DVDFab 5 and Mulholland Drive

vbimport

I tried to copy Mulholland Drive and it only recognizes 15 MB which is the entire “menu” content of the disc but nothing else. This DVD plays fine in the players, on my computer and yet Dvdfab can’t see past 15 MB of it, anyone know why? I even figured let’s let it rip maybe it will correct itself on the rip and it completes in 45 seconds and then you play and all you get are the menus and NO CONTENT. What’s going on? I thought this problem was brought up and resolved after v3?

I would have to have the disc or the files to see, but I doubt this a protection problem. Is this a new version ?

disable pathplayer :slight_smile:

@alan1476

nope, not new.

@troy512

pathplayer is NOT enabled. Only set to enable when necessary and it never prompted me to enable it.

any ideas?

Let me if I can find the disc, if I can reproduce the problem, maybe I can find a way around it.:wink: It could just be dirty or a scratch or something. Hard to tell without more information.

ive seen pathplayer cause this with older films or kids movies. try enabling pathplayer. :confused: also adjust pathplayer settings by moving the sliders to the left.

i thought i had this dvd but i cant find it. :frowning:

I would appreciate that because this is new disc and has absolutely no blemish on it and the players on my computer and traditional both read it just fine.

[quote=troy512;2068772]ive seen pathplayer cause this with older films or kids movies. try enabling pathplayer. :confused: also adjust pathplayer settings by moving the sliders to the left.

i thought i had this dvd but i cant find it. :([/quote]

Didn’t you tell me to disable it last time? :wink: Just kidding, I’ll give it a shot.

Sometimes you have to disable it or enable it on certain movies as I have seen this before when I had PP enable when necessary checked

[QUOTE=Guardian666;2068713]I tried to copy Mulholland Drive and it only recognizes 15 MB which is the entire “menu” content of the disc but nothing else. This DVD plays fine in the players, on my computer and yet Dvdfab can’t see past 15 MB of it, anyone know why? I even figured let’s let it rip maybe it will correct itself on the rip and it completes in 45 seconds and then you play and all you get are the menus and NO CONTENT. What’s going on? I thought this problem was brought up and resolved after v3?[/QUOTE]

I cannot find my original disk (which was 16X9), but it did copy without problem, this was before pathplayer was introduced, so maybe if you have older copies of dvdfab (w/o pathplayer) it would work, otherwise I do not see why it will not copy anymore, my backup disk has an unplayable cell in it which shows up in the info window. see attachment. sorry i do not have any ideas.

I will confirm that the Region 1 disc shows only 15MB with PathPlayer enabled or Enabled when necessary. Disabling PP allows the disc to be read properly.

The Region 2 disc does not have a problem with PP.

Should Fengtao take a look at these IFO’s? Or is this considered normal behavior on some DVD’s? I know it is common behavior, but is it considered not a bug?

Thank you everyone for your help but here is some weird information that might even help the developers figure out why its doing it or not.

I checked to have PathPlayer disabled and then restarted the app and it still showed the same, so being disappointed I decided to do it with it enabled like another user suggested and then restarted and sure enough it did not work and still showed 15. So far not TOO weird but here is the weird part. I went back in there and disabled it (even though I usually have it set to when necessary) and it asks you to restart and I did and VIOLA out of freakin nowhere it sees the whole disc.

What the hell happened there? I love the software, don’t get me wrong but aren’t we maybe adding the features faster than we can keep track of them and stabilize them and we are creating bugs? Anyway for now it worked and its done and since this was my first issue with any movie, I am going to cross my fingers it doesn’t happen again. :slight_smile:

thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions.

that is sorta strange. :confused: oh well if it works it works. :slight_smile:

personally i have pathplayer always enabled ( with default settings ) unless there is a problem. then i will disable pathplayer for just that one disc. :slight_smile:

[quote=troy512;2069162]that is sorta strange. :confused: oh well if it works it works. :slight_smile:

personally i have pathplayer always enabled ( with default settings ) unless there is a problem. then i will disable pathplayer for just that one disc. :)[/quote]

Yeah, weird doesn’t begin to cover it. I never mess with the pathplayer and leave it to the default it comes with and never an issue, not too much at least. But this was BIZARRE to say the least.

Working is working I guess but a bit of predictability, stability or understanding of what is going on might work better for me since I am a developer myself and curious by nature. I like to know what make things tick and why things do what they do.

O.T. I like your avatar! I retired from Uncle Sams Misguided Children myself.

JMO, but, I dislike PP set to enable when necessary…not sure why this is the default setting.
When the app screws up, you’re never quite sure as to why and what happened. Did PP activate?..etc., etc.

I prefer to be in control rather than the software…I guess in similar fashion to choosing the burn speed…I hate “recommended”.
Personally, I have it always enabled. On the rare occasion, it fails to analyze, I disable it…
I can’t recall a failure with this method.
I also tried always disabled, but I prefer always enabled.

Again, just my 2 cents, not trying to tell you what to do

I like yours too, gunny? 7 years spec ops, shot, stabbed, beaten, tortured and what takes me out you ask? lymphoma. Pathetic huh? O4 and got O5 honorary in 2005 when my CO got ambushed and killed in Tikrit. I still consult with CI but mandatory retired on medical in 2000. Jarhead, leatherneck, devil dog or jerk, we respond all the same, Semper Fi.

[quote=maineman;2069232]JMO, but, I dislike PP set to enable when necessary…not sure why this is the default setting.
When the app screws up, you’re never quite sure as to why and what happened. Did PP activate?..etc., etc.

I prefer to be in control rather than the software…I guess in similar fashion to choosing the burn speed…I hate “recommended”.
Personally, I have it always enabled. On the rare occasion, it fails to analyze, I disable it…
I can’t recall a failure with this method.
I also tried always disabled, but I prefer always enabled.

Again, just my 2 cents, not trying to tell you what to do[/quote]

Agreed, I like to know what goes on and have some control and be given the intelligence to decide what works best. I have now disabled PP for this problem, resolve for now somehow. Will put it back to where it was before and I do not use the Recommended either, it somehow manages to screw with the quality of the copy, always at 4x even if a bit slow, more compatible with third party players. Works for me. Just my two cents.

Lymphoma, that stinks. It has to be a really low blow! Semper Fi!

I retired quite a while ago so I did not get to see much of the middle east but I did spend some time in South East Asia in 68-69.

@Guardian666,

Yeah, that really stinks.
God Bless you man and thanks for all that you did and gave.

@DaGeekster,

Same to you my friend, God Bless and thank you