DVDFab 6.0.0.2

I was having a problem with an earlier version of DVDFab in that all of a sudden it wouldn’t detect writable media in my DVD writer. The bar would keep going across the screen like it was trying to detect it but 5 min later it still hadn’t detected it. DVDFab told me to install the newest version (6.0.0.2) and after doing that, the registration process (entering the new key) would not work. The program is now totally unusable till DVDFab gets this problem fixed. The new version still would not detect writable media. I am presently not very happy with this program.

[QUOTE=indy runner;2272028]I was having a problem with an earlier version of DVDFab in that all of a sudden it wouldn’t detect writable media in my DVD writer. The bar would keep going across the screen like it was trying to detect it but 5 min later it still hadn’t detected it. DVDFab told me to install the newest version (6.0.0.2) and after doing that, the registration process (entering the new key) would not work. The program is now totally unusable till DVDFab gets this problem fixed. The new version still would not detect writable media. I am presently not very happy with this program.[/QUOTE]

OK…before we start jumping all over DVDFab, let’s establish a few facts.

What media are you trying to have detected?

What drive are you using?

Is its firmware up to date?

What have you tried so far to correct the problem?

Other than this problem, does the drive work OK with other software and your O/S?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

Good questions by Tor…aka…O.C
I would suspect one of two things or even both.
1…Low to poor quality media being used which the drive is unable to detect the write strategy on the blank disc.
2… The drive/burner is on it’s last leg and is unable to detect the write strategy on the blank disc.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2272050]Good questions by Tor…aka…O.C
I would suspect one of two things or even both.
1…Low to poor quality media being used which the drive is unable to detect the write strategy on the blank disc.
2… The drive/burner is on it’s last leg and is unable to detect the write strategy on the blank disc.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts, too…let’s wait and see how he responds.

OC

:slight_smile:

I have had this problem too. I am now trying with Version 6.0.1.0 and it says this. I am using Verbatim DVD-R and have used half a spindle of these with no problems. All of a sudden, it won’t work on my laptop or desktop computer. The laptop drive was just replaced because I dropped the computer. It works find otherwise.