DVDFab 5 and "Igor"

Has anyone had any success in copyin the DVD “Igor”? I am using DVD Fab HD Decrypter, version 5.2.3.2.

I am running Windows Vista, and “Igor” gets to about 50% decrypted when I get a copy protection error and it asks if I want to restart with PathPlayer.

No matter which answer I choose here, DVD Fab 5 freezes solid and stops responding. In fact, when I selected to use PathPlayer it invoked the first BSOD I have seen under Windows Vista.

I’ve tried disabling PathPlayer in the Options section too and restarting, but it still freezes at the same point.

So far, isolated to this movie only. I’ve successfully copied recent movies (Wall-E, Dark Knight) without a problem.

Any ideas, appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like a badly pressed disk. Remember that just because a disk will play in a stand alone player does not mean it will copy. Copying and playing are two completely different processes. Can you exchange the disk for a different one?

[quote=irish1982e;2237548]Has anyone had any success in copyin the DVD “Igor”? I am using DVD Fab HD Decrypter, version 5.2.3.2.

I am running Windows Vista, and “Igor” gets to about 50% decrypted when I get a copy protection error and it asks if I want to restart with PathPlayer.

No matter which answer I choose here, DVD Fab 5 freezes solid and stops responding. In fact, when I selected to use PathPlayer it invoked the first BSOD I have seen under Windows Vista.

I’ve tried disabling PathPlayer in the Options section too and restarting, but it still freezes at the same point.

So far, isolated to this movie only. I’ve successfully copied recent movies (Wall-E, Dark Knight) without a problem.

Any ideas, appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]
Sounds like you have PathPlayer set as"Enable PathPlayer when necessary", which as a known issue with some DVD structures.
Go into common settings->PathPlayer and set it as “Always enabled”

Could be a bad pressing, not sure.

But changing the PathPlayer setting didn’t help. DVD Fab 5 gets to 50.06% and then stops responding.

[quote=irish1982e;2237774]Could be a bad pressing, not sure.

But changing the PathPlayer setting didn’t help. DVD Fab 5 gets to 50.06% and then stops responding.[/quote]
Have you tried with PathPlayer “Disabled” ?, also I remember a while back DVDFab had an issue with the layer break on a movie title…can’t which movie title that was but if I remeber right the layer break had to be left intact (not removed).
Not saying it is the problem but you may want to check that out if you have it set to be removed.

My pal SJ will never steer you wrong. But if you want to see if the disk is bad you can go here: http://cdspeed2000.com/ and get the free download of Nero Speed Disk and scan the surface. At least you would know for sure.

Thanks all. Still no joy, but appreciate the feedback. Have tried all settings for PathPLayer, but DVD Fab 5 still stops responding at just over 50%.

Will try the previous posters suggestion for scanning the disk for poetntial errors.

[quote=irish1982e;2237799]Thanks all. Still no joy, but appreciate the feedback. Have tried all settings for PathPLayer, but DVD Fab 5 still stops responding at just over 50%.

Will try the previous posters suggestion for scanning the disk for poetntial errors.[/quote]
Must be a bad disc as I did this movie with no problems using the version you have. My setting for pathplayer is always enabled and I never change that setting

Hello
Not sure if it will help, but I had something simular. In the settings under read, it was set on Auto. I had to change that to ASPI.