DVDFab 6.0.1.8 Beta is out

Dear all,

DVDFab 6.0.1.8 Beta is out (June 19, 2009):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab6018Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

6.0.1.8 Beta is out (June 19, 2009)

New: Updated “Info” window to show info of Blu-ray and video file.
New: Updated report program to support sending info files of Blu-ray and video file.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: Preview cannot be opened manually when it’s disabled in Settings.

> “DVD to Mobile” option:

Fix: XVID encoding slow problem in last beta version.
Fix: An error “4(505) 4” when converting DVD in certain cases.

> “File to Mobile” option:

Fix: XVID encoding slow problem in last beta version.

6.0.1.6 Beta is out (June 13, 2009)

New: Added “General -> Diagnosis" window in “Settings”. User can choose enable/disable log files.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: HD Decrypter doesn’t work when DVDFab options expired.

> “DVD to DVD” option:

New: Added option to “ask before opening the disc” to specify the disc region code for removing RCE.

> “Blu-ray to Blu-ray” option:

New: Added support to remove RC, BD-Live and UOPs copy protections. Currently “Full Disc” and “Main Movie” are supported. “Clone” will be supported later.
New: Added option to “ask before opening the disc” to specify the disc region code for removing RC.
Fix: AACS decryption may be wrong is certain cases.

> “DVD to Mobile” option:

New: Updated A/V codecs to latest version.
Fix: LPCM audio stream cannot be converted.
Fix: Subtitle may be rendered badly in some special cases.

> “File to Mobile” option:

New: Updated A/V codecs to latest version.
New: Added support for GPU acceleration for video decoding.
New: Both DXVA and CUDA GPU acceleration are supported, and user can choose which one to be used. Note: you may need update graphic card driver to enable CUDA.
New: Currently only H264/VC1 in M2TS files are supported for GPU acceleration. MKV and other file formats will be supported later.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

This version seems working correct with XviD.

(Fix: XVID encoding slow problem in last beta version.)

Special thanks to Ting :bow::flower:.

The option: “ask before opening the disc” can not change in settings.
If you select e.g. Region 2, still the question appear after new start.
(Region 2 is not remembered)

Not sure if this is your intention.

Thank you

Thank you very much for the update…Great job…:clap::clap:

Thanks Fengtao and Ting.

[QUOTE=Amiga Freak;2294699]
The option: “ask before opening the disc” can not change in settings.
If you select e.g. Region 2, still the question appear after new start.
(Region 2 is not remembered)

Not sure if this is your intention.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
This option appears to be working ok for me…
I have R1 selected and it [I]sticks[/I].

For starters, maybe just try to reinstall the app?

Thanks for the update, especially the Preview fix!

Nicely done…

Thanks!

Will DVD to Mobile have CUDA support in near future?

still crashes during Blu-ray to Blu-ray…I have one Blu-ray drive if it’s selected as target for the write DVDFab just shuts down. I’m testing it writing to a Sony 50GB BD-RE (MID=MEI-T01-01) the write works great if I select ISO as target then use IMGBurn for the write.

The info reported is very limited:
Info for drive [F:] (DVDFab 6.0.1.8)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Blu-ray disc
Volume name: 88927563_SHINING

AACS (Advanced Access Content System) protection is removed!

there’s no report of region code, BD live, or UOP’s ( and BD+ but it’s not supported yet)

I will send disc report for a test only of the report program.

Thanks for the update and hard work!

I’m still experiencing glitchy Preview functionality.
Anyone else still experiencing problems?

The auto play feature does not work.

In order to preview a source, I’m having to drag the slider to the right to actually start the preview option, then hit stop and then start in order to start at the beginning an any particular title

[QUOTE=maineman;2294827]I’m still experiencing glitchy Preview functionality.

In order to preview a source, I’m having to drag the slider to the right to actually start the preview option, then hit stop and then start in order to start at the beginning an any particular title[/QUOTE]

tested that and it is glitchy with dvd, when I first open main movie option it starts fine but if I select another title I also have to play with the slider to get it to start BUT it works fine if I’m previewing a Blu-ray disc.

Version 6.0.1.8 beta the preview in directshow mode using the dvdfab decoder is only giving me sound and no video. Other decoders in my list work fine, and the internal mode is working fine. Have done a clean uninstall as per the forum posts from SJ, the end result is the same. I should also add that all versions after version 5.2.3.2 do the same thing. I have even done a complete reformat of my
hard drive, and the result is the same so there must be a problem with the dvdfab decoder. Thanks for any help you can give me.

well now i got the “slider glitch” and i thought i overcame that by doing a clean uninstall after reproducing it when stormjumper first reported it last beta lol

On last 2 versions 6016 + 6018 preview screen shows “green” tint and not playing properly:(…went back to 6010 and ok.:doh:

@Maineman & riptorn, Re: Preview
The playback–manual and auto–is working fine for me. The GUI is flaky, in that the Play and Stop buttons are invisible until you mouse over them (auto mode only, manual OK). If you have the AnyDVD filters in your registry, try deleting them. My playback with other software (WinDVD 5) was very flaky until I removed them.

//EDIT// Also, DVDFab is not asking for a restart after changes to Preview settings, so you may not be in the mode you selected unless you restart Fab manually.

The preview window is working fine for me and no issue with the Play and Stop buttons being invisible, however there is about 10 sec delay before the preview starts playing after the opening of the disc… which is no big deal.
:cool:

[QUOTE=maineman;2294827]I’m still experiencing glitchy Preview functionality.

In order to preview a source, I’m having to drag the slider to the right to actually start the preview option, then hit stop and then start in order to start at the beginning an any particular title[/QUOTE]
I’m facing exactly the same issue. :sad:

Tried with all the various decoders, but same problem with all of them. I’m running Vista 32.

FENGTAO,THANKS for dvdfab6018b is it possible to insert engine from dvdfab5232 into dvdfab6018. ?? .that would be a good compromise !! just my 2pence worth !

[QUOTE=Jolly-Roger;2294917]FENGTAO,THANKS for dvdfab6018b is it possible to insert engine from dvdfab5232 into dvdfab6018. ?? .that would be a good compromise !! just my 2pence worth ![/QUOTE]

you have a PM :wink:

So this version still won’t do “Madea Goes to Jail”?

[QUOTE=signals;2294885]@Maineman & riptorn, Re: Preview
The playback–manual and auto–is working fine for me. The GUI is flaky, in that the Play and Stop buttons are invisible until you mouse over them (auto mode only, manual OK). If you have the AnyDVD filters in your registry, try deleting them. My playback with other software (WinDVD 5) was very flaky until I removed them.

//EDIT// Also, DVDFab is not asking for a restart after changes to Preview settings, so you may not be in the mode you selected unless you restart Fab manually.[/QUOTE]

same here with “The GUI is flaky, in that the Play and Stop buttons are invisible until you mouse over them (auto mode only, manual OK” no filters according to IMGBurn, the thing is I still have ver. 5.3.2.2 and it works fine, just in ver.6 when i click play it doesn’t bring up the 1st chapter, it shows the last chapter until I just mess with the slider then it starts like it should…no big deal and its probably my fault for messing with the registry :stuck_out_tongue: