DVDFab 6.0.2.2 ISO Files

As a long time user of DVD Fab, imgburn and DVD Shrink, I recently decided to short cut the process of producing an ISO file (from a DVD) by creating them in DVD Fab directly. Unfortunately in a high proportion of cases 70% or more the ISO files created by DVD FAB will not burn properly in Imgburn, as when verified they produce an LCE error part way through the verify (roughly a sector pointing to another that doesn’t exist in the vob files). Needless to say, the DVDs stutter/won’t play back from the point at which the verify errors were seen.

If I stick to my usual process of ripping to folders and then using shrink to create the ISO files…I never get a problem. This happens with path player on or off.

Is anyone aware of a problem with DVD Fab functionality in this area?

P.S. Im not overburning, it happens on both of my DVD drives, it’s not related to other software process i am running, my DVD firmware is current, it happens at all speeds, my media is OK

[QUOTE=davecuk;2300543]As a long time user of DVD Fab, imgburn and DVD Shrink, I recently decided to short cut the process of producing an ISO file (from a DVD) by creating them in DVD Fab directly. Unfortunately in a high proportion of cases 70% or more the ISO files created by DVD FAB will not burn properly in Imgburn, as when verified they produce an LCE error part way through the verify (roughly a sector pointing to another that doesn’t exist in the vob files). Needless to say, the DVDs stutter/won’t play back from the point at which the verify errors were seen.

If I stick to my usual process of ripping to folders and then using shrink to create the ISO files…I never get a problem. This happens with path player on or off.

Is anyone aware of a problem with DVD Fab functionality in this area?

P.S. Im not overburning, it happens on both of my DVD drives, it’s not related to other software process i am running, my DVD firmware is current, it happens at all speeds, my media is OK[/QUOTE]

Instead of using Fab to do the ISOs (translation: Using the VSO engine for that purpose), instead use Imgburn to create the ISOs from the ripped files.

You should be able to do this as an in-line process during the rip, and the Imgburn ISOs will be far less likely to have errors.

Your pathplayer setting will not affect the ISO creation, only the way the rip is handled by Fab.

Simply set up Imgburn in Fab, and rip and create ISOs as you would otherwise with Fab.

OC

:slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you are seeing there, but I would sure agree with O’C that the definitve image creator is ImgBurn. You can use it from within DVDFab and make this process much simpler than what you are doing now with starting and stopping 3 apps.

If you work with images a lot, buy the Pro version of ISOBuster and see what it says about the files. The last time I used it to look at DVDFab ISOs they were fine and burned without problems, but I’m sure it was different original content and I only tested one DVD in response to an image file problem reported here.

A good suggestion I shall implement it…especially as Imgburn is the only burn program I really trust and I must admit it had not occurred to me to integrate the image creation into DVDFab.

[QUOTE=davecuk;2300671]A good suggestion I shall implement it…especially as Imgburn is the only burn program I really trust and I must admit it had not occurred to me to integrate the image creation into DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

Look below in my signature there is a guide called “Setup” it contains some settings that you may want to consider :wink:

It appears that using Imgburn to make the .iso files, instead of DVD Fabs own .iso creation works fine, so far no problems.

Thanks for the feedback

Glad it is working well for you now.