DVDFab 6.0.1.0 Crashes Using Customize

I tried to search out a similar issue, but evidently when I type in “DVDFab 6010 crashes using Customize mode” or anything similar, doesn’t bring any hits.
So here goes. I can’t use Customize mode in either 5 or 6. When I do, DVDFab closes and the “send report” window opens.
I have uninstalled both 5 and 6 and then re-installed 6 (I completely removed all traces in the registry) and still it crashes using “customize” mode.
I tried it having Pathplayer always on, use when necessary, and off, still no go.
However, full disk seems to work fine.
I am quite sure this is a common problem so if anyone can point me to a thread I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks
Colin

edit: I am currently burning a copy of “Taken” (full disk). It is region 1 and I don’t have, nor will I more than likely ever use BD.

Does it do this with all movies or just one in particular? I have been using Customize with v6.0.1.0 with no problems. Does the crash happen as soon as you click on Customize or when you click Next or Start?

It happens on all movies and it does it as soon as it finishes reading the disk and as soon as the “next” button appears.

I think I figured out what was happening. In the “preview options” I had it set to use “DVDFab Video Decoder”, I changed it to “ffdshow” and I was able to get it to “next” without crashing.
Sounds like a codec issue (doesn’t surprise me as I have 6 listed).

Colin

Great, glad you found that. You can prevent this temporarily by unchecking the Preview autostart boxe(s) in Common Settings->Preview, at the top of the page or possibly by selecting the Internal instead of DirectShow decoder. Others have reported some problems with Preview in v6.0.1.0, but I think it was audio with no video.

[QUOTE=signals;2284843]Great, glad you found that. You can prevent this temporarily by unchecking the Preview autostart boxe(s) in Common Settings->Preview, at the top of the page or possibly by selecting the Internal instead of DirectShow decoder. Others have reported some problems with Preview in v6.0.1.0, but I think it was audio with no video.[/QUOTE]

Also, some have found that changing decoding from Internal to DirectShow (in Preview) seems to work well.

A litttle bit of experimentation will give you your optimum combo of those.

I’m running v6.0.1.0 in XP Pro SP3 and had to change decoder from Internal to DirectShow to stop the very problem you’re having.

OC

:slight_smile: