DVDfab 5 Platinum BSOD after ripping and when burning?

I have DVDfab 5 Platinum edition with Mobile. Latest updates have been installed. Last used around November 4th, ripped and burned some DVD’s to DVD’s and also made them into wmv files. This week tried to rip and burn some movies and got the Blue Screen of Death when it started to burn to a DVD, auto restarted and booted back up. Did this with multiple DVD’s. It would rip, eject the DVD asking me to place a blank DVD in tray, upon doing so it would attempt to burn, and within seconds would just flash the BSOD (so fast i couldn’t get anything from it) and restart. I was able to go into my computer find the ripped file, and burn with no problems with DVD Shrink and Decrypter. I am at a loss. :frowning:

[QUOTE=mawoods15;2194858]I have DVDfab 5 Platinum edition with Mobile. Latest updates have been installed. Last used around November 4th, ripped and burned some DVD’s to DVD’s and also made them into wmv files. This week tried to rip and burn some movies and got the Blue Screen of Death when it started to burn to a DVD, auto restarted and booted back up. Did this with multiple DVD’s. It would rip, eject the DVD asking me to place a blank DVD in tray, upon doing so it would attempt to burn, and within seconds would just flash the BSOD (so fast i couldn’t get anything from it) and restart. I was able to go into my computer find the ripped file, and burn with no problems with DVD Shrink and Decrypter. I am at a loss. :([/QUOTE]

From the sounds of it, you probably have a plug-in for one of your programs that has a serious conflict with the VSO burning engine.

You’re gonna have to start looking for the software that is in conflict with the burning engine - since the problem occurs during an attempted burn, and then remove it.

If you find the plug-in, and decide you just can’t live without it, all I can suggest is downloading Imgburn from the web, trying it, and if it works, you’re all set.

If not, you’ll have a decision to make…

O’C

:slight_smile:

Think it could be Daniusoft Media Converter Pro? Its the only thing I’ve added to computer before the problems. I haven’t even opened up the program yet. Much thanks for your help.

Uninstalled Daniusoft Media Converter Pro tried to burn dvd, same problem. Should i reinstall DVDfab?

Could it be that my CD/DVD drive is going bad? I just put in a CD to burn some data (spreadsheets) to and as it was reading, it gave me the Blue screen and restarted the computer. Kinda hoping its just the DVD drive going bad. Any responses welcome.

I am also having problems with the latest build of DVDFAB 5.2.3.0 with BSOD. (Earlier versions are fine!!!) I’m using Imgburn but I’m not sure why its happening. It does the job and as soon as it closes the Imgburn, and dvdfab states it has finished then it crashes the computer. I’m still testing it since its not every time it does it, but I have noticed that since the recent release of dvdfab, it has done the crash. Logfile doesn’t say anything about it crashing (BSOD). Message on computer states it an device driver after restarting, but I know thats not the problem. (Computer has been re-installed recently with the newest drivers). VSO always crashes all of my AMD computers, but not the Intel based ones so I’ll just use imgburn.
So far, the fox product works and also tmpgenc 4.0 with no BSOD.
I am just responding to this since I’m one of the few that has the same problem.

[QUOTE=mawoods15;2195495]Could it be that my CD/DVD drive is going bad? I just put in a CD to burn some data (spreadsheets) to and as it was reading, it gave me the Blue screen and restarted the computer. Kinda hoping its just the DVD drive going bad. Any responses welcome.[/QUOTE]

How old is the Drive?
As cheap as they are now days it would only be a small investment to find out.
Unless you have a friend that has a spare laying around that you can test with.

This sure sounds like a driver conflict.
I think this is what maonstad surmised based on his post.
[B]@ maonstad[/B]…Thanks for posting the info.

Recommend that you uninstall Fab from your rig…keep your reg key someplace safe…several places if your anally retentive like me…:bigsmile:
In device manager, uninstall the patin-couffin driver…all instances of it. You may have multiple installs.

Now I’m not sure if the patin-couffin driver was somehow corrupted or simply bad. You’ll have to check it out.

You can install the latest version of Fab 5.2.3.0 with VSO (patin-coffin driver) and see what happens.

Again, subsequent to all the uninstalls, you can install an older version of Fab with a known stable version of VSO (patin-couffin driver)…
test it, and then if successful…
install version 5.2.3.0, but [B]without[/B] VSO.
Test again.

There are any number of ways to approach this but you get the idea and I need another couple jolts of caffeine…:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, re: the BSOD,
[B]Right click My computer > Lt click Properties > Lt click Advanced > Lt click Startup and Recovery > Untick Automatically restart and tick Write event to the system log [/B](this one should have been ticked on by default anyway).

Hope this helps, let us know…