DVDFab 5.0.6.5 Beta is out

vbimport

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.6.5 Beta is out (July 21, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5065Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.0.6.5 Beta (July 21, 2008)
New: Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine, now it’s more easy to use.
New: Added option “Memorize user interface options”, and it’s disabled by default.
New: Updated VSO burning engine.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: Wrong aspect ratio problem for Preview.
Fix: Several minor problems.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Seems to still be memorizing some UI functions, i.e. opens in last mode used instead of the mode listed at the top of the nav pane for DVD to DVD.

Can’t wait to get home and try it out.
Thanks!

Hi signals,

The nav pane and menu item selection will be saved in despite of the option, since it has no side effect, and be helpful for users.

I hope you agree with that :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I think that any setting that you use should be saved, but this is just my opinion. You can always change it.

Thanks

Thank you very much… Great Job…

fentgao !!
I think I luv you big guy. lol

yippeee! I’ve seen that the UI opens in the ‘last mode used’ now - solved my concern about selecting either 'Disk" or ‘Mobile’ to be the default. thanks!

thank you

Thanks, Guys!!!:bow::iagree:

thanks for 5065b to fengtao!![B][/B]

[QUOTE=fengtao;2096852]Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.6.5 Beta is out (July 21, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5065Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

5.0.6.5 Beta (July 21, 2008)
New: Added option “Memorize user interface options”, and it’s disabled by default.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thank you for making this an option, You are the best Fengtao.

Thank you both Fengtao and Ting like always nothing but great work and improvements. :clap::clap:
You guys keep this up and the only issues/problems will be the users :bigsmile: …have a nice day :flower:

Sorry if I’m being a bit dim, but what does this actually mean:

New: Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine, now it’s more easy to use

Hi rendez2k,

You can try to burn a DVD to see the result.

The main change is: you will not see message box in most cases, and DVDFab will detect and start writing automatically.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Great jobs — fantastic guys.

One thing just for some feeback and maybe for a fuutre release — I really like the fact now that DVDFab remembers all of my settings (especially on DVD to Mobile) — the only thing it does not remember is the “Frame Resoloution”

I only use one mobile device and the max Frame Resoloution is 320x240 so I’d like to be able to select this somewhere — or the next smallest resolution so that I do not have to change these each time.

It’s only a minor hassle but would be a nice to have.

Cheers,

Asbac

It just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for the continued effort!

[quote=Asbac;2097259]Great jobs — fantastic guys.

One thing just for some feeback and maybe for a fuutre release — I really like the fact now that DVDFab remembers all of my settings (especially on DVD to Mobile) — the only thing it does not remember is the “Frame Resoloution”

I only use one mobile device and the max Frame Resoloution is 320x240 so I’d like to be able to select this somewhere — or the next smallest resolution so that I do not have to change these each time.

It’s only a minor hassle but would be a nice to have.

Cheers,

Asbac[/quote]Asbac
The “size list” is a dynamic feature that varies in appearance depending on the original content, cropping/resizing options and xml profile that you are using. You can edit the profile for your device so that it has fewer size options, but sometimes more than one may appear. Try this: Open the profile you use with Notepad or other pure text editor that will not embed formatting or other characters and you will find a line in the <video> section that looks like this:

<size list=“480x270,480x360,640x360,640x480,720x480,320x176” />

Change it to read:

<size list=“320x240”>

This will produce fewer options on the list, sometimes, depending on other settings, it will be the only option.

[quote=fengtao;2097258]Hi rendez2k,

You can try to burn a DVD to see the result.

The main change is: you will not see message box in most cases, and DVDFab will detect and start writing automatically.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]

I downloaded this new beta version and I can say the automatic disc detection works perfectly. I tried three different movies and it worked like a charm each time.

I have actually been waiting for this feature for a few months. I believe I wrote in the other thread for the “wanted features” and specifically requested the automatic disc detection which is similar to the one in DVD Shrink. I no longer have to wait for the blank disc to load and then click okay. Great new feature added. I highly appreciate this new feature as well as all the many features you have upgraded in the past.

Simply saying thanks to the great developers does not do this software enough service.