DVDFab 5.2.3.2 Shutting Down

What causes Fab to just shut down after a pass or two of a disc?

Specifically a burned / backup disc?

It makes almost two full passes at “open” dvd then just shuts down…

Has happened before, but very rare…

any ideas?

[quote=BukowskiSoul;2228270]What causes Fab to just shut down after a pass or two of a disc?

Specifically a burned / backup disc?

It makes almost two full passes at “open” dvd then just shuts down…

Has happened before, but very rare…

any ideas?[/quote]
Open DVDFab and go into common settings-> PathPlayer and set it as "Disabled"
althpugh have never had this happen on a backup copy so maybe run a scan on this problematic disc using nero cd speed

Good call, StormJumper! Thanks for the tip! That fixed it for me.

In my case it was a store-bought “Hermie & Friends” DVD for my kids. Only one in the entire series caused the problem. All the others have worked great.

By the way, what is the PathPlayer for anyway? Just curious. Thanks again, StormJumper!

-Peter

[quote=calipete;2238314]Good call, StormJumper! Thanks for the tip! That fixed it for me.

In my case it was a store-bought “Hermie & Friends” DVD for my kids. Only one in the entire series caused the problem. All the others have worked great.

By the way, what is the PathPlayer for anyway? Just curious. Thanks again, StormJumper!

-Peter[/quote]
Hi Peter
You are welcome :slight_smile:
PathPlayer basically uses the same technology the standalone DVD players uses to defier the structure of the content that is found on the DVDs which also allows DVDFab find and remove hidden protection that would prevent you from making a copy using your drive on your computer :cool:
Course this is only my .02 cents on this, BUT hey it sounds good :bigsmile:

[quote=StormJumper;2238319]Hi Peter
You are welcome :slight_smile:
PathPlayer basically uses the same technology the standalone DVD players uses to defier the structure of the content that is found on the DVDs which also allows DVDFab find and remove hidden protection that would prevent you from making a copy using your drive on your computer :cool:
Course this is only my .02 cents on this, BUT hey it sounds good :bigsmile:[/quote]
sorry about this->defier
should have been ->decipher :doh:
oh well was never my best subject :bigsmile: