DVDFab 6.0.7.0 region code settings

I have been using dvdfab 6.0.1.0 and I love it. If I understand it correctly this program burns dvds automatically, region free.

I just upgraded to DVDFab 6.0.7.0 and this program insists I make a choice of which region I want to burn the dvd as. Why has this been added to the program?

Is the program no longer able to burn region free? If this is so, then why?

Thanks for any help. :confused:

[QUOTE=NAH51;2447578]I have been using dvdfab 6.0.1.0 and I love it. If I understand it correctly this program burns dvds automatically, region free.

I just upgraded to DVDFab 6.0.7.0 and this program insists I make a choice of which region I want to burn the dvd as. Why has this been added to the program?

Is the program no longer able to burn region free? If this is so, then why?

Thanks for any help. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi NAH51
Welcome to the forum :flower:

DVDFab does not ask you what region code to place on the disc, however go into common settings and on the left side under “Protection” click on the appropriate selection and make sure there is a check mark next to “Remove RCE” and just below that your region is selected in the drop down selection window.

also if you still get the message please check the DVD to make sure it is not from another region other then the one you are in.

[B]SJ[/B]

That was it! Thanks very much. And thanks for the quick response. It turns out that in the protection section my region code wasn’t selected. I selected it and restarted the program. The program again asked me for the region code of the original disc. I entered it but this time I also checked the box “Don’t ask me this again”.

It has been so long since I set up the previous version of Dvdfab that I forgot if I had to do these steps before or not.

Everything is checked in the protection settings including “Remove RCE”.

The only other strange thing I experienced was that when I copied the Movie, which was “Crank 2 High Voltage”, I had to copy the Full Disc. If I tried to "Custom Copy, the program would crash and want to send an error report.

Any ideas on why this would have happened? It seemed strange. I tried to custom copy 3 times. I gave up and did a Full Disc copy.

Once the copy was made the program would allow me to copy the copied dvd in the Custom setting if I chose to do so. I didn’t recopy just to get the junk out but hope it doesn’t happen again in the future.

[QUOTE=NAH51;2447625]That was it! Thanks very much. And thanks for the quick response. It turns out that in the protection section my region code wasn’t selected. I selected it and restarted the program. The program again asked me for the region code of the original disc. I entered it but this time I also checked the box “Don’t ask me this again”.

It has been so long since I set up the previous version of Dvdfab that I forgot if I had to do these steps before or not.

Everything is checked in the protection settings including “Remove RCE”.

The only other strange thing I experienced was that when I copied the Movie, which was “Crank 2 High Voltage”, I had to copy the Full Disc. If I tried to "Custom Copy, the program would crash and want to send an error report.

Any ideas on why this would have happened? It seemed strange. I tried to custom copy 3 times. I gave up and did a Full Disc copy.

Once the copy was made the program would allow me to copy the copied dvd in the Custom setting if I chose to do so. I didn’t recopy just to get the junk out but hope it doesn’t happen again in the future.[/QUOTE]

Hi NAH51

I’m glad the region code issue is fixed :clap:

Now about “Crank 2 High Voltage” this issue may be related to PathPlayer
since there was a improvement to PathPlayer in the last beta release I suggest you download and install it which you can find
here-> http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-1-0-5-beta-october-1-2009-a-301648/
after you install the beta version please go into common settings-> “PathPlayer” and make sure it is set as “Always Enabled” and try crank 2 again if you still have trouble with custome mode or main movie then try PathPlayer as “Disabled”

SJ

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2447631]Hi NAH51

I’m glad the region code issue is fixed :clap:

Now about “Crank 2 High Voltage” this issue may be related to PathPlayer
since there was a improvement to PathPlayer in the last beta release I suggest you download and install it which you can find
here-> http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-1-0-5-beta-october-1-2009-a-301648/
after you install the beta version please go into common settings-> “PathPlayer” and make sure it is set as “Always Enabled” and try crank 2 again if you still have trouble with custome mode or main movie then try PathPlayer as “Disabled”

SJ[/QUOTE]

Thanks again StormJumper. :bow:

It turns out that if I set DVDFab 6.0.7.0 to not preview the dvd I am copying I can do a custom copy of “Crank 2” with pathfinder enabled. I found the same problem existed when I tried to copy “Fright Night”, which is a movie I just purchased. It also had to be set this way to Custom copy.

It seems that the program crashes just as the preview is about to start.

I like to set the program to preview so I can see exactly what I am going to copy before actually doing the Custom copy. This way I won’t make any mistakes, such as choosing something I didn’t intend on choosing. I then stop the preview before actually copying.
Do you still think the beta version will correct this problem?

Thanks again for the fast response.

NAH51

[QUOTE=NAH51;2448003]Thanks again StormJumper. :bow:

It turns out that if I set DVDFab 6.0.7.0 to not preview the dvd I am copying I can do a custom copy of “Crank 2” with pathfinder enabled. I found the same problem existed when I tried to copy “Fright Night”, which is a movie I just purchased. It also had to be set this way to Custom copy.

It seems that the program crashes just as the preview is about to start.

I like to set the program to preview so I can see exactly what I am going to copy before actually doing the Custom copy. This way I won’t make any mistakes, such as choosing something I didn’t intend on choosing. I then stop the preview before actually copying.
Do you still think the beta version will correct this problem?

Thanks again for the fast response.

NAH51[/QUOTE]

StormJumper or anyone else reading this post,

Duh!! :doh: I uninstalled DVDFab 6.0.7.0 from the computer giving me the problems. It had a 1.4 GHZ AMD processor in it and a slower video card than another computer that I have.

I installed the program on the computer I have with a 2.2 GHZ AMD processor and a faster video card with more memory on the video card than the previous computer. Now the program runs perfectly in all modes.

It doesn’t matter if I have the Preview on or not now. All is well and I feel like a dope.

I hope all of these posts helps anyone else out there who might have any issues. In the mean time I will just put a foil hat on my head so the aliens can’t get in anymore. :eek:

Hi NAH51

Glad things are going good for you :clap:
didn’t know you had such a slow system :eek: you may want to unplug the life support :bigsmile:

[B]SJ [/B]