/subtitle-windows.

[QUOTE=oRBIT2002;2441826]Nice with the blu-ray stuff… :slight_smile:
However, inserting a european version of “Terminator 2 - Judgement Day” blu-ray displays nothing in the title/audio/subtitle-windows.[/QUOTE]

Hi oRBIT2002

What bluRay drive/burner do you have ? also it could be that the disc contains BD+ protection which DVD Fab does not support at this time :frowning:

I decided to try making a backup of AVP using the BD to BD with beta 6.1.0.2 “main movie” option with BD9 selected. Unfortunately there was no audio in the rip and the file was to large to fit on a DVD DL media.

I tried again, this time selecting BD5, again no audio and the file was to large to fit a DVD SL disc.
Undeterred by this i decided to write the file to a DVD DL media to see what the picture quality was like, and even compressed to BD5, it was surprisingly good. But without audio, it’s not much use. :slight_smile:

Hopefully these bugs can be sorted soon.

Thanks Dee for your excellent work on this

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2441905]Hi oRBIT2002

What bluRay drive/burner do you have ? also it could be that the disc contains BD+ protection which DVD Fab does not support at this time :([/QUOTE]

I’m using an LG blu-ray burner (don’t rememeber the model-id at the moment).
When I insert the disc, DVDFab starts analyzing but it quits in the middle of the second run or so, the content-windows (video/subs etc) are empty.
I think I even tried using AnyDVD at the same time (which should remove all copy-protections) but with the same result.
T2 uses alot of seamless branching technology, perhaps it could cause issues?

[QUOTE=oRBIT2002;2442719]I’m using an LG blu-ray burner (don’t rememeber the model-id at the moment).
When I insert the disc, DVDFab starts analyzing but it quits in the middle of the second run or so, the content-windows (video/subs etc) are empty.
I think I even tried using AnyDVD at the same time (which should remove all copy-protections) but with the same result.
T2 uses alot of seamless branching technology, perhaps it could cause issues?[/QUOTE]
Hi oRBIT2002
Please send the necessary info to Fengtao so he can analyze the
data[B]->[/B] http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/

Hi all

DVDFab 6.1.0.2 Beta doesnt work at all. Neither the version 6.0.7.0
The Reason is, when i start a encoding job, then the encoding FPS slows down to 0.01 after a few seconds. (mo matter which profile). It seems the system has problems to enode the movie. The DVD was ripped by DVDFab. My system has 2.4GHz CPU DualCore2, 2GB RAM, Vista Business 32Bit. Can someone give me an advice please?

Thnx!

Update
It seems there is audio on the disc, as it plays perfectly on the PS3.
I guess i’m missing a codec on this PC.

[QUOTE=Dee;2442804]Update
I guess i’m missing a codec on this PC.[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: Glad you found the problem :clap:

[QUOTE=Dee;2442804]Update
I guess i’m missing a codec on this PC.[/QUOTE]

And how about a standalone player, will it work there?

No idea [B]bean[/B] as i only have access to a PS3.

Would be interesting to know if the standalone’s have the codecs to play it.

Thanks Dee for your excellent work :clap:

:smiley:

I can confirm the disc plays perfectly on a Panasonic DMP-BD60.

That’s Great Dee

Thanks A Lot :smiley:

I just finished doing Pitchblack to a dvd5. Took about 1 hour and 45 minutes however I already had the blu-ray of Pitchblack ripped.

Played with the resulting dvd and played it back some. Did not and do not have time to watch the entire movie this morning. I can hear it playing in the back round however listening for freezes, stalls, etc.

I went from an AACS blu-ray archived that was ripped at 100% to a DVD5, removed hd audio, left the “legacy” Dolby audio intact. Ripped on an LG blu-ray/hd dvd drive to folder on my hard drive, compressed with BD5 target, used imgburn to burn to a LG Lightscribe blank disk in a new Plextor 880SA DVD burner. Playing the dvd back on a Panasonic BD55 blu-ray player with latest firmware installed.

1. It works sorta.

2. Picture quality is great.

3. Dolby sound track sounds fine.

4. Indexing features as in chapter skip, fast forward, etc., do not work. Locks up the picture for a moment, returns the playback to the 0:00 point and starts to playback from beginning of movie. Pause seems to work. When using the original blu-ray all those functions work as intended. Fast forward during playback appeared to be working but when I had fast forwarded far enough and I hit play, it froze the screen, took a minute or two, started over from beginning. Same thing happens if I do not begin playback, use ff to go into the movie a bit, hit play to start the movie, picture from that advanced spot on the movie appears, its frozen, takes a minute or two, goes back to open sequence and playback starts at beginning of movie.

5. It did not take as long as I imagined. I have a quad core Q9400 at 2.67ghz, 8 megs of ram, Vista 64 bit.

All in all a great leap in ability and features.

In my humble opinion the wording for what we are compressing to in the drop down menu could use some tweaking. Even though it says BD5, that is the size of the file not necessarily the type of disk that is the final destination. It could in my mind be a little clearer is all.

Wow that’s fast!

I haven’t moved to blu-ray yet so I can’t play with this yet.

It’s always very useful though to get informed feedback like this.

BTW BD5 is a single layer DVD with the blu-ray file structure so it’s not actually a file size being referred to but the proposed destination.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2443159]Wow that’s fast!

I haven’t moved to blu-ray yet so I can’t play with this yet.

[U][B]It’s always very useful though to get informed feedback like this.[/B][/U]

BTW BD5 is a single layer DVD with the blu-ray file structure so it’s not actually a file size being referred to but the proposed destination.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes it is

Thanks to all of you that have already delved into the Blu Ray arena :clap:

I hope to jump in soon and this is very valuable info for me.

:slight_smile:

This seems really big now that people dont have to buy an expensive BD disc now, you ca n use a .30 disc to back up a Bluray now, great job.:slight_smile: