DVDFab 6.0.30 not working with Vista

I’m running Vista Ultimate x64, and I tried to install DVDFab 6.0.30 but it’s not working. If I click on the icon, it does nothing. I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling… still nothing.

I did get “Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe Create Profess failed; code 740. The requested operation requires elevation.” error (one time).

I changed the properties on the shortcut to “Run As Administrator” but the program still fails to even start. It does nothing at all.

Any ideas as to how to get it to run? I downloaded the 6.0.30 Beta build 689, but it doesn’t seem to do much of anything. Any ideas?

That “Unable to execute” error only appeared if I ran it under “Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode” but other than that, I get no error messages, nothing. I just click on it, and it does absolutely nothing.

Do they not test this software or anything? I would figure as long as this software has been around that it would at least work with Windows Vista x64 Ultimate.

Is there a step by step tutorial on how to get it to work with Vista Ultimate x64?

I seem to be having the same problem as this user here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/just-installed-dvdfab-6-0-2-2-wont-even-start-279753/

DVDFab does nothing, doesn’t even start up. Any clue as to how I could get it to execute, or find a log file to figure out what is wrong and why the software won’t work?

[QUOTE=slipaway;2310888]I seem to be having the same problem as this user here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/just-installed-dvdfab-6-0-2-2-wont-even-start-279753/

DVDFab does nothing, doesn’t even start up. Any clue as to how I could get it to execute, or find a log file to figure out what is wrong and why the software won’t work?[/QUOTE]

Just a hunch, but give this a try…Uninstall DVDFab (using Stormjumpers guide, available anywhere you can find one of his posts), get a new download from DVDFab.com, re-install (as Administrator) MINUS the Patin-Couffin driver…when it’s installed, go in and delete the vso_hwe.dll file in the main Fab directory, and then see if it will run. (also make sure you run as Administrator).

Please let us know the results.

OC

:slight_smile:

I’ve removed DVDFab as per the instructions located here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/guide-clean-uninstall-dvdfab-vista-274706/#post2277067

I reinstalled the DVDFab from DVDFab.com (as Administrator), I removed he vso_hwe.dll file, and I’m running the file with the “Run As Administrator” checked, and still nothing.

It doesn’t start up, nothing. Any ideas as to what to try next? Could their be something wrong with the latest 6.0.3.0 and 6.0.2.2 releases? Are there any older releases that have worked for sure that I could try?

Any ideas as to what I could do or try next? I have UAC disabled. Does this software not work with Vista x64 Ultimate?

[QUOTE=slipaway;2310940]I’ve removed DVDFab as per the instructions located here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/guide-clean-uninstall-dvdfab-vista-274706/#post2277067

I reinstalled the DVDFab from DVDFab.com (as Administrator), I removed he vso_hwe.dll file, and I’m running the file with the “Run As Administrator” checked, and still nothing.

It doesn’t start up, nothing. Any ideas as to what to try next? Could their be something wrong with the latest 6.0.3.0 and 6.0.2.2 releases? Are there any older releases that have worked for sure that I could try?

Any ideas as to what I could do or try next? I have UAC disabled. Does this software not work with Vista x64 Ultimate?[/QUOTE]
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-not-working-vista-278481/index2.html#post2310964

StormJumper,

Is there maybe an older version that I can try? Like maybe a 6.0.1? Something older that people have gotten to work with Vista x64?

I’ve tried both 6.0.3Beta and 6.0.2.2 but neither seems to work.

[QUOTE=slipaway;2310980]StormJumper,

Is there maybe an older version that I can try? Like maybe a 6.0.1? Something older that people have gotten to work with Vista x64?

I’ve tried both 6.0.3Beta and 6.0.2.2 but neither seems to work.[/QUOTE]

I have replied here-> http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-not-working-vista-278481/index2.html#post2310981

since this is your thread anymore communications on your issue will be done here

It seems another user has posted an identical problem with DVDFab 6.0.2.2, and this seems to be the exact same symptoms and same issue that I’m experiencing with the DVDFab software.

Are there any event logs, or error logs that could at least give us a clue as to why the software is crashing/failing to load, and why the process refuses to even start?

Both machines that are having the problem are Intel-based 64-bit machines. The AMD Turion X2 64-bit machine (running Vista x64 Premium) seems to work, but the two Intel 64-bit machines (running Vista x64 Ultimate) fail to load or start.

Could this be a “pcouffin device for Amd 64bit systems” problem? Is there a different device driver for Intel 64bit based systems?

I’m putting this here, in your original thread, in the hopes that you sometimes check this to see if anyone has posted.

I’ve noticed that you are posting your problem in virtually every thread you can find with a similar problem (aside from the fact you’re running a Mac, and that’s where your problems are based…which few others are running, thus your problem isn’t really that similar to theirs…).

This is causing two problems.
1.) you are disrupting help we are trying to give others, also paying customers, by butting in and re-iterating your problem - they deserve our un-interrupted help as much as you do.
2.) you are shooting yourself in the foot, as few, if any, are going to want to respond to you now, as we have to check too many threads to see:
-where we last posted
-what was said
-what your response was
-what feedback, if any, you are offering
-whether someone else has already said what we want to
etc. etc.

You made the comment in a recent post that the Mac forum’s best advice to you was that the problem was the software (DVDFab)…however greater the enthusiasm of our advice, I’m afraid it’s not much better than that, as so few around here own Macs that could offer you good, experienced advice.

So I’m going to suggest a work-around (not a solution) that you may or may not want to try…

a.)Re-format your Windows partition - get rid of all the software…re-load Vista and make sure all the drivers are up to date…first piece of software to load, DVDFab. If it’ll run now, then you’ll know it will work on a Mac with Vista Ultimate. Then you can start re-loading all your other stuff, checking Fab with each program to make sure it still runs (you may find the offending software this way…if Fab will run on a Mac with Vista Ultimate).

b.)If that’s too much work and disruption to your schedule, go to a local computer store and pick up a used desk top or lap top system (PC), and use it as a dedicated video machine, with Fab and any other video-related software you like.

And please limit your responses and comments to just this thread!

OC

:slight_smile:

Ocanada,

Apparently you haven’t read my posts, because your “assumptions” have been incorrect.

As I stated previously (several times), I have 3 computers. 2 of them DVDFab will not work on!

Ok, so this throws your little “hypothesis” that this is a “Mac” problem out the window. Ok, so forget that silly little thought.

I have two HP Laptops (less than 6 months old) and one has an AMD 64-bit processor, and the other has an Intel 64-bit processor. Now please keep in mind, that an “HP” computer is not a Mac. So can we get that idea out of your head please? One is running Vista x64 Premium, and the other is running Vista x64 Ultimate. So the problem is you are making IGNORANT assumptions and are grabbing at straws, because you have no idea as to what is wrong with your software.

I’ve stated the facts several times, but you continue to disregard the facts, and continue to make IGNORANT assumptions.

So before you try to tell me WHY my problem is not like everyone else that is experiencing similar/identical problems and why 6.0.2.5 and 6.0.3.0beta… (the problem seems to be with the ignorant assumptions you are making, assuming that there’s nothing wrong with the actual DVDFab software, even though many people seem to be reporting the same identical problem with the 6.0.2.5 and 6.0.3.0Beta software). So let’s try to just take the blinders off for a minute, and think about things LOGICALLY. Shall we?

I asked a simple question, DVDFab is not working properly, it fails to start (on 2 out of the 3 machines that I own), I actually own 12 computers (and 4 servers), but my concern is getting DVDFab to run on my newest (and fastest) machines. Yes, it would seem to make sense to want to rip a DVD on a Quad-Core, or dual quad-core XEON machine (on my two fastest machines) not on older 32-bit machines from the 2003-2005 era, or even the much slower AMD x64 Turion X2 (even though that machine is only 6-7 months old, it’s still very slow compared to the Intel Quad-Core’s.

If DVDFab has problems running on newer hardware, and newer Quad-Core (and XEON) based machines (with Vista Ultimate x64) then it might be good to address these issues, instead of sticking our heads in the sand.

Ok, from what I can see, the ONE machine that DVDFab does install on (and works on) is an AMD 64-bit processor (AMD Turion X2) running Windows Vista Premium. The two machines that DVDFab does NOT work on (when you click on the icon, nothing happens and the process fails to start) are both Intel Processors (one is an Intel Quad Core, running Vista Ultimate x64, and the second computer is dual quad-core XEON’s running Vista Ultimate x64).

If you read my question, it’s VERY clear…

1. Does DVDFab have ANY type of error logging, that will help me (or one of the developer’s) understand WHY their software isn’t working properly and why their broken software fails to start.

I’ve never heard anyone recommend that you just reformat your partition, to get a particular piece of software working… but if you’re just grabbing at straws and really have no clue as to what is wrong with the software that you write and why it won’t even load, then that certainly is a good shot in the dark guess.

If you called McAfee or Symantec, and they told you to reformat your partition, and reinstall windows just to see if you can get their software to work, you would understand my viewpoint. That’s just not very good support to say the least.

It would seem to make sense to have some form of debugging, or error logging that would at least give an error, so you would have some type of CLUE as to what your software is not functioning properly.

As I stated previously, I’m using an HP Laptop with an Intel 64-bit processor with Windows Vista Ultimate x64, and are there any event logs, or error logs that could at least give us a clue as to why the software is crashing/failing to load, and why the process refuses to even start?

[QUOTE=slipaway;2407380]Ocanada,

Apparently you haven’t read my posts, because your “assumptions” have been incorrect.

As I stated previously (several times), I have 3 computers. 2 of them DVDFab will not work on!

Ok, so this throws your little “hypothesis” that this is a “Mac” problem out the window. Ok, so forget that silly little thought.

