DVDFab 5 GUI Problem

I recently made the mistake of removing everything from the ‘Options to Display’ list in the box under the ‘Customize UI’ tab in ‘Common Settings’. Now when I start DVD Fab (unregistered version) I get the box that asks me if I want to start DVD Fab or register the product, but when I click to start DVD Fab the box goes away and the program does not launch. I do not get an error message just the window disappears.

I’ve tried stormtroopers clean uninstall of DVD Fab for Windows XP (I run windows xp pro sp2) but this did not help. I found on this forum a work around of creating a new account and running the program on that, and this did work but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get it working on the old account (which is my Administrator account).

It is [B]StormJumper[/B] and if you used the 30 day trial then that is why the program doesn’t start, the guides do not give the data location of files to remove so you can receive another 30 day trial

SJ, can you control or set a specific dma level. In other words, if Ultra DMA Mode 5 is the highest level to set a drive or CD drive to, is there a way to hard wire your drives to that setting?

My CD drives are set to Multi-Word DMA Mode 2.

The multi-word part is not mentioned in your guide.

[quote=drewp;2194620]SJ, can you control or set a specific dma level. In other words, if Ultra DMA Mode 5 is the highest level to set a drive or CD drive to, is there a way to hard wire your drives to that setting?

The multi-word part is not mentioned in your guide.[/quote]
AFAIK the drive itself has to support DMA 5 which will state that a 80 wire IDE cable is needed to achieve it but you can help the data transfer for DMA 2 by using an 80 wire IDE cable instead of a 40 wire IDE cable

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2194624]AFAIK the drive itself has to support DMA 5 which will state that a 80 wire IDE cable is needed to achieve it but you can help the data transfer for DMA 2 by using an 80 wire IDE cable instead of a 40 wire IDE cable[/QUOTE]

Yup, That’s the truth… a combo of Windows and your system BIOS control the DMA level for your devices - it’s not user adjustable.

P.S. before you try an 80 wire IDE cable, check the drive specs and make sure it’ll support it - otherwise may cause problems…

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=drewp;2194620]SJ, can you control or set a specific dma level. In other words, if Ultra DMA Mode 5 is the highest level to set a drive or CD drive to, is there a way to hard wire your drives to that setting?

The multi-word part is not mentioned in your guide.[/QUOTE]Are these CD drives or DVD drives? If they are DVD drives try using the reset DMA in DVDFab settings.