DVDFab 5.3.0.6 Crashes when reading

DVDFab 5.3.0.6 crashes and shuts down if I have Region 1 of “The Birds” in the drive. I get the following Microsoft Error Message;

"DVDFab – The ultimate DVD
Copying/converting/burning software! Has
Stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available."

I am not able to do a thing with this disc. I soon as I put it in the movie in the drive, DVDFab starts to read it and then I get the error message.

Try:

1. Disable PathPlayer
  2. Turn off Preview auto-start
  3. Turn off read ahead cache

Does windows explorer see all the files on the disc?

DING DING DING we have a winner!!!

The answer is Disable PathPlayer.

No problem now. Thanks.
This is the first time I see this, I had is enable all the time as the defualt.

It happens randomly with path player on or off i have found.

When DVDFab scans the blu ray i simply stop it before it crashes.

Then everything is ok.

[quote=DREAMLINER;2239882]DING DING DING we have a winner!!!

The answer is Disable PathPlayer.

No problem now. Thanks.
This is the first time I see this, I had is enable all the time as the defualt.[/quote]This happens sometimes with old discs or ones with odd authoring. Don’t forget to set PathPlayer back to the Always Enable mode. It will solve far more problems than it causes. You can always disable it if you find the odd disc that won’t analyze correctly.

[QUOTE=signals;2239973]This happens sometimes with old discs or ones with odd authoring. Don’t forget to set PathPlayer back to the Always Enable mode. It will solve far more problems than it causes. You can always disable it if you find the odd disc that won’t analyze correctly.[/QUOTE]
Good Point, since I already forgot to enable it again. :clap:

[QUOTE=signals;2239879]Try:

1. Disable PathPlayer
  2. Turn off Preview auto-start
  3. Turn off read ahead cache

Does windows explorer see all the files on the disc?[/QUOTE]

I have a similar problem when trying to make a back up of a DVD-R recorded from TIVO with an attached DVD recorder. The DVD-R begins to open and then DVDFab 5 closes. I’m recording from an internal DVD drive to an external, but it does it with either drive. I’ve updated DVDFab and tried to follow your suggestions, but it still closes. I wasn’t sure which you meant about turning off the Preview auto start. My options are: Show preview automatically and play selected source automatically. I tried turning each off and both without change. Can you make a suggestion? :bow: