DVDFab 6.0.2.2 is not writing

Since I downloaded this version it isn’t writing… it writes to it to my hard drive and then when I go back to write it to a DVD it says failed to burn DVD and do you want to burn again… I put in the same DVD back in or another brand new one and it says writing and will sit there as long as I let it and it says it’s writing but nothing is happening and the time is elapsing as if something is happening.

I am running with all updates in the DVDFab program as well as any windows updates as well

I have ran all other versions for quite some time now with no problems what so ever so I am kind of at a loss as to what’s happening now this is why I reach to you… hope I included all hte infor mation needed to help me

Hope you can help me…

[QUOTE=sassyanow;2305381]Since I downloaded this version it isn’t writing… it writes to it to my hard drive and then when I go back to write it to a DVD it says failed to burn DVD and do you want to burn again… I put in the same DVD back in or another brand new one and it says writing and will sit there as long as I let it and it says it’s writing but nothing is happening and the time is elapsing as if something is happening.

I am running with all updates in the DVDFab program as well as any windows updates as well

I have ran all other versions for quite some time now with no problems what so ever so I am kind of at a loss as to what’s happening now this is why I reach to you… hope I included all hte infor mation needed to help me

Hope you can help me…[/QUOTE]

OK…assuming that you haven’t made any changes, and are using the VSO burn engine that came with the program, please go to:

C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Applications\DVDFab\LOG

and send us (include it in your next post here) the log of a [B]FAILED[/B] burn - it’ll help us nail down the problem.

Thanks.

OC

:slight_smile:

I’m having the exact same problem. Did you figure it out?

Not sure if its the same problem but I’m having write problems as well. Never had any problems with any version writing up until 6.x.x.x. Did not need to use imgburn. Sometimes I played with it but usually back to DVDFab since it was simplier to use its writing engine.

I tried DVD Fab 6. Don’t like it and I don’t like the continuous beta feel to it. Went back to DVD Fab 5. Did full and clean uninstall following the guidelines posted on this forum. Reinstalled DVD Fab 5. It acts like its burning but the disk is not burning, or at least whatever is on it can not be read by my DVD players nor my blu-ray players. Again this issue is NEW for DVD Fab.

Now I HAVE to use ImgBurn.

Makes one wonder if there is some piece of the VSO engine from DVD Fab 6 laying around on my hard drive some where.

I have always used the internal VSO for SL burns and Img for DL, but I am getting the “No media detected in Drive “x”” error with v6.0.2.2 when using VSO. ImgBurn can see the blank media just fine. If you can find a version that works, you should be able to update to 6.0.2.2 but UNcheck the Install VSO option box on the installer, it will then leave the working version in place.

That’s fine and all for having a work around. However something is not right.

Is this a symptom of something to do with the ISO burning being removed? Something clearly changed…

I am having the same problem and I am running 5.2.3.2

I checked the log and it said:
INIT ERROR: The inserted disc is too small. Suitable disc(s) for 4.42 Gb.: double Layer DVD+R, double Layer DVD-R
So I have inserted a DVD+R DL disc. It told me I only need a single layer but I chose to continue with the DL disc to see if it will burn it.

[QUOTE=sassyanow;2305381]Since I downloaded this version it isn’t writing… it writes to it to my hard drive and then when I go back to write it to a DVD it says failed to burn DVD and do you want to burn again… I put in the same DVD back in or another brand new one and it says writing and will sit there as long as I let it and it says it’s writing but nothing is happening and the time is elapsing as if something is happening.

Hope you can help me…[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem. 0 for 3 attempts using the same 50 pack of disks that I have been using for quite while with 3 different films I wanted to back up. (I also am not getting the automatic updates, so I’ve missed 2 or 3 new versions if this has anything to do with this. )

In the mean time… Is there a place to go to reinstall old versions of DVDFab?

Thanks!

Could be the last straw for me. Been holding on to DVD Fab 5 for sd-dvd and not bothering with any dvd. May have to make the switch if even DVD Fab 5 is having issues.