DVDFab 5.03 doesn't see my DVDdrive

vbimport

I DL the newest version of DVDfab got my reg code and proceeded to insert a movie, but I can only burn to a file folder and not directly to my DVD. I have to rip it then recopy the files onto dvd from my hard drive.
Is there something I’m missing?

Did you check the drop down box ? What you are saying by burning directly to a DVD burner is called on the fly burning which in MHO isn’t to safe as one burner might be faster than the other thus causing problems, The normal way for DVDFAB to burn is to first rip to the HD to a temp file and then it burns from the file and if you have it checked to delete when finished in the setting it will delete the file after burning, all this should only take around 15 min or so to rip and burn. BTW welcome to the FAB Forum

[quote=acckman;2080035]I DL the newest version of DVDfab got my reg code and proceeded to insert a movie, but I can only burn to a file folder and not directly to my DVD. I have to rip it then recopy the files onto dvd from my hard drive.
Is there something I’m missing?[/quote]
Are you using the Free Fab Decrypter or DVD Fab Platnium? I know you said you inserted the reg code but sometimes people download the wrong program.

I tried the drop down box and in V.4 I see the option to burn to my DVD (through a temp file)
But in 5 I can only see the option for C:user/DVDFAB etc
I DL through the link that was provided when I first started 5
could this have been the wrong link?

Yup Alan now it sounds like he is using the free one, completely misunderstood his first post, must be getting older here

[quote=acckman;2080085]I tried the drop down box and in V.4 I see the option to burn to my DVD (through a temp file)
But in 5 I can only see the option for C:user/DVDFAB etc
I DL through the link that was provided when I first started 5
could this have been the wrong link?[/quote]
Use this link and download right over the old version.
http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5035Beta_avangate-689.exe