DVDFab 5.1.1.5 Beta Can not Clone WALL E

vbimport

DVDFab 5.1.1.5 Beta Can not Clone WALL E released by Disney today. The ISO should be 7.30 GB but DVDFab 5.1.1.5 Beta makes a 7.92 GB ISO thats worthless for clone. If you try to clone it this is what pops up shown below. This is for R1 version. I do not know if main movie etc works as i clone only.

I did clone it 100% using the latest little red fox and ImgBurn 100% and the ISO created was 7.30 GB like the original. Just another extra bug.

; //\
; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log
; Tuesday, 18 November 2008, 18:02:45
; \
//
;
;
I 17:43:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!
I 17:43:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 17:43:21 Total Physical Memory: 3,667,068 KB - Available: 2,640,824 KB
I 17:43:21 Initialising SPTI…
I 17:43:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 17:43:21 Found 2 DVD±RWs!
I 17:43:51 Operation Started!
I 17:43:51 Source File: C:\Users\Anon\Documents\WALL_E.MDS
I 17:43:51 Source File Sectors: 3,831,200 (MODE1/2048)
I 17:43:51 Source File Size: 7,846,297,600 bytes
I 17:43:51 Source File Volume Identifier: WALL_E
I 17:43:51 Source File Volume Set Identifier: 391E1C06
I 17:43:51 Source File Implementation Identifier: MEI
I 17:43:51 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
I 17:43:51 Destination Device: [0:0:0] PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.11 (G:) (USB)
I 17:43:51 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x)
I 17:43:51 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824
I 17:43:51 Write Mode: DVD
I 17:43:51 Write Type: DAO
I 17:43:51 Write Speed: MAX
I 17:43:51 Link Size: Auto
I 17:43:51 Test Mode: No
I 17:43:51 OPC: No
I 17:43:51 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 17:43:51 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
I 17:43:51 Advanced Settings - AutoStrategy: Auto, PowerRec: Yes
I 17:43:51 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,076,704
I 17:43:51 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc
I 17:43:51 Filling Buffer… (40 MB)
I 17:43:52 Writing LeadIn…
I 17:44:35 Writing Session 1 of 1… (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3831199)
I 17:44:35 Writing Track 1 of 1… (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3831199)
I 17:44:35 Writing Layer 0… (LBA: 0 - 2076703)
I 17:53:06 Writing Layer 1… (LBA: 2076704 - 3831199)
I 18:00:25 Synchronising Cache…
I 18:00:30 Closing Track…
I 18:00:31 Finalising Disc…
I 18:02:25 Image MD5: 3962dff55a684ec00df5545c8c97c58e
I 18:02:31 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:18:33
I 18:02:31 Average Write Rate: 8,074 KB/s (5.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 8,384 KB/s (6.1x)
I 18:02:45 Close Request Acknowledged
I 18:02:45 Closing Down…
I 18:02:45 Shutting down SPTI…
I 18:02:45 ImgBurn closed!

Used DVDFab Plat Full movie no problem

I used MKM-001 verb DL, Clone and Full movie not the same. For the hell of it put the original movie into your burner and clone it to a ISO file and you will see the size is not correct. And if you go to burn it you won’t waste a DL disc as the box shown in my first msg will pop up and not allow you to burn it but it may let you do Movie only etc as seen in the msg. The correct size ISO for this movie cloned is 7.30 GB not 7.92 GB as DVDFab spits out in clone mode.

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159536]I used MKM-001 verb DL, Clone and Full movie not the same. For the hell of it put the original movie into your burner and clone it to a ISO file and you will see the size is not correct. And if you go to burn it you won’t waste a DL disc as the box shown in my first msg will pop up and not allow you to burn it but it may let you do Movie only etc as seen in the msg. The correct size ISO for this movie cloned is 7.30 GB not 7.92 GB as DVDFab spits out in clone mode.[/QUOTE]

This one was a piece of cheese…smooth as silk :slight_smile: Rip and, burn no issues whatsoever. :iagree: Plays w/o problems, that you DVDfab guys :wink:

Piece of cake maybe in Movie Only or another mode. Not no good in clone mode. But the little red fox 100% cloned it. Full Disc copy is’nt a clone. Clone is a 1:1 bit for bit copy. I do agree it was easy but 5.1.1.5 Beta can’t clone it. Movie only and other modes i did’nt comment on. “CLONE” mode on 5.1.1.5 don’t fly and is’nt a piece of cheese but the fox was.

