DVDFAB 5 Mobile issue, help plz?

vbimport

Hi guys, first post so sorry if I’m in the wrong place, feel free to move if need be.

I’m having an issue with DVDFAB 5 Platinum Mobile. I have an N95 and use the included settings for it or iPhone settings, but I like to modify them a bit to see how small I can get the file while still being decent quality. My problem is that the thing works fine, BUT it never gives me an accurate filesize estimate before I start the process, it’s not even close!

Example: I just converted a DVD to mp4, and the estimated filesize was 250MB, but it turned out to be 460 MB! :eek:

Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

Moved to the DVD Fab forum :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=phairest;2082785]Hi guys, first post so sorry if I’m in the wrong place, feel free to move if need be.

I’m having an issue with DVDFAB 5 Platinum Mobile. I have an N95 and use the included settings for it or iPhone settings, but I like to modify them a bit to see how small I can get the file while still being decent quality. My problem is that the thing works fine, BUT it never gives me an accurate filesize estimate before I start the process, it’s not even close!

Example: I just converted a DVD to mp4, and the estimated filesize was 250MB, but it turned out to be 460 MB! :eek:

Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hello Phairest and welcome to the forum. I have experienced the same thing and here is what I [U]think[/U], so take it for what it’s worth. I think the file size estimate is based on the smallest frame resolution and a single pass. If you use a larger screen resolution or multiple passes, all bets are off on the file size estimate.