DVDfab 5.2.2.0 Option Mobile iPod/iPhone conversion failure

vbimport

Converting DVD to mp4 using DVDfab 5.2.2.0.

In about 1 out of 5 runs, it stops converting but the output file keeps on being written with blank screen and/or no sound. This blank writing goes on indefinitely.

The conversion options does not seem to play a role, it happens at all resolutions and varying bit rates.

I cannot post any error code as it doesn’t crash at all, it just keeps going writing blank.

Is this a bug of version 5.2.2.0?

hi,

In about 1 out of 5 runs, it stops converting but the output file keeps on being written with blank screen and/or no sound. This blank writing goes on indefinitely.

what your mean is when you do some convert, not the only result is bad, just one mp4 file is bad, and other is ok ?

Please tell me some information and let me sure it’s source problem or other problem.

looks you try to convert some title once time ? the bad mp4 file is always is the same title ?

this situation happened in some DVD or in special DVD?

thanks.

Thank you for your fast reply.

[QUOTE=Ting;2181934]
what your mean is when you do some convert, not the only result is bad, just one mp4 file is bad, and other is ok ?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can get about 4/5 of them ok, 1/5 goes bad.

[QUOTE=Ting;2181934]looks you try to convert some title once time ? the bad mp4 file is always is the same title ?

this situation happened in some DVD or in special DVD?
[/QUOTE]

It is random. One DVD could give me trouble at first then work without a glitch, or it could work without a glitch at first then start giving me trouble. Yesterday I was converting a DVD that I did two days ago without any problem, but this time it failed continuously for about 5 times.

On some failures it gives FabCore crash error, but most of them don’t.

And the crash is independent of the parameters: Frame Resolution, Bits/Pixel, Aspect Ratio, Bitrate, Framerate, or Audio Bitrate. I have tried many different combinations and it still crashes randomly.

The computer I am using is AMD 64 with Asus motherboard, running Windows Server 2003 x64.

doing mp3 also does not work

Ting, I am also a DVDFab customer and I have problems with the DVD to mobile option with 5.2.2.0.

I’m using a custom profile converting to WMV. I use windows vista and I also have an AMD system. I’ve tried the built in XBOX setting and it fails as well.

The conversion starts and gets to about 5% and the app crashes. I tried several DVD’s with the same result.

I’ve rolled back to the previous version of DVDFab and it works fine. The conversion has always been painfully slow (about 15 fps - with a dual core 2.8 GHZ system, but it does work).

[QUOTE=qborba;2181877]Converting DVD to mp4 using DVDfab 5.2.2.0.

The conversion options does not seem to play a role, it happens at all resolutions and varying bit rates.

I cannot post any error code as it doesn’t crash at all, it just keeps going writing blank.

Is this a bug of version 5.2.2.0?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this is a problem. I rip DVD to ISO file, then use Mobile Option to batch convert 5-10 iso files. Lockup definitely appears random. It does some files fine, then locks up on others. I restart the entire batch, and it will lockup on a different iso file finishing ones it locked up on before.

I’m also having problems (5.2.2.0). I’m about to upgrade to the latest version, but the release notes don’t seem to mention the problem I’m having. Basically, I start a conversion and it seems to stop converting somewhere around midway. The elapsed time keeps ticking, but it’s not doing anything (the video I was doing now is stopped at FPS of 0.00 and it’s at 67.22%).

i too am having this problem. The percentage completed various from 2. some % to 4.65% or so. The time remaining runs up and eventually goes to 00.00 but the program keeps running but we are indeed errored out. Is there a solution to this issue?

[QUOTE=daveandmike;2184797]i too am having this problem. The percentage completed various from 2. some % to 4.65% or so. The time remaining runs up and eventually goes to 00.00 but the program keeps running but we are indeed errored out. Is there a solution to this issue?[/QUOTE]

This is the problem I am having but I did not describe it exactly this way. Seems to be version 5.2.2.0 so I am thinking of downgrading.

is there a spot within downloads or somewhere, where you can go back a release and reinstall an older version?

mgrosso, I have the same problem on my Vista x64 system. Which version of DF did you downgrade to and where could I find it please?

Thanks,
Paul.

[QUOTE=mgrosso;2182177]Ting, I am also a DVDFab customer and I have problems with the DVD to mobile option with 5.2.2.0.

I’m using a custom profile converting to WMV. I use windows vista and I also have an AMD system. I’ve tried the built in XBOX setting and it fails as well.

The conversion starts and gets to about 5% and the app crashes. I tried several DVD’s with the same result.

I’ve rolled back to the previous version of DVDFab and it works fine. The conversion has always been painfully slow (about 15 fps - with a dual core 2.8 GHZ system, but it does work).[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pmdpmd;2185811]mgrosso, I have the same problem on my Vista x64 system. Which version of DF did you downgrade to and where could I find it please?

Thanks,
Paul.[/QUOTE]
Hi Paul,

Fengtao does not provide download links for previous versions…it’s an anti-pirating thing. You may find one or two recent versions on the forum that are still “[I]live[/I]”…

Most of the reugular crowd here has previous versions archived.
Just pm me with your email address and I’ll send you whatever version you want.
Sounds like mgrosso was using the 2nd most recent release.

I just bought this program (version 5.2.2.0) and am trying to converting to XBox 360, but it crashes on every movie I try. Doesn’t matter if I go straight from disc or from ISO. This is VERY disappointing as I just paid for this clunker. What older version seems to still work? Also, can an admin please advise us on when they are going to patching this problem?

OK, updated to 5.2.2.2 yet I am still unable to create XBox 360 files from the mobile tab. I’ve tried several discs now, including a couple of very old ‘bargin’ movies just to make sure it wasn’t a DRM issue. Anyone been able to make the mobile features work since the 5.2X updates?

same problem with converting to PS3 versions as well. It took 3 1/2 hours to convert one dvd. It copied the dvd first thenconverted. Havent tried MP4 yet its my next venture will let you know. I have 5.2.2.0