Just my 2 cents here
DVDFab does not work on the fly :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159644]Piece of cake maybe in Movie Only or another mode. Not no good in clone mode. But the little red fox 100% cloned it. Full Disc copy is’nt a clone. Clone is a 1:1 bit for bit copy. I do agree it was easy but 5.1.1.5 Beta can’t clone it. Movie only and other modes i did’nt comment on. “CLONE” mode on 5.1.1.5 don’t fly and is’nt a piece of cheese but the fox was.[/QUOTE]
Fox? are you using a decrypter like: Any<censored>? DVDFab does not require a decrpter…FYI.:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, also why you keep mentioning the red fox as this section is for dvdfab only. I think you need to read [B]THIS[/B]

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159536]For the hell of it put the original movie into your burner and clone it to a ISO file and you will see the size is not correct. The correct size ISO for this movie cloned is 7.30 GB not 7.92 GB as DVDFab spits out in clone mode.[/QUOTE]
I had no problems with this flick, R1, Platinum 5.1.1.5 and in [B]Clone[/B] mode. I did 2 separate runs, one with PathPlayer enabled and one with PP disabled.
I thought perhaps this could have your problem, but you didn’t specify your PP setting and obviously, it was not evident in your burn log.

In any case, I was not able to reproduce your problem.
Both runs in clone mode ripped successfully and both resulted in output files of 7.3 GB.
I burned one of the files to a DL with VSO and it plays flawlessly.

I can’t remember the last time I had to use the little red fox. It’s in my toolbox along with many other tools, but I never need it.
No bug here…:wink:

[quote=maineman;2159750]I had no problems with this flick, R1, Platinum 5.1.1.5 and in [B]Clone[/B] mode. I did 2 separate runs, one with PathPlayer enabled and one with PP disabled.
I thought perhaps this could have your problem, but you didn’t specify your PP setting and obviously, it was not evident in your burn log.

Both runs in clone mode ripped successfully and both resulted in output files of 7.3 GB.

I can’t remember the last time I had to use the little red fox. It’s in my toolbox along with many other tools, but I never need it.
No bug here…;)[/quote]

When i use DVDFab Platinum i am not using any external decrypter first as the program has it already built into the program. I know you did’nt say i was but it was asked in a above post. I just clone the ISO to HDD then i burn the ISO using DVDFab’s “Write Data” mode. As said above also in another msg i don’t write anything on the fly. However DVDFab did not produce a 7.30 GB ISO it produced a 7.92 GB ISO 3x. It has happened to 2 other ppl also. So i switched to another program and it cloned fine. It cloned for you bit by bit but it did’nt on this end. As you asked i do keep pathplayer always enabled and i did’nt try it with PP disabled. As you see in my first post that box popped up for some reason as i never seen it before in 2 years using DVDFab. And it’s not hardware related. What else it could be i don’t know. I know i have 4 different puters and not all the same hardware in them and it did the same thing. It could be my copy of the movie maybe but then again i cloned it 100% using another method thats why im curious as to why. The problem is’nt ripping the movie with DVDFab as it rips it 100%. The problem is when it rips it the ISO is 7.92 GB not 7.30 GB and when you try to burn it the above msg popped up. I can’t give you a DVDFab burn log as 5.1.1.5 has a bug that it does’nt write to the log file. Maybe your 5.1.1.5 Beta writes to a log file but mine and many other peoples 5.1.1.5 Beta does’nt. The log you see above is from IMGBurn and the reason you don’t see a decrypter in that log is because once the ISO was created with that program in the read mode the decrypter i used to say does’nt no longer need to be on as it did it’s job. So what you are seeing is the all ready decrypted ISO being burned by IMGBurn in the write mode. In DVDFab i did use the default engine nothing changed there.

[quote=maineman;2159750]I had no problems with this flick, R1, Platinum 5.1.1.5 and in [B]Clone[/B] mode. I did 2 separate runs, one with PathPlayer enabled and one with PP disabled.

