DVDFAB 6.0 Version Saving to Hard Drive

I just bought the latest DVDFAB 6.0… I want to copy movies and not burn it to a blank DVD but save it to an external Western Digital Hard Drive -then watch the movie on my TV using Wetern Digitals HD Media Player. Can this be done with 6.0 DVDFAB.

[QUOTE=mjfoley;2297228]I just bought the latest DVDFAB 6.0… I want to copy movies and not burn it to a blank DVD but save it to an external Western Digital Hard Drive -then watch the movie on my TV using Wetern Digitals HD Media Player. Can this be done with 6.0 DVDFAB.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it can. When Fab has opened the disc you want to copy, for the target, select the desired folder in the external HD.

That should be all there is to it. Then click ‘Start’.

OC

:slight_smile:

OK Great. I tried it and I did get it to work but I want to make sure I have the correct settings selected for a non Blueray disc and for a Blue ray disc.

Right now when I copy a non Blueray, I’m going “DVD to Mobile” selecting the PVP option, then just hitting the start tab. Is the PVP option the best to select or should I being doing something else to get better quality. I know after the file is copied, it’s only about 1 gig - sounds low. I’ve looked at the picture quality of the copied file and it appears to be OK but I;m viewing it on a 13" tv. Most of this will be viewed on my 55" plasma after I’m all set up.

Second, when I copy a Blueray disc, should I select in DVDFAB, “Blueray to Blueray” or stick with the DVD to Mobile. If DVD to mobile, how do I make sure the copied data gives me the 1080P quality. The Western Digital media player is 1080P, so it will transfer it as long as it is copied in the 1080P format.

[QUOTE=mjfoley;2297369]OK Great. I tried it and I did get it to work but I want to make sure I have the correct settings selected for a non Blueray disc and for a Blue ray disc.

Right now when I copy a non Blueray, I’m going “DVD to Mobile” selecting the PVP option, then just hitting the start tab. Is the PVP option the best to select or should I being doing something else to get better quality. I know after the file is copied, it’s only about 1 gig - sounds low. I’ve looked at the picture quality of the copied file and it appears to be OK but I;m viewing it on a 13" tv. Most of this will be viewed on my 55" plasma after I’m all set up.

Second, when I copy a Blueray disc, should I select in DVDFAB, “Blueray to Blueray” or stick with the DVD to Mobile. If DVD to mobile, how do I make sure the copied data gives me the 1080P quality. The Western Digital media player is 1080P, so it will transfer it as long as it is copied in the 1080P format.[/QUOTE]

Does the Western Digital Media player accept any other format than PVP?

Or are you using that to save space on your HD?

Seems to me that an approx. 4 GB file shrunk to about 1 Gb is going to have very noticeable picture loss, especially played back on a 55" plasma screen.

Comments?

OC

:slight_smile:

Just starting to record in different formats, then trying them on the WD hard drive but…the gereric and the PS3 setting from DVDFAB all take to the WD hard drive like the PVP did. What would you try for the highest res setting on FAB. I’m not worried about the hard drive space I have 1TB.

That being the case I would use generic - VOB passthrough. That produces a no loss single file.

OK will give it a shot. Is the VOB passthrough a setting I need to go to. If so where would i find it. Thanks

I’m at work so I don’t have the software in front of me, but I think it is in the dropdown menu under “Generic”