Dvdfab 5.2.2.2

vbimport

I just install DVDFAB 5.2.2.2, and I’m having problem coping a old movie just release on DVD, Dona Flor and the 2 hunbands. Any tips.

Thank you.
Rada

[quote=Radaniel;2187207]I just install DVDFAB 5.2.2.2, and I’m having problem coping a old movie just release on DVD, Dona Flor and the 2 hunbands. Any tips.

Thank you.
Rada[/quote]
Tip 1…Set PathPlayer as "Always enabled"
Tip 2…Make sure your drive/reader/burner is in DMA mode (not PIO)
:cool:

For me CARS was crashing DvdFab 5.2.2.2 with “always enable path player” selected.

When I selected “enable path player when necessary” CARS loads up just fine.

Who knows? Try it, see if it helps.

[quote=Fredz;2187260]For me CARS was crashing DvdFab 5.2.2.2 with “always enable path player” selected.

When I selected “enable path player when necessary” CARS loads up just fine.

Who knows? Try it, see if it helps.[/quote]
I know I have very bad vision!! now I’m starting to see double :eek:
thought I saw this in another post/thread :confused:
LOL :bigsmile:
Only pulling your chain :wink: Happy New Year :flower:

How about plan B? I followed your instructions and it thinks it created a good disk, but when putting the disk back in the PC it gave me a blue screen of death. After rebooting and fixing my RAID I tried to plan the disk and it was full of video and audio problems…it appeared as if continued use of the disk would once again crash the system.

The read easily took 2-3X as long as with a “normal” DVD.

Thanks,

Viv

[quote=vividere;2188225]How about plan B? I followed your instructions and it thinks it created a good disk, but when putting the disk back in the PC it gave me a blue screen of death. After rebooting and fixing my RAID I tried to plan the disk and it was full of video and audio problems…it appeared as if continued use of the disk would once again crash the system.

The read easily took 2-3X as long as with a “normal” DVD.

Thanks,

Viv[/quote]
Your first post here in this thread without asking for help or giving info on your problem and you start off with [B]“How about plan B” :eek:[/B]
nice to know you too [B]:([/B] have a nice day [B]:flower:[/B]

1. I asked for help by asking for plan B.

2. I fairly well described the problem and I thanked you in advance.

Not sure what else I could have done than I did.

As an aside, I burned another backup copy and this time I get the opening FBI warning, the studios title, then nothing but a black screen, however the music/audio plays. The slider showing where you are in the video doesn’t even appear and if you click in that area it blinks and goes away.

Apparently this isn’t a popular title as it seems there are only two of us who have tried to back it up so far.

Viv

[quote=vividere;2188478]1. I asked for help by asking for plan B.

1. I fairly well described the problem and I thanked you in advance.

As an aside, I burned another backup copy and this time I get the opening FBI warning, the studios title, then nothing but a black screen, however the music/audio plays. The slider showing where you are in the video doesn’t even appear and if you click in that area it blinks and goes away.

Apparently this isn’t a popular title as it seems there are only two of us who have tried to back it up so far.

Viv[/quote]
Sorry my bad vision acting up again :flower:
anyway the opening FBI warning can be removed by selecting a setting in common settings, have you tried ripping to the HDD ? also if enabling PathPlayer did not work try with it “Disabled” you may even want to try with the preview window disabled which has been known to cause issues with some members/users

People seem to be having problems playing the copies they made using DVDfab and the VSO burn engine. Why don’t you use Nero or better yet download ImgBurn it is free and is a very good burn engine. Try that movie again with pathplayer always enabled using ImgBurn as the burn engine. This should work for you.

[quote=vividere;2188478]1. I asked for help by asking for plan B.

1. I fairly well described the problem and I thanked you in advance.

Viv[/quote]
You are not the original OP and according to the forum rules this is thread Highjacking. Why don’t you start a new thread with your problem telling us exactly what you are doing? what version of dvdfab you using? what movie you are doing? and Post a burn log for us. We can not help YOU if we not know what you are doing you know.

Highjacking? Is that like spelling color colour?

I didn’t realize I was hijacking the thread. That to me means taking the thread in a different direction. Makes more sense to me to have all of the dialogue regarding one subject in one thread than having people go to two threads to discuss the same thing. That way everyone is is trying to help can also repeat their answers twice.

When I have searched for help here before, there are lots of links to previous message threads rather than creating a new message thread.

Anyway, I will create a new message thread so we can begin duplicating the discussion