DVDFab 5.2.3.0

Hi
I’m Linda
I just purchased the DVDFab 5.2.3.0 version. I installed and put the key that was provided and the trial version would not upgrade to the above one. I did the copy, paste thing with the code and still the same thing. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again 3x with still the same problem. I did email the support group. One of the options was to ask this group for help…sooo
HELP…what have I done wrong?
XP home SP3
thank you for being here…
Linda

Linda, I’ve moved your thread to the DVDFAb forum where I’m sure you’ll get better help.

[QUOTE=lbarnes8318;2205837]Hi
I’m Linda
I just purchased the DVDFab 5.2.3.0 version. I installed and put the key that was provided and the trial version would not upgrade to the above one. I did the copy, paste thing with the code and still the same thing. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again 3x with still the same problem. I did email the support group. One of the options was to ask this group for help…sooo
HELP…what have I done wrong?
XP home SP3
thank you for being here…
Linda[/QUOTE]

Two possible ways of handling this. First, when you purchased the progam, there should have been an e-mail sent to you, with an attachment.

Just double-click on the attachment, and that should solve the problem.

Just in case that doesn’t work, take the e-mail itself, which has your key # enclosed by asterisks (**), copy and paste the number, highlight [B]JUST[/B] the number (NOT the asterisks), into the ‘Enter Registration Key’ area in the ‘About’ screen. (click the question mark on the blue disc to locate ‘About’, click it, and you’ll see where it has to go).

Good Luck and Happy Copying!

O’C

:slight_smile:

o canada… I purchased both the plat. dvdfab and mob. option received the registration key which was just a bunch of gobbledeegook however double clicked on the emailed key and it worked . Left it for a couple of weeks , came back and it said my free trial had expired , no problem went back and downloaded the reg. key again and once again it started working , however I was reading one of your posts and you referred to the “about” file as being able to tell you what you have so I went there myname followed by anumber under liscensee, date purchased, and the programs. I thought the number might be the reg. key and I tried entering it in at the top of the page because I had only the title "reg. key " in that box aftern entering the number it came back invalid re. key. To make a long story longer to date I have received the reg. keys in attach. and have installed them but I have never physically seen a reg. key to be able to enter it on the about file. where do I find it, or I can see myself going through this every month . any comments appreciated.

The reg key numbers and the attachment will come in an email the reg key looks like a bunch of gibberish (don’t copy the * at the front and back of the gibberish) and then paste it in the reg numbers box or else download the attachment to your computer someplace then all you have to do is double click on the attachment and it will reg. your program

For the life of me there has to ba a better way! I can highlight the gibberish but when I go to paste it in the about page it disappears. I guess I need more basic instructions, sorry for the trouble! Like I said before I have everything on the about page except the reg key blank but everywhere else it says I am the lisencee and that I am the registered user I guess my question now is it really necessary to fill in that one blank in about??? thanks for your time it is much appreciated.

No not as long as it is reg to you. also on the about page you will see the reg tab on the upper left hand corner you have to double click on that to open up the reg page

Went to the about page clicked on it and lo and behold there was the reg key asked to and DONE! Unbelieveable before when I went there I was able to delete the words and tried typing in the number beside my name but that other window never came open . Anyway it’s done can’t thank you enough!!!