I have two HP Laptops (less than 6 months old) and one has an AMD 64-bit processor, and the other has an Intel 64-bit processor. Now please keep in mind, that an “HP” computer is not a Mac. So can we get that idea out of your head please? One is running Vista x64 Premium, and the other is running Vista x64 Ultimate. So the problem is you are making IGNORANT assumptions and are grabbing at straws, because you have no idea as to what is wrong with your software.

I’ve stated the facts several times, but you continue to disregard the facts, and continue to make IGNORANT assumptions.

So before you try to tell me WHY my problem is not like everyone else that is experiencing similar/identical problems and why 6.0.2.5 and 6.0.3.0beta… (the problem seems to be with the ignorant assumptions you are making, assuming that there’s nothing wrong with the actual DVDFab software, even though many people seem to be reporting the same identical problem with the 6.0.2.5 and 6.0.3.0Beta software). So let’s try to just take the blinders off for a minute, and think about things LOGICALLY. Shall we?

I asked a simple question, DVDFab is not working properly, it fails to start (on 2 out of the 3 machines that I own), I actually own 12 computers (and 4 servers), but my concern is getting DVDFab to run on my newest (and fastest) machines. Yes, it would seem to make sense to want to rip a DVD on a Quad-Core, or dual quad-core XEON machine (on my two fastest machines) not on older 32-bit machines from the 2003-2005 era, or even the much slower AMD x64 Turion X2 (even though that machine is only 6-7 months old, it’s still very slow compared to the Intel Quad-Core’s.

If DVDFab has problems running on newer hardware, and newer Quad-Core (and XEON) based machines (with Vista Ultimate x64) then it might be good to address these issues, instead of sticking our heads in the sand.

Ok, from what I can see, the ONE machine that DVDFab does install on (and works on) is an AMD 64-bit processor (AMD Turion X2) running Windows Vista Premium. The two machines that DVDFab does NOT work on (when you click on the icon, nothing happens and the process fails to start) are both Intel Processors (one is an Intel Quad Core, running Vista Ultimate x64, and the second computer is dual quad-core XEON’s running Vista Ultimate x64).

If you read my question, it’s VERY clear…

1. Does DVDFab have ANY type of error logging, that will help me (or one of the developer’s) understand WHY their software isn’t working properly and why their broken software fails to start.

I’ve never heard anyone recommend that you just reformat your partition, to get a particular piece of software working… but if you’re just grabbing at straws and really have no clue as to what is wrong with the software that you write and why it won’t even load, then that certainly is a good shot in the dark guess.

If you called McAfee or Symantec, and they told you to reformat your partition, and reinstall windows just to see if you can get their software to work, you would understand my viewpoint. That’s just not very good support to say the least.

It would seem to make sense to have some form of debugging, or error logging that would at least give an error, so you would have some type of CLUE as to what your software is not functioning properly.

As I stated previously, I’m using an HP Laptop with an Intel 64-bit processor with Windows Vista Ultimate x64, and are there any event logs, or error logs that could at least give us a clue as to why the software is crashing/failing to load, and why the process refuses to even start?[/QUOTE]

One misconception of yours that needs clearing up…this forum is a collection of users, like yourself, who use DVDFab…some longer than others…and on occasion, some of us offer to help other users experiencing problems.

We are not affilliated with, paid by, or even contracted with by Fengtao Software or its product, DVDFab, to do this. Each of us has our own reasons for doing so.

We do not write the software, debug it, correct it, or otherwise fix it. We are NOT ‘Customer Support’ (at least, not officially). We don’t collect the money for the program, issue the registration keys, or even try to cope with those problems.

Nor are we the Sales or Marketing Dept., which, among other things, means we don’t necessarily have to leave the customer a ‘Happy Customer’.

A normal interaction with a problem is to work with the person with the problem to reach a solution (if it can be done) while involving that person as much as possible. This invariably leads to both of us learning things.

In your case, you have stated the problem, asked for a solution, when one wasn’t forthcoming, said, “any other ideas?”, made demands for items no one here can supply, and belittled help when it was offered.

The time has come for you to marshall what’s left of your mind, and bend it to the task of solving your problem, as you’ve made it amply clear that you don’t think much of our efforts, and I don’t see much help coming at this time.

Message clear?

Adios.

OC

slipaway
As Tor… aka…O’Canada said we members are just users like yourself helping each other which we go out of our way and on our own time and don’t get paid for our trouble :frowning: We do this because we are CD Freak members who care about others and wish to help :slight_smile: we don’t always have the answers or the fix cause we are not tech support sorry :flower:

I am also having this issue. Have you tried version 6010? That is the last version that is working for me. I am running xp sp1. I have a hunch that if I apply sp2 that it may work again. If I get it to work I will let you know. Right now 6010 is working for everything I have but I imagine new blu-rays will eventually cause me to figure out exactly what is going on here. Worse case scenario I have other computers to install it on but I prefer to not go there…