DVDFab 6.0.2.2 won't burn to disc!

ok, I have the latest DVDFab and have done nothing to change the settings. It does fine with reading, writing but won’t burn. I get the message ‘failed to burn’ everytime!

Here’s a copy of the file:

I had a similar problem until I disabled PathPlayer.

Settings->PathPlayer

Are you burning to Disc or HDD?
If to Disc are you using the VSO burner or someother program to burn to Disc?

I am burning to disc and I do use a VSO burning engine. The dvd/writer is a HP dvd 840 with LightScribe. The files are saved just fine but won’t burn to a disc.

[QUOTE=shellyisme777;2306607]I am burning to disc and I do use a VSO burning engine. The dvd/writer is a HP dvd 840 with LightScribe. The files are saved just fine but won’t burn to a disc.[/QUOTE]

Can you please go to the following directory, and extract the last [B]FAILED[/B] burn that was logged…

C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Applications\DVDFab\log

Ignore the first few entries in the log…I’m looking for an entry that starts (more or less) BURN FAILED.

We should be able to do more for you with that info.

OC

:slight_smile:

I switched it to use my “Nero Rom” instead of the “VSO burning engine” and it works now! Woo-hoo!
Oh, ya i didn’t disable the PathPlayer settings either. I left that at it’s default setting. So what does PathPlayer do anyways?

See this thread as well. Not sure exactly what it is but seems to be a burning problem somewhere with VSO somehow…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-2-2-not-writing-279167/

The VSO Burning engine that comes with DVDFab has given some people trouble lately.

A lot of use the Imgburn software for burning our backups, especially the Dual Layer disc. It is a Free program that can do a lot.

[QUOTE=bean55;2306846]The VSO Burning engine that comes with DVDFab has given some people trouble lately.

A lot of use the Imgburn software for burning our backups, especially the Dual Layer disc. It is a Free program that can do a lot.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

Having work arounds is of course nice. However something is wrong with DVDFab and its VSO portion.

[QUOTE=shellyisme777;2306623]I switched it to use my “Nero Rom” instead of the “VSO burning engine” and it works now! Woo-hoo!
Oh, ya i didn’t disable the PathPlayer settings either. I left that at it’s default setting. So what does PathPlayer do anyways?[/QUOTE]

Good…glad to hear you got it working…

Just one question…can you give me a blow-by-blow description of how you tried to use the VSO burn engine - I use it all the time, and have never had a problem with it, and I’m using v6.0.2.2.

First you rip the DVD to your Hard Drive…what do you do next?

P.S. Pathplayer is a means for DVDFab to follow the same path your set-top DVD player does (as you know, no matter what the protection put on a DVD is, a set-top will always play it…)…just one of several means of side stepping some of the copy-protections put on a DVD…especially useful for those DVDs that try to ‘spoof’ copiers, by putting a multitude of false starts for a film in the IFO nav. file - this is how Fab finds the correct start point for the films and extras.

OC

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘how I used the burning engine’? All I do is click on DVD to DVD, put in the movie I am copying and push start. Then I wait till it asks for writable media. Then I put in a blank disc, wait and Nero starts up, burns the disc and a happy little noise to let me know it’s a successfull burn. I finally got it all figured out!
I use my Nero instead of VSO and I disable PathPlayer. I have successfully made copies of the entire Sarah, Plain and Tall series (for me mom, not me) without a hitch!
YAY!!!

[QUOTE=shellyisme777;2307127]I’m not sure what you mean by ‘how I used the burning engine’? All I do is click on DVD to DVD, put in the movie I am copying and push start. Then I wait till it asks for writable media. Then I put in a blank disc, wait and Nero starts up, burns the disc and a happy little noise to let me know it’s a successfull burn. I finally got it all figured out!
I use my Nero instead of VSO and I disable PathPlayer. I have successfully made copies of the entire Sarah, Plain and Tall series (for me mom, not me) without a hitch!
YAY!!![/QUOTE]

OK…sorry…I got the impression you were ripping first, then burning at a later date and time…If you can, I’d still like to see a burn log from an unsuccessful VSO attempt…same location as I posted earlier…

Thanks.

OC

Has any one ever tried to use DVDFab6022 Blu-ray to Blu-ray? I don’t have problem in burning the main movie to a blank blu-ray disc. But when I tried to burn the “full disc” from the hard drive folders to the blank disc, I got error code 102. When I tried to burn the iso image from the hard drive to the blank disc, DVDFab6022 terminated with a crash. Can any one suggest a solution?

[QUOTE=DelegateMath;2307252]Has any one ever tried to use DVDFab6022 Blu-ray to Blu-ray? I don’t have problem in burning the main movie to a blank blu-ray disc. But when I tried to burn the “full disc” from the hard drive folders to the blank disc, I got error code 102. When I tried to burn the iso image from the hard drive to the blank disc, DVDFab6022 terminated with a crash. Can any one suggest a solution?[/QUOTE]

DelegateMath, there is a problem burning from full movie, I can burn from main movie or clone no problem, for full I have to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner, hopefully this will be worked out soon.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2307262]DelegateMath, there is a problem burning from full movie, I can burn from main movie or clone no problem, for full I have to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner, hopefully this will be worked out soon.

:D[/QUOTE]

Can you provide more information on ImgBurn?

ImgBurn is a freeware software, that is top shelf, follow the link below… and happy burning.

http://www.imgburn.com/

[QUOTE=shellyisme777;2307127]I’m not sure what you mean by ‘how I used the burning engine’? All I do is click on DVD to DVD, put in the movie I am copying and push start. Then I wait till it asks for writable media. Then I put in a blank disc, wait and Nero starts up, burns the disc and a happy little noise to let me know it’s a successfull burn. I finally got it all figured out!
YAY!!![/QUOTE]

You can do the same thing with Imgburn just select it in DVDFab as the burn engine.It will copy to HDD and then start Imgburn automatically.

jsmiddleton4
Re: DVDFab 6.0.2.2 won’t burn to disc!
Having work arounds is of course nice. However something is wrong with DVDFab and its VSO portion.

Using Imgburn is not a workaround,there is a place built into DVDFab to choose Imgburn as your burning software.
So I agree that all options should be available and they all should work, the VSO engine is only one small part of the software.

Happy Burning

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2307296]ImgBurn is a freeware software, that is top shelf, follow the link below… and happy burning.

http://www.imgburn.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. I tried ImgBurn last night and it solved my problem. However, during the burning process, I received a warning message as follows:

“DeviceIoControl (FSCTL_Lock_Volume) Failed!
Reason: Access is Denied
Hint: Windows Media Player is running. Close it and try again”

The strange thing is that I was NOT running Windows Media Player at the time. So I ignored the warning message and clicked “CONTINUE” to move on.

What can I do if I do want to close Windows Media Player next time?

Might WMP been running in the background ?