DVDFab 5.0.9.8 Beta is out

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.9.8 Beta is out (September 25, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5098Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.0.9.8 Beta (September 25, 2008)
New: Select framerate 23.976 fps automatically if IVTC can be applied to avoid jerky playback on devices like iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Changed option text “iPod” to “iPod / iPhone”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A problem that converted file has no sound on devices like iPod and Zune, which was introduced in 5.0.9.5 Beta. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

NOTE: if you have set the default profile for iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360, please change the framerate to 23.976 fps and set default profile again.

5.0.9.5 Beta (September 19, 2008)
New: Added ps3.vob.passthrough profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Updated language files.
Fix: A freeze problem when copying DVD in certain cases.
Fix: Preview is not updated when source is changed.
Fix: Sound is not played when media is requested.
Fix: An audio beep problem when converting certain DVDs like “Hellboy” and “Decoys”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Converted AC3/DTS file is not raw data when using generic.audio.copy profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Converted MP4 file can not be transferred to iPod when using ipod.mpeg4 profile in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Framerate is wrong when using “Same as source” in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thank you for all your hard work…Best Regards…Bob…:clap::clap::clap:

when i try to dowload mccafee says trojan

Hi kenbra,

It’s a false warning.

We use Kaspersky 2009 and there is no problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2132137]Hi kenbra,

It’s a false warning.

We use Kaspersky 2009 and there is no problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

thanks again 4 hard work and fast reply

Thanks guys. Does the automatic 23.976 apply to all profiles or just those listed?

Using the above framerate work well for cartoons such as Family Guy, Futurama etc? Iv’e noticed some other programs use that instead of 29.95 for cartoons. Does it yeild a smaller filesize?

Thanks, I wsn’t expecting an update for a few weeks or so -LOL.

you are great…thanks

Rocco

hi

Thanks guys. Does the automatic 23.976 apply to all profiles or just those listed?

If the device profile not provide fps list and not specify the output fps,
DVDFab will check source fps and automatically select suitable output fps.

Thanks.

[quote=load97;2132153]Using the above framerate work well for cartoons such as Family Guy, Futurama etc? Iv’e noticed some other programs use that instead of 29.95 for cartoons. Does it yeild a smaller filesize?

Thanks, I wsn’t expecting an update for a few weeks or so -LOL.[/quote]I have done animation as low as 20fps that looked very good. Yes, it does make the file size smaller. The ones I tried were all WB Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, have not tried it with any new stuff like FG.

Thanks Fengtao and Ting.
I’m using v.5.0.9.5 Beta and still doing Ipod conversions at 29.97.
Just tried it with 3 different profiles: mpeg4, h264 and h264-5.5G.
No problems at all.

Guess I shouldn’t look a gift horse, huh?..:smiley:

Thanks guys

Great job once again.

I hope the freeze problem has been addressed

[QUOTE=fengtao;2132118]Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.9.8 Beta is out (September 25, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5098Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.0.9.8 Beta (September 25, 2008)
New: Select framerate 23.976 fps automatically if IVTC can be applied to avoid jerky playback on devices like iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Changed option text “iPod” to “iPod / iPhone”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: A problem that converted file has no sound on devices like iPod and Zune, which was introduced in 5.0.9.5 Beta. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

NOTE: if you have set the default profile for iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360, please change the framerate to 23.976 fps and set default profile again.

5.0.9.5 Beta (September 19, 2008)
New: Added ps3.vob.passthrough profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
New: Updated language files.
Fix: A freeze problem when copying DVD in certain cases.
Fix: Preview is not updated when source is changed.
Fix: Sound is not played when media is requested.
Fix: An audio beep problem when converting certain DVDs like “Hellboy” and “Decoys”. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Converted AC3/DTS file is not raw data when using generic.audio.copy profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Converted MP4 file can not be transferred to iPod when using ipod.mpeg4 profile in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
Fix: Framerate is wrong when using “Same as source” in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! :flower:
I really would like to see an automatically read disc option in DVDfab…plsss
What I mean is, when you pop in the disc in the DVD drive it starts reading it and, then, starts the reading process by it self without clicking the START option…please, put this feature in DVDFab, it would rock the boat if this fearure was available, please concider, thanks! :bow:

Please implement this on your DVDFab program it would be just AWESOME for everyone to enjoy this feature…thx :iagree:

Where is the proper bugs thread again? It’s been 9-10 versions later, and still crashing (including this new version) when trying to copy ‘Happy Gilmore - Special Edition’, and want to further help squash this bug. I know Signal prollie remembers me (this problem and also had problem with 2 e-mails on file due to problems.)

[quote=Macrovision3500;2132468]Thanks for the update! :flower:
What I mean is, when you pop in the disc in the DVD drive it starts reading it and, then, starts the reading process by it self without clicking the START option…please, put this feature in DVDFab, it would rock the boat if this fearure was available, please concider, thanks! :bow:

Please implement this on your DVDFab program it would be just AWESOME for everyone to enjoy this feature…thx :iagree:[/quote]
I for one don’t agree sorry, when you put in a disc and you want or have to make changes in any settings, profiles or re-enter a new title for the volume or what ever… you will have to wait for it to finish.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2132468]Thanks for the update! :flower:

Please implement this on your DVDFab program it would be just AWESOME for everyone to enjoy this feature…thx :iagree:[/QUOTE]
I for one do not want the auto read/scan feature…

Hi!, this DVDFab version fixed the pixelated problem, but it still Jerky/freezing when convert DVD to Zune WMV format under Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit using 2 passes. Anyone has any suggestions to help fix this issue?, thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2132485]I for one don’t agree sorry…[/QUOTE]
You guys seem to not want simplicity for everyone…you just think in your selves…alot of people dont care if this feature would be implemented but,
I believe this feature cuts right to the chase…saves you time and, it would
work like magic. :slight_smile: Most people use the same setting as always and, dont mind having a app do all the work. I dont care about the label, dont care about the protection that’s on the disc when removed…I dont care about all
that, all I want is an easy approach…simply pop the original DVD disc in the
DVD drive let it scan, let it do the auto reading…burn created…watch the movie and, it was very straight forward…like the old saying “Set it and, forget it” Pop dvd disc in and, walk away…its that easy! :iagree: DVDfab consumers
will love this app even more! Please devs implement this im begging :bow:

Thx