DVDFab 5.2.0.9 Beta is out

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.2.0.9 Beta is out (December 11, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5209Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.2.0.9 Beta (December 11, 2008)
Fix: A freeze problem before copying DVD in certain cases.
Fix: ImgBurn doesn’t work in last beta.

5.2.0.8 Beta (December 9, 2008)
New: Connect Directshow Decoder of Preview manually, which is faster and more stable.
New: Updated VSO burning engine.
Fix: A crash problem when using Directshow Decoder of Preview in certain cases.
Fix: An “out of memory” problem when writing with VSO in last beta.
Fix: VSO log file is not created in last beta.
Fix: Several minor problems.

5.2.0.5 Beta (December 5, 2008)
New: Create ISO image file by using burning engine VSO, Nero or ImgBurn.
New: Updated VSO burning engine.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: Volume label cannot be changed when creating ISO image file.
Fix: A freeze problem when converting some DVDs like “Iron Man”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A crash problem when converting chapters in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Output file is unplayable when using generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy or generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: An error when detecting if video is inverse telecine . (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Output FPS is not set as same as source FPS in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Several minor problems.

5.2.0.0 Beta (December 1, 2008)
New: Rewritten “DVD to Mobile” engine, now it’s fully optimized for multi-core system. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Increased speed for “DVD to Mobile” up to 100%. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Reduced memory usage for “DVD to Mobile”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Added profile for FLV so that you can upload output file to YouTube. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Write speed cannot be specified for ImgBurn, which was introduced in version 5.1.2.2.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks for the quick fix fengtao

thanks guys

On top of things as always…

way to go…

Yup, Johnny-on-the-spot as always Fengtao…and I’m not talking toilets here…:bigsmile:.
Thanks for the quick fix with Img.

Please fix the subtitles bug.

Generic encodes are creating faulty subtitles, and splitting them up into CD1, CD2 etc. even though I have the “split” option set to “none”.

Let me know if I should create a new thread for this. This issue has been present for the last few builds.

[QUOTE=brihanrohan;2174401]Please fix the subtitles bug.

Generic encodes are creating faulty subtitles, and splitting them up into CD1, CD2 etc. even though I have the “split” option set to “none”.

Let me know if I should create a new thread for this. This issue has been present for the last few builds.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, when creating seperate IDX and SUB files in MO, the IDX file is split into CD1 & CD2 when NO split is selected.

This is a big bug for those of us who like to separate these out.

However, good work.

First, good work and great software.

Additional issues not yet resolved (or reported on this thread):

1. In Mobile Option, when doing HD to HD conversions, the system refuse a lock on the DVD drives in the system. The hook should not prevent a lock when MO is running and the DVD drives are not in use.

2. When analyzing a DVD (first step before displaying titles), the system will NOT lock the DVD drive. This allows people like me to push the eject button before thinking and causing the system to hang. Cancel button, nothing workes except “End Task”.

3. Framerate in the config file is still not honored and defaults to 23.976 for a mkv(xvid + source audio) file (maybe others). Even if set to another framerate, it now ignores the setting and reverts back to the 23.976.

4. IDX file for subtitles mentioned above

5. Subtitle setting still not stored in config or honored (not sure which) and must be forced. Unlike number 3, if set, it stays set.

BONUS: It would be nice to know the default frame size to know if you are compressing or magnifying the image. A basic option would be to just show the size, but it would be good to put the ratio in the list of sizes.

[quote=NeuralMonk;2174416]First, good work and great software.

Additional issues not yet resolved (or reported on this thread):

1. In Mobile Option, when doing HD to HD conversions, the system refuse a lock on the DVD drives in the system. The hook should not prevent a lock when MO is running and the DVD drives are not in use.[/quote]I think it does this to allow for conversion batches that include HDD and encrypted disc Sources. I prefer the present way.
  1. When analyzing a DVD (first step before displaying titles), the system will NOT lock the DVD drive. This allows people like me to push the eject button before thinking and causing the system to hang. Cancel button, nothing workes except “End Task”.
    The last time I did this accidentally, it just reverted to the ‘choose Source’ state. It used to crash or freeze. May depend on the timing of the eject push.
  1. Framerate in the config file is still not honored and defaults to 23.976 for a mkv(xvid + source audio) file (maybe others). Even if set to another framerate, it now ignores the setting and reverts back to the 23.976.
    I agree, this is a major aggravation. 23.976 is not necessary for all players or content, and PAL users may need 25. Ting, please make this work as it did in the past or give us back the profile switches so that the user can control the framerate and deinterlacing.
  1. IDX file for subtitles mentioned above

2. Subtitle setting still not stored in config or honored (not sure which) and must be forced. Unlike number 3, if set, it stays set.

BONUS: It would be nice to know the default frame size to know if you are compressing or magnifying the image. A basic option would be to just show the size, but it would be good to put the ratio in the list of sizes.
Below 720x480 (or x576 for PAL) you are always shrinking the image. The aspect ratio is already on the size list (1.333, 1.7778 etc.). Is this what you meant?

hi,

[QUOTE]3. Framerate in the config file is still not honored and defaults to 23.976 for a mkv(xvid + source audio) file (maybe others). Even if set to another framerate, it now ignores the setting and reverts back to the 23.976.

I agree, this is a major aggravation. 23.976 is not necessary for all players or content, and PAL users may need 25. Ting, please make this work as it did in the past or give us back the profile switches so that the user can control the framerate and deinterlacing.[/QUOTE]

about this problem, I think this solution will be better

two option will be add to mobile setting:

1.prior to use the fps which is the same as the source
2.prior to use the fps which saved in profile

you can do a selection, so DVDFab will auto select fps depend on your setting.

Agreed, when creating seperate IDX and SUB files in MO, the IDX file is split into CD1 & CD2 when NO split is selected.

I always cannot repeat this problem, please give me more information about how to repeat this bug.

1. Subtitle setting still not stored in config or honored (not sure which) and must be forced. Unlike number 3, if set, it stays set.

a new option will be added into mobile setting, which will remember you like idx/sub or direct-render mode when you select subtitle stream. of course, if you select multi subtitle streams, only idx/sub mode will be enable.

Thanks.

Hi Ting,
Do me a favor and try opening a movie in " Movie Only Mode" then change to “full disc” after the scan, instead of scanning again, it crashes, maybe its my computer , not sure. I will send in the crash report.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2174457]Hi Ting,
Do me a favor and try opening a movie in " Movie Only Mode" then change to “full disc” after the scan, instead of scanning again, it crashes, maybe its my computer , not sure. I will send in the crash report.[/QUOTE]Alan and Fengtao it didn’t crash right off doing that but after switching at random it finally did crash. I can repeat this bug.

Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit

[quote=Bob;2174458]Alan and Fengtao it didn’t crash right off doing that but after switching at random it finally did crash. I can repeat this bug.

Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit[/quote]
Thanks for confirming Bob.:wink:

[quote=Ting;2174446]hi,

about this problem, I think this solution will be better

two option will be add to mobile setting:

1.prior to use the fps which is the same as the source
2.prior to use the fps which saved in profile

you can do a selection, so DVDFab will auto select fps depend on your setting.[/quote]This will be great, thank you very much.:clap:

FENGTAO many thanx for speedy update…2day!!!..only burned 2 coasters. hope to get things right with new update.

I can’t duplicate the copy mode crash (XP SP3). Die, Vi$ta, die. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=signals;2174511]I can’t duplicate the copy mode crash (XP SP3). Die, Vi$ta, die. :)[/QUOTE]sorry to burst your bubble but Alan uses XP :bigsmile:

Just try switching to all the different modes and it will crash.

[quote=Bob;2174512]sorry to burst your bubble but Alan uses XP :bigsmile:

Just try switching to all the different modes and it will crash.[/quote]I rapidly switched to all installed modes for 5 minutes, no crash. Tested with Dark Knight in the optical drive and a different movie in a VIDEO_TS folder. Note: I have the Preview auto-start disabled. I thought Alan had the bloatware on one of his machines.

[QUOTE=signals;2174514]I rapidly switched to all installed modes for 5 minutes, no crash. Tested with Dark Knight in the optical drive and a different movie in a VIDEO_TS folder. Note: I have the Preview auto-start disabled. I thought Alan had the bloatware on one of his machines.[/QUOTE]Preview must be the problem. If i turn it off then no crash. Try it with Preview on and see if it crashes.

I think Alan has access to a Vi$ta machine at work but not at home. I could be wrong.

[quote=Bob;2174518]Preview must be the problem. If i turn it off then no crash. Try it with Preview on and see if it crashes.

I think Alan has access to a Vi$ta machine at work but not at home. I could be wrong.[/quote]
Nope, you are correct Bob.:wink: I am perfectly happy with XP Pro at the moment and with Windows 7 on the horizon, I am not investing in an OS for 1 year. At work, we put Vista on one computer , everyone tried it and nobody wanted to change, so inherited it. LOL. [B]EDIT [/B] And you are correct , disabling the preview window solves the problem.