DvdFab 5.2.3.0 - Windows 7

I just installed Windows 7 Beta and everything - literally everything works, except for DVDFAB. Any ideas? Thanks.

Without knowing more about the newest version of windows it is hard to answer that, don’t even know systems layout or configurations :frowning: or the security settings

Windows 7 just seems like a less bloated, more stable and much faster version of Vista. As for my system, it’s really not relevant in this case because it worked with Vista. However, here is the info: 64bit OS, Core 2 Quad clocked at 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR2 Dual Channel RAM, WD Raptor 10000RPM 150GB SATAfor OS, 2 x 300GB SATA for Data, 512MB PCI Express GeForce 9600GT, Memorex DL DVDRW. As for the security settings, only AVG AV, and Hardware FW. Any ideas? Thanks.

Windows 7 beta Build 7000 32-bit Fab 5.2.3.0 works fine, must be 64-bit issue.

WOW windows 7, I wouldn’t touch that for at least a year or so, look what happened to Vista and how that mess turned out, But some have had great results with Vista and some haven’t. Just my 1 cents worth

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2194181]WOW windows 7, I wouldn’t touch that for at least a year or so, look what happened to Vista and how that mess turned out, But some have had great results with Vista and some haven’t. Just my 1 cents worth[/QUOTE]
I have 5 laptops to play with so I play alot… lol

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Atta boy Jethro with that many you must like to play :D:D:D

I see you are getting some help that good so I will step out of the help on this one.

But before I go just want you to know …when asking for help for a software for a specified operating system it is [B]relevant[/B] :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a nice day :flower:

Yeah… must be a 64bit issue. I hope Fengtao addresses this in the next beta.

[QUOTE=svenbernitt;2195192]Yeah… must be a 64bit issue. I hope Fengtao addresses this in the next beta.[/QUOTE]
Not that you need additional confirmation, but I’m having no problems with Windows 7 - 32 bit and Fab

I’m using Windows 7 64bit and DVDfab installed fine. The only issue I have at this time is DVD to Mobile, XBOX360 doesn’t work. It just creates a 0 byte file.

Haven’t tried DVD to Mobile yet, But DVDFab 5.230 is running fine in my Win 7 64 bit install.

hi,

I’m using Windows 7 64bit and DVDfab installed fine. The only issue I have at this time is DVD to Mobile, XBOX360 doesn’t work. It just creates a 0 byte file.

We have not install Windows7 to test, but convert to Xbox360 need Windows Media Player install, any error message about this ?

I get the below error when I try to copy dvd to xbox360 format using Win7 and DVD Fab 5.2.3.0 and beta 5.3.0.0

> 21:07:06: Task 1
> 21:07:06: Source( D:\VIDEO_TS\ )
> 21:07:06: Video( Title=1, Angle=0, PlayTime=02:08:07, Chapter=1-44, AspectRatio=16:9 )
> 21:07:06: Audio( [80h] English AC-3/6 )
> 21:07:06: Conversion: one pass begin…
> 21:07:06: Task_1 failed! Error=4(501 18 -1072886856)
> 21:07:07: Process completed successfully!
> captcha: rnqdx>

I have been running Windows 7 64 bit for two weeks now without any problems using DVDFab Platinum on regular DVDs. Haven’t tried with Blue-Ray yet.
Ripping and encoding 2 hour movies in lass then 25 minutes.
Asus motherboard with Nvidia chipset and newest beta drivers for windows 7, AMD 64 X2 6000+ processor.

@Kenriv = HOW DOES THAT HELP ME???

Has ANYONE got this to WORK?? Win7 + DVDFAB + DVD to Xbox360

Once this works I can ditch VISTA FOREVER!!!

I have EXACTLY the same problem, specifically with the Xbox rip. Has anyone tried the 5.3 Beta with Win 7? It looks as though it’s got a new VSO burn engine.

I’m to much of a fraidy cat to try it. I’ve reinstalled Windows too many times already this year…

[quote=redbeard909;2239287]I have EXACTLY the same problem, specifically with the Xbox rip. Has anyone tried the 5.3 Beta with Win 7? It looks as though it’s got a new VSO burn engine.

I’m to much of a fraidy cat to try it. I’ve reinstalled Windows too many times already this year…[/quote]

Same results with the 5.3 beta. :frowning:

Yeah, it’s still fubar for XBox.
I just tried it with win 7 with both 5.2.3.2 and 5.3.0.6 Beta and I get the same error.
BTW, both versions work just fine for win 7 and Ipod conversions.
Luckily for me, no one in my family has an XBox.

Is it my imagination or has XBox generally been the most problematic of all the conversion profiles?
Looks like Ting will have to do some tweaking.

Here’s a screenshot:

I’ve been emailing back and forth with support since March 2nd about this issue. They have yet to answer the simple question, have you been able to get any version of dvdfab, dvd to xbox work with Windows7. Below is the latest mail from support:

[I]Hi, Please check at our forum http://docs.dvdfab.com/ Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us. Sincerely,Ada FangDVDIdle Support Team [/I]

I checked there and dont see anything about this issue. Matter of fact at the link provided by Ada, dvd to xbox is missing under the dvd to mobile section…

Wish someone with support woudl be honest and let us know wtf is up. Win7 beta has been out for 3 months now and still no beta bits to test… LAME