DVDFab 5.3.2.0 takes FOREVER to run

Hi!

I have tried troubleshooting this but haven’t made any headway. I can launch Fab but it’s after I have the open DVD Source that it just sits continues to run, you see the progress bar continuously moving from left to right. Eventually, it will finish but in HOURS not seconds. Then, it’s no problem, the ripper starts and off it goes. No problem.

I’ve replicated this multiple times, also I have the Platinum version. This used to work great for me when it was an older version but now it’s killin me! I’ve waited up to 3-4 hours for it to FINALLY open up the DVD. Meanwhile, things are pretty much locked up on the PC, can’t open anything because it just seems to be in this endless cycle. I’ve tried to kill the processes in Task Monster but that’s pointless. It stays in memory. Yes, I’ve run A/V and installed a new firewall just to make sure it wasn’t a Virus. In the end, a reboot is necessary and it’s a hard reboot too. Tried the clean uninstall as well, going into the Reg and blowing it out there/

I’m running WinXP SP3 on a Celeron 2.5 Ghz w/ 3 Gigs RAM, the burner is a SATA Pioneer DVR-212D (just updated the firmware yesterday to 1.28) and I’ve got it connected via a Silicon Images SATA Raid Card.

You know, the old version works just great, I have that running on an old XP box for testing and it cuts through the DVD like a hot knife through butter. But 5.2.3.0 is just brutal. My buddy has a likewise setup and he’s experiencing the same problems, buggy. Sorry, but this is really making me unhappy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best Regards,

Matty

Maybe I have over looked it…but have you tried resetting you drive to DMA ?, if not go into common settings–>General and click on the Reset DMA button at the buttom :wink:

Every configuration is different, I am running A Q9550 with a Gigabyte GAX48 DS5 Mobo in ACHI Mode and a Sil680 card and have no problems, I am also running Vista Ultimate 64bit, somehow I doubt your problems are with DVD Fab , it sounds like a software conflict, maybe your A/V or something like that. Try installing the trial V on another computer and see if you have the same issue, then you will know its a software or hardware problem. We would have heard more of this if it was a FAB issue. Please get back to me and I will try and help you.

;)[quote=StormJumper;2205121]Maybe I have over looked it…but have you tried resetting you drive to DMA ?, if not go into common settings–>General and click on the Reset DMA button at the bottom ;)[/quote] It could be a DMA issue but I doubt it, if its happening on his friends computer also with same configuration, but you may be correct because he said he just flashed a new firmware also, its hard to figure these things out sometimes with so many different configurations. :wink:

not sure what version this guy is talking about. I was using 5.2.3.0. Successfully ripped Narnia and Juncture to the hdd in about 10 mins each. Then I got a popup about 5.2.3.2. So I upgraded and tried to rip The Good Life. The rip started at 2am Saturday. It’s still running and says it has 20 hours left. It’s currently copying at 0.02/Kps. I can see activity on the Drive light as well. DMA is enabled.

hmmmm, went back to 5230 to copy this movie… I am doing this cuz I just fine tuned the Jacket_P process so it works with my TV and DVD player…and so I am recopying a lot of movies to include Jacket_Ps. So even 5230 is taking forever with The Good Life.

Anyone have an older version? 5223 or 5226 would be nice.

Storm, I gave that DMA reset a try and ran another burn. Same thing, no difference. As drewp mentioned, it’s the identical or very similar situation. I concur w/ Alan’s assessment that these are indeed difficult to troubleshoot w/ HW SW. But, the common denominator is going up to the newer version of DVDFab. I’d like to try rolling back but no longer have an older copy. At least that way, I can use it. If I upgrade it on my old system, who’s to say that one won’t have a problem. If you would be so kind, I’d like an older copy please. Thanks

Send me a PM(privite message) with your email address and the older version you would like,…PLEASE don’t post your email address in a threads because this will lead you to receiving un-wanted spam :eek:

[B]icarius[/B]
You’ve got Mail :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=icarius;2205205]Storm, I gave that DMA reset a try and ran another burn. Same thing, no difference. As drewp mentioned, it’s the identical or very similar situation. I concur w/ Alan’s assessment that these are indeed difficult to troubleshoot w/ HW SW. But, the common denominator is going up to the newer version of DVDFab. I’d like to try rolling back but no longer have an older copy. At least that way, I can use it. If I upgrade it on my old system, who’s to say that one won’t have a problem. If you would be so kind, I’d like an older copy please. Thanks[/QUOTE]

There’s one other common denominator you’ve not mentioned… the film itself. (The one you’re trying to copy).

If you are satisfied that the DVD is OK and not scratched, dirty, or otherwise read-impaired, send copies of the IFOs to Fengtao for analysis - there may be a copy protection that is foxing your system.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Also have you tried with Path Player enabled and then with it off as I have seen the same problem in other threads where Path Player was the problem either by having it on or off for some movies where it would just keep on trying to open the source and take forever to open

[B]icarius[/B]
You’ve got Mail :bigsmile: [B]again[/B] :wink: gmail that is :bigsmile: