DVDFab 5.2.2.6 Beta is out

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.2.2.6 Beta is out (January 8, 2009):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5226Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.2.2.6 Beta (January 8, 2009)
New: Added support for new copy protections.
Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

This version should fix the problems with “Bangkok Dangerous” (US) and “Disaster Movie” (US).

5.2.2.5 Beta (January 7, 2009)
New: Updated VSO burning engine.
New: Increased conversion speed for “DVD to Mobile” greatly. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A freeze problem when converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD like “Sleeping Beauty”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks fengtao and I had no problem with them 2 movies but I am in Canada

There are at least 3 versions of “Bangkok Dangerous”, maybe your Canada version has no latest protection.

It the flipper disc and it never gave a problem for anyone.

Just did a backup with this beta and it worked great,
Thanks Fengtao for the great job :clap::clap::clap:

Was experiencing the problems backing up Bangkok Dangerous [single-sided version] as well as Righteous Kill. Had tried DVDFab 5.2.0.0, 5.2.2.2, & 2.2.2.5 with no luck. I even tried the abort/abort/ignoreall options in another thread.

Downloaded DVDFab 5.2.2.6 and uninstalled all previous versions of DVDFab including the prefetch, “application data”, and “My Documents” folders/files along with registry entries and then installed 5.2.2.6. [instructions located in StormJumper’s signature]

Successfully analyzed and ripped both movies to hard drive on first try simultaneously from two separate drives.

**** NOTE: Once I rip the movie to the hard drive, I use TitleWriter to write the movie title and series [if its a sequel] or actor name to the DVD_Text. I do this cuz I have a Sony DVD Jukebox and when I use DVD Fab to burn the movie folder to disc, DVD Fab removes the DVD_Text. This occurs even if I use Imgburn engine instead of the built in VSO. I have to exit DVD Fab altogether and then open ImgBurn and burn the Movie folder to disc that way in order to retain the DVD_Text data. This will be a nice feature to add

I am currently burning Bangkok Dangerous to disc. I did notice a difference in size of the video_ts folder of this movie. The ripped version on my hard drive was ~600 mb smaller than the version on the original DVD. The difference was in 4 files [vts_01_5, vts_22_1, vts_21_1 & vts_20_1.vobs]. And finally the video_ts.vob file was missing from the movie folder on my hard drive. That folder had only 89 files where as the original dvd disc’s video_ts folder had 90 files.

Will post later the results of the burn and whether there is any choppiness.

The Backed up copy is prestine! No choppiness whatsoever! DVD_Text intact using ImgBurn and jacket_p folder.

I’m happy! Thanks, fengtao. Your prog is awesome.

Thanks Fengtao great job!!!Got Bangkok Dangerous to go on Full Disc first time fixing to burn.

Edit…The Burn went smooth and it looked great!

Thank you for all your hard work…Great job!!! Best Regards…Bob…

Holey moley this one’s fast! It cut my dvd->mobile time down to a quarter of before.

Nice!

Thanks Fengtao

As smooth as silk

However mayeth I profess mine love for thee?! :slight_smile:

You make our lives so sweet,

peace

I need a little help here ?
Tried to download and my anti virus program blocked it.
Says Infected file Location: rewrite[1].htm
Threat name Mal Hifrm.
Has a virus program attached itself to this download ?

I am sure it’s a false read from your virus program.
Try again and let us know what happens.

Fengtao, you’re awesome.
Ipod conversions are much faster.

Just tried the [I]problematic[/I], single-sided, Bangkok.
Like a hot knife through soft butter!
:cool:

[quote=macwho;2192396]I need a little help here ?
Tried to download and my anti virus program blocked it.
Says Infected file Location: rewrite[1].htm
Threat name Mal Hifrm.
Has a virus program attached itself to this download ?[/quote]
If you are using McAfee you are getting a false report,also if it is McAfee you must be running an out data database because this issue with that anti-virus product was corrected by McAfee few months back.

Have a nice day :flower:

Thank you so much!
Your hard work is so much appreciated!
Words can not describe it!
Keep doing what you’re doing!!!

Sincerely,
LB

thanks i will give it a try soon

Thanx Fengtao, speedy turnaround much appreciated.

FYI, I had to uninstall previous version on Vista 64 to work. I also deleted DVDFab folder and in Program files too. After clean install all worked well for Bangkok in USA.

Working great. You guys rock!!