DVDFab 5.0 Beta will not copy audio

vbimport

I hope someone out there can help me, I have downloaded the Beta 5.0 version of DVDFab and cannot copy audio. When I set the setting and the dvd begins to read the dvd the only thing it checks is the video, the audio is greyed out.

I have been working on theis for a week and purchased this because it sounded like the best and easiest to backup my dvd’s. I have asked support 3 times about this and they have not answered.

I have also tried 10 different copy programs and none of them will copy the audio just the video.

I would really like this program to work as I am really tired of trying programs and failing, especially since I like DVDFab the best.

Thanks for the help in advance.

[quote=chinadoll824;2048181]I hope someone out there can help me, I have downloaded the Beta 5.0 version of DVDFab and cannot copy audio. When I set the setting and the dvd begins to read the dvd the only thing it checks is the video, the audio is greyed out.

I have been working on theis for a week and purchased this because it sounded like the best and easiest to backup my dvd’s. I have asked support 3 times about this and they have not answered.

I have also tried 10 different copy programs and none of them will copy the audio just the video.

I would really like this program to work as I am really tired of trying programs and failing, especially since I like DVDFab the best.

Thanks for the help in advance.[/quote]
I am not sure you can copy just audio, this program is [B]DVD[/B] FAB, or are you saying that you do not get audio on a video DVD that you are backing up?

I want to make a complete copy for back up, when O do this I get video with no audio. I can watch the movie but hear nothing.

hi chinadoll824,

try this:

Go to Common Settings (click on small green check at top right of FAB).
Click on Streams
Click on Audio
Choose your language and move to the right side.
Click OK at bottom of page

Hope this helps… post again so others can help if you are still in need

Audio: You can let DVDFab preselect audio tracks based on language and other factors. Every DVD is different so verify that the pre-selected tracks contain the audio you want on your backup.

Please burn first the copied movie to disc. Try the burned disc in your standalone player. Do you hear any sound, if watching video on TV ? If the answer is YES, you need to install some audio codecs on your PC (like AC3) or using a media player with built in codecs (like VLC Player).

If the answer is NO (silent movie on TV too), I don’t know an answer.

“Copy Audio Files” is for special Audio DVDs (AUDIO_TS folder). If you copy the movie completely, you copy the audio too, because Video/Sound is one File with different streams in it (This is the VIDEO_TS folder on disc).

Normally the AUDIO_TS folder is empty, if you use a movie disc.

EDIT: Make sure to use AC3 Sound. (Some rare Videos have LPCM (?). You may have also problems with the DTS soundtrack…)

GOOD LUCK!

I think Amiga is on the right track here.

If you are attempting to play it on your computer, you will need to install a filter to handle Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. I usually recommend AC3Filter.

Another option, as Amiga said, is to download and use VLC player which contains all the necessary codecs internally.

If you are not getting sound from your standalone DVD player, have a look at the setup and see if it supports DD5.1 and also try a “Downmix” setting which should be somewhere in the setup.

This problem seems mor prevalent on Windows Vista rigs.

That about said it all. The audio is there, you just have to get it to work.