No bug here…;)[/quote]

P.S., Reloaded 5.1.1.0 and cloned WALL E 100% and the ISO was 7.3 GB. If it has nothing to do with 5.1.1.5 Beta then it’s rather strange 5.1.1.0 worked flawless. After that i totally removed 5.1.1.0 from my system and reloaded 5.1.1.5 Beta and no go it made a 7.92 GB ISO instead of a 7.30 GB ISO. If it’'s not a bug like the log file does’nt work on 5.1.1.5 Beta then i don’t know what you want to call it. Malfunction

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159826]When i use DVDFab Platinum i am not using any external decrypter first as the program has it already built into the program. I know you did’nt say i was but it was asked in a above post. I just clone the ISO to HDD then i burn the ISO using DVDFab’s “Write Data” mode. As said above also in another msg i don’t write anything on the fly. However DVDFab did not produce a 7.30 GB ISO it produced a 7.92 GB ISO 3x. It has happened to 2 other ppl also. So i switched to another program and it cloned fine. It cloned for you bit by bit but it did’nt on this end. As you asked i do keep pathplayer always enabled and i did’nt try it with PP disabled. As you see in my first post that box popped up for some reason as i never seen it before in 2 years using DVDFab. And it’s not hardware related. What else it could be i don’t know. I know i have 4 different puters and not all the same hardware in them and it did the same thing. It could be my copy of the movie maybe but then again i cloned it 100% using another method thats why im curious as to why. The problem is’nt ripping the movie with DVDFab as it rips it 100%. The problem is when it rips it the ISO is 7.92 GB not 7.30 GB and when you try to burn it the above msg popped up. I can’t give you a DVDFab burn log as 5.1.1.5 has a bug that it does’nt write to the log file. Maybe your 5.1.1.5 Beta writes to a log file but mine and many other peoples 5.1.1.5 Beta does’nt. The log you see above is from IMGBurn and the reason you don’t see a decrypter in that log is because once the ISO was created with that program in the read mode the decrypter i used to say does’nt no longer need to be on as it did it’s job. So what you are seeing is the all ready decrypted ISO being burned by IMGBurn in the write mode. In DVDFab i did use the default engine nothing changed there.[/QUOTE]

Right, your posts were pretty clear about what occurred.
There are a couple of additional bits of info though and thanks for adding those.
You used [B]Write Data[/B].
Interestingly, when I used Write Data and attempted to populate[I] Source [/I] with either of my two .ISO files of WALL_E, I received the same “warning” as you…just the XP Pro version (shown below).

I didn’t try to burn it since I only have my precious Verb MKM 001 (MIS) media. If I had some crappy DL media, I’d give it a whirl. As you know, Write Data only works when writing to a disc.
I’m curious as to what would be on the resultant disc.

Like you, I’m also unable to pull up any VSO burn logs…I think Fengtao will have this fixed in the next Beta.

Of course, we still have the dilemma as to why the ripped files “expanded” on the original rip in clone mode.
I have seen this peculiar behavior in the past with a handful (at most) of flicks over the past 3 years or so where Fab stumbles on the disc structure…:confused:

When you cloned WALL_E, did you[I] tick[/I] Copy [B]DVD-Video Data Only[/B] ?
and tick or leave unticked [B]Copy Original IFO Files[/B] ?
I just tried it again on a different pc. The .ISO file is again 7.3 GB and again I receive the error warning if I call it up with Write Data mode.

This was the case whether or not I ticked or unticked Copy DVD-Video Data Only.

You also know two other users that were able to reproduce this issue with clone mode? Did they use a different source disc?

Well, I guess it’s a moot point since we both have good quality clones.

Still, this is pretty bizarre or as…Alice said,
[I]"Curiouser and curiouser![/I]…:stuck_out_tongue:

When I get a chance, I’ll send the IFO files to Fengtao.

[quote=maineman;2159910]Right, your posts were pretty clear about what occurred.
There are a couple of additional bits of info though and thanks for adding those.
You used [B]Write Data[/B].
Interestingly, when I used Write Data and attempted to populate[I] Source [/I]with either of my two .ISO files of WALL_E, I received the same “warning” as you…just the XP Pro version (shown below).

I didn’t try to burn it since I only have my precious Verb MKM 001 (MIS) media. If I had some crappy DL media, I’d give it a whirl. As you know, Write Data only works when writing to a disc.
I’m curious as to what would be on the resultant disc.

Like you, I’m also unable to pull up any VSO burn logs…I think Fengtao will have this fixed in the next Beta.

Of course, we still have the dilemma as to why the ripped files “expanded” on the original rip in clone mode.
I have seen this peculiar behavior in the past with a handful (at most) of flicks over the past 3 years or so where Fab stumbles on the disc structure…:confused:

When you cloned WALL_E, did you[I] tick[/I] Copy [B]DVD-Video Data Only[/B] ?
and tick or leave unticked [B]Copy Original IFO Files[/B] ?
I just tried it again on a different pc. The .ISO file is again 7.3 GB and again I receive the error warning if I call it up with Write Data mode.

This was the case whether or not I ticked or unticked Copy DVD-Video Data Only.

You also know two other users that were able to reproduce this issue with clone? Did they use a different source disc?

Well, I guess it’s a moot point since we both have good quality clones.

Still, this is pretty bizarre or as…Alice said,
[I]"Curiouser and curiouser![/I]

When I get a chance, I’ll send the IFO files to Fengtao.[/quote]

When i clone the two boxs are always unticked when i clone, Like i said above also if you tried to write to that DL disc it would’nt waste a disc unless you would agree to a Main Movie copy etc as i explained above. Im glad you seen it. Also i found the bug as soon as that version was released for not writing to the log file. Without saying anymore about it i know you understand what i used and how i went about cloning it using other programs fully. There is one thing that comes to my mind here but i don’t know the answer. As you see i did a test with 5.1.1.0 and it passed 100% but 5.1.1.5 failed. The one major difference between these versions is 5.1.1.5 is using a different VSO Engine version. Other then that if people don’t want to call this a bug then call it a malfunction as i know what im talking about here. Also the other two people used the same source disc as mine and i know where you would go with this but my answer to it b4 you answer is if the other programs i used cloned it i doub’t it’s a disc problem. I scanned the disc but scanning commerical disc’s are not always going to give you correct results. However the results i got were there is no disc problem or errors. So now we get back to if i clone it with another program thats enough proof for me that DVDFab 5.1.1.5 should be able to do it also. Let me cut to the chase this way to be fair. I seen a movie released and we both know there are TWO major popular programs out there. I seen b4 one would copy the disc and the other would’nt and vise versa.

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159922]When i clone the two boxs are always unticked when i clone, Like i said above also if you tried to write to that DL disc it would’nt waste a disc unless you would agree to a Main Movie copy etc as i explained above. Im glad you seen it. Also i found the bug as soon as that version was released for not writing to the log file. Without saying anymore about it i know you understand what i used and how i went about cloning it using other programs fully. There is one thing that comes to my mind here but i don’t know the answer. As you see i did a test with 5.1.1.0 and it passed 100% but 5.1.1.5 failed. The one major difference between these versions is 5.1.1.5 is using a different VSO Engine version. Other then that if people don’t want to call this a bug then call it a malfunction as i know what im talking about here :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Agreed, call it whatever…bug…malfunction, etc., …something’s amiss here, that’s for sure.

I guess I missed your run with 5.1.1.0? Where did you post that?

Also, I’m not quite connecting the dots as to a problem with VSO.
Isn’t the problem with the rip…as it erroneously expands to 7.92 GB?

I didn’t have a problem with VSO, but again, my rip was ok

[B][Edit][/B]
Ahhh…I see it now…I totally missed post #11.
Sorry, I’m typing at my usual “turtle” speed here…:bigsmile:

i used 5.1.1.0 and so far its working im waching it now

i use imageburn also

[quote=maineman;2159928]Agreed, call it whatever…bug…malfunction, etc., …something’s amiss here, that’s for sure.

I guess I missed your run with 5.1.1.0? Where did you post that?

Also, I’m not quite connecting the dots as to a problem with VSO.
Isn’t the problem with the rip…as it erroneously expands to 7.92 GB?

I didn’t have a problem with VSO, but again, my rip was ok

[B][Edit][/B]
Sorry, I’m typing at my usual “turtle” speed here…:bigsmile:[/quote]

Post #11

[quote=kenbra;2159934]i used 5.1.1.0 and so far its working im waching it now

i use imageburn also[/quote]

I already said in my post #11 that 5.1.1.0 Final does it correct 100%

The only reason i said anything about the VSO engine version is because thats the only real big change in the programming of DVDFab 5.1.1.0 VS 5.1.1.5 Beta. The ? is could this be doing it i don’t have that answer. However i seen DVDFab in the past change VSO versions and things go haywire b4

Split does not work on this title. Customize Split does. There are so many main movies i guess it freaks out DVDFab Platinum.

Region1 wide screen.

[QUOTE=maineman;2159928]
[B][Edit][/B]
Sorry, I’m typing at my usual “turtle” speed here…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2159937]Post #11[/QUOTE]

Which post was that again…post#11?..:stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist