DVDFab 5.1.2.0 ignores write settings

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-111D / DVR-710. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am running DVDFab 5 Platinum under Windows Vista Ultimate Edition SP1 with 4GB RAM. Intel Core 2 Quad processor 2.4 GHz.

Up to and including version 5.1.1.0 the program remembered it’s write settings between launchings, but suddenly after installing version 5.1.2.0 the settings are lost and revert back to what they were before I customised it for my own use.

Since I am posting this it should go without saying that this most recent version does not produce a valid DVD (my DVD players all automatically reject them and open their trays to spit them out), even though there were no error dialogues and the process was supposed to have been completed successfully.

I knew something had changed with the settings when I saw the speed at which it was writing (6.9X and increasing), when I have always found that 4X is the most reliable with SAO writing (which was what the settings were until I installed the new version last night).

I have just as of the last 10 minutes reinstalled version 5.1.10 and my original settings are all back to what they were before installing version 5.1.2,0, and I have checked that they stay as they are between successive launches.

What has changed, as of version 5.1.2.0? I usually do not install beta versions unless I am having problems with the current public release, so I do not know if they have the same problem.

Has anybody else encountered this bug in Fengtao’s otherwise excellent software, as nothing else has changed to the best of my knowledge that should cause DVDFab to suddenly forget the same settings which I have used for most of this year?

The fact that on re-installing version 5.1.1.0 the old settings were back suggests to me that it was nothing that either myself or my computer’s setup has done to cause this malfunction.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who could possibly help me with this abrupt change in the program’s normal behaviour,

Cheers everyone,

reeman50 :doh:

There was a problem with remembering the settings. Try to download the program again.

Thanking you for your response, but could you please direct me to where someone else has already reported this problem, before I try re-downloading it?

And just as an update to my previous posting, I re-burned the same files from the hard disk successfully using version 5.1.1.0, which gave only a useless drink coaster with the newer one. And my settings continue to hold exactly as they have always been.

The problem appears to be much more extensive than only the write preferences settings. The settings appearing are the default and recommended ones, and they have never worked with my previous machine and set-up, before I upgraded to Vista Ultimate SP1 from XP Professional SP3.

Could it also be something which is happening after the installer is successfully downloaded and appears to function normally? Why then hasn’t the same thing affect earlier versions?

Beats me!

reeman50 :confused:

[QUOTE=fengtao;2165291]Yes, there is problem when saving some settings, we are updating, please wait.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=fengtao;2165296]Dear all,

Please re-download, sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]In these quotes from the man himself.

redownload ,is from this forum…or main page.??

either one point to the same file.

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB5
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

but i would revert back to 5.1.1.8 as there is still bugs not yet addressed which will be updated in next version.
http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5118Beta_avangate-689.exe

No I am using XP Pro and when using Imgburn it does ignore write settings, its got nothing to do with Vista. I have it set to 12X and it burns at Max. If I have it set at 8X it burns at Max. Its a bug.

Thanking everyone who has responded, but I prefer to stay with version 5.1.1.0 for now, rather than using a beta version if at all possible or practical.

I will await the next full release version with anticipation that the other possible bugs may have also been eliminated by then, in addition to this one which in my books is quite serious, especially if someone has just recently purchased the program and had this happen to them at this relatively early stage of their DVD movie burning experience.

Kindest regards,

reeman50 :clap:

alan1476,

the bug is not with dvdfab sending Auto write speed commands to ImgBurn. with v5.1.2.0 Auto write speed command works quiet well actually. :slight_smile:

the bug is with dvd backups not playing, as per reeman50 original post and other members if you look around.

this is why i suggest using previous version.

I just re downloaded as Gummigutta has said, and I will report my findings. Fengtao is aware of this and will fix it ASAP. I am sure, it might be fixed already.:iagree:

[quote=troy512;2165773]alan1476,

the bug is not with dvdfab sending Auto write speed commands to ImgBurn. with v5.1.2.0 Auto write speed command works quiet well actually. :slight_smile:

the bug is with dvd backups not playing, as per reeman50 original post and other members if you look around.

this is why i suggest using previous version.[/quote] Actually the burn played quite well, it just burned at 16X instead of the 12X I had in the settings.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2165777]Actually the burn played quite well, it just burned at 16X instead of the 12X I had in the settings.[/QUOTE]

are you using ImgBurn as Burn Engine? have you setup ImgBurn AUTO Write Speed? have you set dvdfab write settings to Recommended?

Let me check Troy, I tested this last night, and downloaded it twice. I had my write speed in Fab set to 12X and ImgBurn as the program to use. Let me set it to recommended and see if I can get a 12X write speed. Thanks for your help. ImgBurn is the only write engine I use in Fab.