DVDfab 5.2.2.2 & Nero 9 Issues

vbimport

Just loaded Nero 9 and DVDfab 5.2.2.2. I had a problem using the built-in VSO engine with a dual layer disk so I thought I’d try my new Nero. I found a file called C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe and linked it to the write engine for Nero. I think this is the correct file to use but I keep getting failed to initialize burning ROM error.

Any ideas what I’m messing up?

Thanks,

Mike

[QUOTE=mbg_cdf;2184012]Just loaded Nero 9 and DVDfab 5.2.2.2. I had a problem using the built-in VSO engine with a dual layer disk so I thought I’d try my new Nero. I found a file called C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe and linked it to the write engine for Nero. I think this is the correct file to use but I keep getting failed to initialize burning ROM error.

Thanks,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Just a quick run-down of what you should be doing - please advise if you’ve done anything differently…

1. Go to Common Settings (White check in Green Circle - Main Screen)
  2. Select DVD - Write
  3. From Drop-down menu, select Nero Burning ROM
  4. Pay attention to the next line - it tells you where the program will look for the file - if yours is different, change DVDFab choice to where you have
    it (the .exe file).
  5. Exit common settings, restart program & it should now work.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2184049]Just a quick run-down of what you should be doing - please advise if you’ve done anything differently…

1. Go to Common Settings (White check in Green Circle - Main Screen)
  2. Select DVD - Write
  3. From Drop-down menu, select Nero Burning ROM
  4. Pay attention to the next line - it tells you where the program will look for the file - if yours is different, change DVDFab choice to where you have
    it (the .exe file).
  5. Exit common settings, restart program & it should now work.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply - yes I did everything the way you quote. The path I quoted is right from the DVDFAB screen. For some reason DVDFAB will not let me brouse for the file anymore now that it is selected, but, seems to be the correct file.

If I double click NeroCmd.exe I get a black background command window.

I have tried re-booting and restarting the program but no-go.

Mike

[QUOTE=mbg_cdf;2184108]Thanks for the reply - yes I did everything the way you quote. The path I quoted is right from the DVDFAB screen. For some reason DVDFAB will not let me brouse for the file anymore now that it is selected, but, seems to be the correct file.

If I double click NeroCmd.exe I get a black background command window.

I have tried re-booting and restarting the program but no-go.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm… I know Fengtao added support for Nero 9 as of ver. 5.1.1.0 of DVDFab - it should be working (no one else so far has commented on any problems…)

What O/S are you running?

Have you tried downloading Imgburn and using that? Would be a good alternative if Nero 9 stays a problem…

O’C

:iagree:

[QUOTE=mbg_cdf;2184012]Just loaded Nero 9 and DVDfab 5.2.2.2. I had a problem using the built-in VSO engine with a dual layer disk so I thought I’d try my new Nero. I found a file called C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe and linked it to the write engine for Nero. I think this is the correct file to use but I keep getting failed to initialize burning ROM error.

Thanks,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Here what I don’t get your dvdfab is this the free or paid version??? If this is the paid version you shouldn’t even need to use Nero as the dvdfab if dvdfab plat program has all that built into its’ program. If you having that much trouble with both program I think there is a conflict with one or more settings. I would say uninstall both and reinstall dvdfab if dvdfab plat and try to burn with dvdfab and see if that doesn’t work out. Also you don’t mention what kinda media your using and your burn speed as well as your burner type and model??

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2184427]Hmmmmm… I know Fengtao added support for Nero 9 as of ver. 5.1.1.0 of DVDFab - it should be working (no one else so far has commented on any problems…)

[B]What O/S are you running?[/B]
Have you tried downloading Imgburn and using that? Would be a good alternative if Nero 9 stays a problem…

O’C

:iagree:[/QUOTE]

I am using Vista. I’ve had DVDFAB for several years and did’t experience any burn problems until now when I was using dual-layer blanks (Sony DVD+RDL 2.4x). 99% of the time I use single layer disks. I was getting 50% failure rate and it seemed to fail when the disk was being finalized. I then took the files and burned it to disk with Nero 9 manually - worked first time (could have been just by chance).

Could just be the disks too.

Mike

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2184455]Here what I don’t get your dvdfab is this the free or paid version??? [B]Paid for Platinum version.[/B]If this is the paid version you shouldn’t even need to use Nero as the dvdfab if dvdfab plat program has all that built into its’ program. Yes I know, I was making coasters with dual-layer disks that’s why I wanted to try Nero and why I entered this post.If you having that much trouble with both program I think there is a conflict with one or more settings. I would say uninstall both and reinstall dvdfab if dvdfab plat and try to burn with dvdfab and see if that doesn’t work out. Also you don’t mention what kinda media your using and your burn speed as well as your burner type and model?? Media: Sony DVD+R DL 2.4x, two DVD’s: Optiarc AD-5170S and TSST corp SH-S203B - I had burn problems on both drives[/QUOTE]

Maybe I’ll try the re-install. I had Nero 7 on my computer and uninstalled it after I installed Nero 9 - could have caused problems???

Mike

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2184427]Hmmmmm… I know Fengtao added support for Nero 9 as of ver. 5.1.1.0 of DVDFab - it should be working (no one else so far has commented on any problems…)

What O/S are you running?

O’C

can u pm me version 5.1.10 please

[QUOTE=kenbra;2184477]can u pm me version 5.1.10 please[/QUOTE]

I’d be glad to if I still had it…

I’m not the pack-rat that some here are, as a new version comes out, the old one gets tossed - maybe one of those people can be prevailed upon to pm you their copy of 5.1.1.0…

Although…it shouldn’t make alot of difference, as the hooks that were added to that version still persist in every incarceration since. Ver 5.2.2.2 should have exactly the same tie ins with nero 9.

(What I have kept on my system is Nero 7, and it still works great if I need it).

O’C

I re-installed Nero 9 and although I no longer get the burn engine error before I get the DVDFAB page it doesn’t want to write to the disk. Guess I’ll just go back to the default engine.

I don’t know if you have thought of this option for DL? Full rip (Dvd9) to your hard drive & then burn with ImgBurn.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

More info - sorry. After re-installing Nero 9 and DVDFAB a disk was burned successfully using the Nero burning engine…well, according to DVDFAB. The disk will not play on my dvd player. If I double click the DVD drive on my computer it will play ok, but, if I open the VIDEO_TS folder and double click the VIDEO_TS (movie info file) I get a warning that “unable to read part of a file on the dvd” - if I acknowledge the error to movie plays. If I do the same with a disk burned using the built-in engine I do not get the error.

I did notice the disk burned with Nero 9 engine does not have an AUDIO_TS folder on it. This seems to be the only difference with the two disks.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

[QUOTE=mbg_cdf;2185552]More info - sorry. After re-installing Nero 9 and DVDFAB a disk was burned successfully using the Nero burning engine…well, according to DVDFAB. The disk will not play on my dvd player. If I double click the DVD drive on my computer it will play ok, but, if I open the VIDEO_TS folder and double click the VIDEO_TS (movie info file) I get a warning that “unable to read part of a file on the dvd” - if I acknowledge the error to movie plays. If I do the same with a disk burned using the built-in engine I do not get the error.

I did notice the disk burned with Nero 9 engine does not have an AUDIO_TS folder on it. This seems to be the only difference with the two disks.

Any help appreciated.

Mike[/QUOTE]

I’m a little surprised at the Nero people… they know full well both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders have to appear on the file header of the DVD - that’s why it won’t play on your DVD player.

That’s probably also why you get the error when you try to catalogue the DVD, too, depending on the program you use to catalogue it. Your PC DVD player seems to be fairly forgiving, if it’ll play the DVD, despite the missing AUDIO_TS folder…

Was the Nero program store-bought, or downloaded from the Nero website? It may be a flakey download…

And have you tried Imgburn? May improve your results with the D/L burns, as your media seems to be OK.

O’C

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2185558]I’m a little surprised at the Nero people… they know full well both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders have to appear on the file header of the DVD - that’s why it won’t play on your DVD player.

That’s probably also why you get the error when you try to catalogue the DVD, too, depending on the program you use to catalogue it. Your PC DVD player seems to be fairly forgiving, if it’ll play the DVD, despite the missing AUDIO_TS folder…

Was the Nero program store-bought, or downloaded from the Nero website? It may be a flakey download…

And have you tried Imgburn? May improve your results with the D/L burns, as your media seems to be OK.

O’C

The program was store bought. Normal Nero, takes forever to load off the CD the you need to download a 384MB upgrade and do it all over again. I think I read that Nero will not write the folder since it’s blank. Maybe I’ll just look into Imgburn.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Mike[/QUOTE]

If you really want to use Nero Burning ROM change NeroCmd.exe to Nero.exe , you are invoking a command line entry to to your burning engine. This will likely fix the directory structure.

[QUOTE=90312;2185713]If you really want to use Nero Burning ROM change NeroCmd.exe to Nero.exe , you are invoking a command line entry to to your burning engine. This will likely fix the directory structure.[/QUOTE]

That may or may not work to fix his problem.

There are a limited number of ways to pass parameters from one running program to another (especially ones written by different authors, and more especially ones where one author ((Nero)) will not provide low-level interface info to the other ((DVDFab))), and a command line mode such as Nero has makes it easy for DVDFab to pass control over to Nero with the info Nero needs to pick up where DVDFab left off.

IMHO

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=90312;2185713]If you really want to use Nero Burning ROM change NeroCmd.exe to Nero.exe , you are invoking a command line entry to to your burning engine. This will likely fix the directory structure.[/QUOTE]

For some reason DVDFAB will only look for a file called NeroCmd.exe - it will not let me change it to Nero.exe.

Mike

Ok, then O’ Canada was correct and Fab must pass info to Nero but it does not seem to be accurate does it?